Old 23rd October 2022, 17:59   #15496
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Kohli, the last over, aswin's calmness. what a final over and what a match
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 18:30   #15497
Senior - BHPian

That straight shot is nearly impossible to time for a long six.. Add the pressure and their fastest in form baller and this easily becomes one of the best sixes I have ever seen.

I have received quite some flake here for supporting Kohli.. But, I have always maintained he is the best batsman for India since Sachin retired. Without a doubt and probably will surpass Sachin when he retires. The tear in Kohli eyes showed what this win meant for him.

For me we already won the World cup with this match. Now if we win the Final that will be cherry on the top
harry10 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 18:38   #15498
BHPian

As rightly quoted by Ravi Shastri at the very begining of post match interview - cometh the hour, cometh the man, chasemaster Kohli is well and truly back, back to his very best!

The match lived up to its billing and the quality of cricket from both the sides was brilliant. It was an absolute treat to watch Kohli play the way he played. Those back to back sixes of Haris Rauf were extraordinary, magical. Not so long ago, there were people unjustly criticising him, crucifying him and what not. His place in the T20 side was questioned and his meaningful performances in Asia cup too weren't spared.

The tournament has just begun, I feel there is more to come.
Emvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 18:47   #15499
BHPian

KING KOHLI the chase master is back. Scintillating performance! That two sixes in second last over turned the table.

G.O.A.T
Old 23rd October 2022, 19:12   #15500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Disclaimer: I am not a Kohli fan, infact I dislike him for his arrogance.

I feel all the arm chair critics are being a little unfair towards him, yes, he has not been performing well, he is supposed to and that is why he is there in the Indian National team. I am 36 and I play local tournaments as a captain of my team. There have been times when I could not perform, no matter what I tried, no matter how much I wanted to, it just does not happen. I make all kinds of strategy, in my mind, I am 100% sure that it will work but it just does not. Cricket or any sport for that matter is a combination of hard work, agility, mental strength, practice and a little bit of luck. Sometimes, you are not just destined to score or take wickets no matter how good you are. There are hardly any audiences for our matches but the kind of pressure I feel is something I can't explain. I can not even imagine the amount of pressure these guys playing at those levels feel. It must be unnerving. I have lost my sleep on couple of occasions because I could not perform in back to back matches. I feel for Kohli and players like him. I hope he has what it takes to get through this phase. I sincerely hope.

He should be dropped out of the team and should be taught a lesson about his arrogance. However, at the end, he is doing his job but selectors are not, they should be reminded of their job and as for Kohli, I hope he learns his lessons real quick, get a little humble and get the cricket gods by his side soon, for his sake and for India's sake.
The man has arrived, yet again. What a knock, what come back and I feel he is a little less arrogant. Onwards and Upwards
Old 23rd October 2022, 20:10   #15501
PPS
Senior - BHPian

The match lived up to all the hype, what a Blockbuster Match! 48 runs from last 3 overs was nearly impossible stuff especially on the huge MCG but King Kohli managed to do the impossible single handedly. This has to the best game that I've watched involving India! The best still is the last ODI WC Final between Eng-NZ!

Last edited by PPS : 23rd October 2022 at 20:18.
PPS is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 20:57   #15502
BHPian

What a match...not because we won, but for the sheer quality of the game from both sides and for the contest that kept everyone engrossed.

Now, coming back to the hero of this match, I am one of those Kohli's critic, not of the batsman, but the person on the field, for all his antics and so-called aggression and positive attitude.
But today, he was so different, calm and focussed. And boy didn't he deliver? This innings should be his one of the best (in all formats), notwithstanding it's a T20I innings.
I had given up hope at the end of 18th over, and I was thinking even if we lost, Kohli played brilliantly. But to win from position (of course with some luck in the last over), it's absolutely brilliant.
This is the Kohli I would want to see, 'the' Kohli with the bat talking.
redCherry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 21:00   #15503
Senior - BHPian

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."

You only have to watch the 6 that Kohli hit at 18.5 to understand why he is in a class of his own. It was an unbelievable, magical innings.

Thank you for the Diwali gift, Virat!
comfortablynumb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 21:46   #15504
BHPian

Kohli shows he's THE KING, the ONLY KING of today's cricket. What a player.
Great allround performance by Pandya too.
First 5-8 overs of Indian pace bowling was a sight to watch too.

Also well played Pakistan, if not for Kohli 's genius, they would've won.
Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 23:20   #15505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Virat Kohli. Hope the champ gets back in form soon. 33 is way too young for such an athletic player. Not a fan of his antics but always loved watching him play.

https://Youtu.be/JsOYQFurKZY
And he is back. Hope he continues this form and stamps his authority in this WC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
If this is of any solace, one of the FM radio channels had got one astrology guru this noon and his prediction is that post November 2022, Kohli will do things far greater than what he’s done thus far.
The prediction was almost on point, few weeks early he is back.

Great work by Kohli and Pandya but full marks to Ashwin for keeping a cool head when it mattered. Having said that this is only the first match. Hope we go on to win this WC, it’s been very long since we last won a WC

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd October 2022 at 23:39.
SoumenD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 00:47   #15506
BHPian

What a wonderful privilege to have watched the last 2 overs live. Ashwin leaving the final ball that went on for a wide was just ice cold!
lordtottuu is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 09:37   #15507
BHPian

It was a great match but I think Pak let the match slip away in the last 2 overs. The last over was a 9 ball over which did not help Pak. Kudos to Kohli to stay till the end and taking India over the line. With the first hurdle crossed India can be confident of qualifying for semi finals as South Africa is the only other strong team to face.
Joeboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 09:47   #15508
Senior - BHPian

Wish you all a Viraat Diwali and Hardik wishes for the new year!
rrsteer is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 10:37   #15509
BHPian

With all the praises going to Kohli (deserving), give a thought to the calmness of R Ashwin to leave the wide ball and not go for a wild slog. He has a shrewd cricketing brain!
VWAllstar is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 11:27   #15510
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Its great that we won. Its great to appreciate our cricketers for their great efforts on some corner of any playing field across the world.

Amidst Diwali this is a resounding well done!

Saying the above, nowhere else and at no time other than yesterday has the fact that collective/ public memory is short, been more evident.

Seems just a little bit earlier that the whole world was in its armchair criticising and reviling Brother Virat, whether on account of his form or on account of his preference to spend time with his family. Now of course it is All Hail King Kohli and thank goodness for that!
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks