Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2022, 15:14   #15481
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Cricket Thread

Anyone interested in playing the official fantasy league for the WC? If yes, we can compete in this private league. Please invite friends too.

It's game on! Think you can beat me in the ICC Men's World Cup? Tap https://icc.dream11.com/icc-season/l...HZNCXTI00106@1 to join my Private League & show your skills!
Old 17th October 2022, 15:57   #15482
BHPian

India's death bowling still an Achilees heel despite the win today in the warm-up against Australia. We were in no position to defend the 185-odd at any stage - barring the miraculous turn of events - with an incredible final over by Shami.

In that one over (irrespective of how he performs during the entire WC), Shami showed the rare wicket-taking ability that Bhuvi, Arshdeep and Harshal have provided only rarely.

I believe Shami should play every match - he is a genuine quick, wicket-taking experienced bowler. In general Bhuvi, Harshal, Arsh are all similar - non-threatening speeds with reliance on movement and change of pace - waiting for the batsman to make mistakes vs creating real chances. Shami can be expensive on his off-day but its hardly as if the other three are very economical in the first place (Arsh is slightly more consistently frugal).

For a change, we had a very decent 19th over too and Harshal should take some confidence in how he bowled in that over. Otherwise, its been a very lacklustre Harshal over the last many matches now.

Chahal takes wickets once in a while - otherwise is predictably expensive. Ashwin is pretty decent balance of decently economical and the occasional wicket. Axar seems promising - a better bowler than Jadeja but nowhere in the same class as a batsman

Batting looks reasonably welloiled - with Rahul, Kohli, SKY all looking in good nick. Pandya, Karthik and Rohit look in decent shape too

Last edited by RoadTiger : 17th October 2022 at 15:59.
RoadTiger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 08:43   #15483
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, India's playing XI should be: Rohit, Rahul, Virat, Surya, Hardhik, Dinesh, Axar, Ashwin, Harshal, Bhuvaneshwar and Shami

On the bench we will have Rishabh, Deepak, Yuzvendra and Arshdeep.

I'd even think of Arshdeep in place of either Harshal or Bhuvaneshwar, but their experience and somewhat better batting skills puts them higher in the pecking order
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 21:00   #15484
Senior - BHPian

Such an entertaining few days. Everyone who went through deserved it. Windies have become a terrible team so no surprise there. Especially happy for Ireland and Zimbabwe going through. I am a Sucker for underdogs shining.

Sadly both Aus v Nz and India vs Pak might not happen due to 80% forecast of rain. Will be a bummer.
Old 22nd October 2022, 11:37   #15485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Windies have become a terrible team so no surprise there.
They won twice with their T20 superstars who also play franchise cricket all over the world.

Sadly they were probably forced to prioritize their franchises over country due to their board politics. Remember Sammy's speech on winning the T20 on how they were left stranded by the then board without even playing kits and it had to be arranged by the coach.
Old 22nd October 2022, 12:07   #15486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
They won twice with their T20 superstars who also play franchise cricket all over the world.

Sadly they were probably forced to prioritize their franchises over country due to their board politics. Remember Sammy's speech on winning the T20 on how they were left stranded by the then board without even playing kits and it had to be arranged by the coach.
Nope.
The board has been quite supportive off late and they made Pooran Captain as unanimous choice. If Pooran has failed as a player and Captain it's not boards fault. They gave him the team he wanted. They even accommodated Hetmyer in delayed flight but he still didn't came on time. They do miss Narine and Russell but both may not play for Windies again for obvious reasons. Issue with WI players is they have all muscle and hitting is only thing they understand. They have forgotten most matches are won by rotating strike and running twos and threes. Hopefully they learn and rise again.
Old 22nd October 2022, 15:04   #15487
BHPian

Aussies looking a little shaky in their case of 201.
Odds definitely in favor of the kiwis.
Old 23rd October 2022, 15:29   #15488
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

India did quite well overall to restrict Pak to 159, though it would have been great if Pak had not gotten even 150.

I think this is the kind of score that's not too small, not too big and needs a mix of measured aggression and caution. Hope India can win this, fingers crossed!

Last edited by NPV : 23rd October 2022 at 15:30.
Old 23rd October 2022, 15:48   #15489
Senior - BHPian

Yes we need to start well.

And we have lost KL Rahul as I type this post. I dont think this guy is a big match player.

Anyways, I was saying that we need to start well which means we should not lose wickets. But at the same time it's important not to retreat into a shell

Let's see how Rohit and Kohli play. This type of score is tailor made for their batting style to chase.

Hopefully we have a good chase.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 16:51   #15490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Yes we need to start well.

And we have lost KL Rahul as I type this post. I dont think this guy is a big match player.

Anyways, I was saying that we need to start well which means we should not lose wickets. But at the same time it's important not to retreat into a shell

Let's see how Rohit and Kohli play. This type of score is tailor made for their batting style to chase.

Hopefully we have a good chase.
Wait for him to come back and plunder runs when it is a match with minnows, they should really replace KL with Pant, KL is one of the most selfish players in recent times with no appetite to play big ticket games.

Rohit has been absolutely shit with bat after taking captaincy over, hopefully he can get his game together in this last T20 World Cup he plays. He should quit this format right after this tournament if he has any dignity left.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 17:24   #15491
Senior - BHPian

Champion stuff from Kohli, take a bow !!
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 17:25   #15492
Senior - BHPian

A literal cliffhanger of a match.

A fitting conclusion to an epic encounter.

The winner of the India - Pak match is actually cricket .
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 17:27   #15493
Senior - BHPian

What a match and what an innings!!!

Kohli you are a beauty. Absolute beauty!
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 17:32   #15494
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

What a match and what a win...all hail Virat Kohli

Hope this taught every Kohli baiter a big lesson - never underestimate a legend, Form is temporary, class is permanent and what match awareness and presence of mind to take 3 off the crucial free hit ball
NPV is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 17:44   #15495
BHPian

So stoked. My dog was bamboozled why he got an unexpected treat!

Extremely happy for Kohli. Hope this kickstarts his purple patch 2.0.

For the next games, I’d replace Axar with Hooda. Even two overs from him along with his batting and fielding capabilities will do the team good.
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks