Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2022, 08:10   #15091
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Ekta Kapoor can become IPL head.
We can expect Saas aur Bahu type of expert discussions before and after the match.
Old 14th June 2022, 08:58   #15092
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
They won against SA in 2018 in SA
I think this statement is true though ?

India has never won a bilateral T20I series at home Vs South Africa.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 14:36   #15093
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Viacom means either on JioTV or on Voot. Both the apps are really cringeworthy.
Reliance apart from being the owners of Mumbai Indians also hold a 51% stake in Viacom18. BCCI conveniently doesn't understand the concept of 'conflict of interest'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Sony and Star are famous for mega serials. No wonder they have taken IPL matches . Ekta Kapoor can become IPL head.
Star broadcast is top notch, has been for several years now. The same can't be said about Sony!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 14:50   #15094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Reliance apart from being the owners of Mumbai Indians also hold a 51% stake in Viacom18. BCCI conveniently doesn't understand the concept of 'conflict of interest'!
So far has anyone doubted Reliance's presence in all profitable ventures?
Old 14th June 2022, 17:00   #15095
Distinguished - BHPian

One Stokes over looked like NZ had put the target out of England's reach. But interesting start from the Eng openers, looks like they're going for it. Didn't see this match coming together like this after the run-fests of the first innings. Test cricket, still got it!

Last edited by am1m : 14th June 2022 at 17:03.
Old 14th June 2022, 20:57   #15096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Now that we have started losing in bilateral series, I only hope we win the ICC tournaments and reverse the trends winning bilaterals and losing ICCs.
Let's be true to ourselves.
I don't see India winning the T20 world cup.

England is way ahead in firepower. Literally everyone from 1 to 7 can win matches anytime.

Australia just won the last one. And this time cup is in their backyard so they will be very tough to beat.

NZ and SA are a force to reckon.

Indian team looks out of balance with too many accumulators and lack of reliable bowling options barring Bumrah.

It will be a miracle if India wins.
So, my expectations are way low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
One Stokes over looked like NZ had put the target out of England's reach. But interesting start from the Eng openers, looks like they're going for it. Didn't see this match coming together like this after the run-fests of the first innings. Test cricket, still got it!
With 100 to win. 33 overs to play. 6 wickets in hand. England looks favourite right now to win.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 21:31   #15097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

With 100 to win. 33 overs to play. 6 wickets in hand. England looks favourite right now to win.
Just 31 runs needed for England to win the test series. They’re scoring runs even better than India scored against South Africa in ongoing T20.

Also can somebody explain why the batting coach isn’t able to help Rishabh Pant in gripping his bat so that it doesn’t slip from his one hand?

It boils my blood whenever I see him playing one handed shots. I haven’t seen any player doing that so often.
AbhishekNigam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 21:35   #15098
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
England are just 30 runs away from winning the second test, they've played outstanding cricket and in a way it feels like they've come back from behind to win this test too, fourth inning chases are never easy, Kudos to them

Root has now equalled 27 test hundreds (along with Steve Smith and Kohli) and now he's in the best position to probably go on and take a shot at 40+ centuries as he's youngest among the three and also England usually play more tests each year than most other teams.

Last edited by NPV : 14th June 2022 at 21:36.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 22:32   #15099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
England are just 30 runs away from winning the second test, they've played outstanding cricket and in a way it feels like they've come back from behind to win this test too, fourth inning chases are never easy, Kudos to them

Root has now equalled 27 test hundreds (along with Steve Smith and Kohli) and now he's in the best position to probably go on and take a shot at 40+ centuries as he's youngest among the three and also England usually play more tests each year than most other teams.
Not a good sign for us, the final test is next month, Rohit sharma and Kohli were out of form for IPL. Hopefully the brek helps them rejuvenates, but the way it is looks like it will be an uphill task for us.
Old 14th June 2022, 22:36   #15100
BHPian

England vs New Zealand - 2nd Test Match

Wow! England defeat New Zealand by 5 wickets!
Incredible batting on the fifth day pitch by the Englishmen. Bairstow blasts century of just 77 balls! This could well be the fastest 4th innings century in the history of cricket. Barring Nathan Astle's mind-boggling 222 in the 4th innings of the 2002 Christchurch Test (in a losing cause) against England, I don't remember any other innings more brutal than this while chasing a target in a test match. Sehwag's famous 83 of 68 balls against England in the 2008 Chennai Test comes a close second(or third ).

Last edited by Emvi : 14th June 2022 at 22:38.
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 10:40   #15101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post

Also can somebody explain why the batting coach isn’t able to help Rishabh Pant in gripping his bat so that it doesn’t slip from his one hand?

It boils my blood whenever I see him playing one handed shots. I haven’t seen any player doing that so often.
It's a technical flaw.
He is a dominant bottom handed player who uses his whole core to smash balls. His hand comes off often cos mostly in these shots he isn't perfectly balanced. If he works on his balance he can easily stop playing the one hand smash. Look at Kohli, extremely bottom handed wristy player but he is so well balanced you will never see him losing his grip on bat. Prime Kohli was a delight to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Since Covid struck Root has been on an another level. Way ahead of rest of Fab 4. Obviously England plays most tests but his form has been unbelievable especially in England (still to score a 100 in Australia).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Not a good sign for us, the final test is next month, Rohit sharma and Kohli were out of form for IPL. Hopefully the brek helps them rejuvenates, but the way it is looks like it will be an uphill task for us.
England are favourite and India had no test match practice since long. Will depend on the pitch and toss highly for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
England vs New Zealand - 2nd Test Match

Wow! England defeat New Zealand by 5 wickets!
Incredible batting on the fifth day pitch by the Englishmen. Bairstow blasts century of just 77 balls! This could well be the fastest 4th innings century in the history of cricket. Barring Nathan Astle's mind-boggling 222 in the 4th innings of the 2002 Christchurch Test (in a losing cause) against England, I don't remember any other innings more brutal than this while chasing a target in a test match. Sehwag's famous 83 of 68 balls against England in the 2008 Chennai Test comes a close second(or third ).
The McCullum effect.
England selectors have done a masterstroke it seems making him the coach. Say whatever but that guy is never negative in his approach. Live by the sword or Die on it. Astle innings is one of my favourite. The shot making in that match was breathtaking. Also McCullum farewell test was so much fun. I think he made the fastest test hundred in that.

Bairstow was brilliant but for me what Stokes did at Headingley still remains the favourite. That was one hopeless match to win.
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 18:41   #15102
BHPian

England have plundered 498 in 50 overs against Netherlands in an ODI.

Such matches only hasten the death of ODIs and erode audience's interest.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 22:41   #15103
BHPian

Career best efforts from Dinesh Karthik(55 of 27 balls), Hardik Pandya(46 of 31 balls), and Avesh Khan(4 for 18) help India trounce South Africa in the 4th T20I and level the series 2 all. Wonderful team effort ensures that the series is still alive going into the final match of the series.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:27   #15104
Senior - BHPian

One can only hope that the rains stay away from Bangalore on the match day. Poised for a very interesting 5th match.
Old 18th June 2022, 18:08   #15105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
England have plundered 498 in 50 overs against Netherlands in an ODI.

Such matches only hasten the death of ODIs and erode audience's interest.
ODIs died a bit each time they brought in changes in favor of the bat over ball.
E.g.
1. Two new balls, leading to zero reverse swing
2. Super-sub (remember that shortlived experiment anyone?)
3. Smaller boundaries with repetitive flat pitches
4. Thicker bats with large sweet spots vs same old ball
5. Oh! The experiments with powerplays

(Rant of a man whose used to bowl in gully-cricket)
srvm is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks