Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2022, 10:14   #15856
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Kuldeep yadav has been dropped after his exploits in the last match. Everyone expects the pitch to turn from Day three.

Unadkat has taken a wicket in the first session. Still..
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 10:26   #15857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Kuldeep yadav has been dropped after his exploits in the last match. Everyone expects the pitch to turn from Day three.

Unadkat has taken a wicket in the first session. Still..
Why is Ashwin playing after his mediocre performance in the first test? And what was the logic in dropping Kuldeep?
Old 22nd December 2022, 13:14   #15858
Distinguished - BHPian

KL is playing today.

I though his injury yesterday was a blessing in disguise for India.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 14:42   #15859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Why is Ashwin playing after his mediocre performance in the first test? And what was the logic in dropping Kuldeep?
Ashwin is out number 1 spinner still and one bad game does not change anything. And he bailed us out with the bat too, remember. The choice was between Axar and Kuldeep. The wrist spinner should have played.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 20:19   #15860
BHPian

Sort of watched the whole day's play in the background of WFH. Few observations:

1. Rahul (KL + Dravid) seem to continue the cluttered approach. When we pick a third seamer in subcontinent conditions, there's usually a grass covering on the pitch (like today's pitch) indicating there's going to be help for the fast men. So you'd want to bowl first and make maximum use of the third seamer, right? Not if you're KL, who said at the toss that he was looking to bat first. It's a good thing we lost the toss and ended up bowling. We might get away with such shenanigans against Bangladesh, but an Australia or an England will not be so forgiving.

2. Jaydev Unadkat's inclusion could be a blessing in disguise. Because he is creating a "rough patch" outside the right hander's off stump in his follow through for Ashwin + Axar to utilise. Our spin duo is going to be deadly in the second innings, Ash has already picked up 4 wickets. Watch out for Axar now.

3. Umesh Yadav was getting the ball to reverse at pace. The ball to get Nurul Hasan LBW was amazing, it swung in late and the batsman was beaten for pace. Siraj picking up wickets in the last game and Umesh doing the business in this one ensured we didn't miss Bumrah + Shami too much.

4. Felt bad for Kuldeep Yadav, especially after seeing Shakib turn the ball past a jittery KL and a confident Gill multiple times in the last session. Gill had the guts + skill to use his feet to defend and even whacked a six over Shakib's head. KL has only the skill, he hasn't shown the guts yet. Although seeing Unadkat being rewarded for consistent performances in domestic competitions was good.
Old 24th December 2022, 16:35   #15861
Senior - BHPian

After Ganguly as board president, Dravid as coach is worst thing to happen in Indian cricket. What ridiculous dead bat batting was today. Only Axar knew how to Bat positively cos you need to make runs to win. Killer instinct of team is completely gone.

KL Rahul is absolutely useless. Kohli is averaging below 30 since last 3 Years. Till when selectors will persist with them. Can't play pace, can't play spin too. Thankfully the real batters Shreyas and Pant are still to come so this match still may result in win.

Also dropping your best bowler Kuldeep from last test was an A class idiotic move by Coach and Captain.

Last edited by harry10 : 24th December 2022 at 16:36.
Old 24th December 2022, 17:34   #15862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
After Ganguly as board president, Dravid as coach is worst thing to happen in Indian cricket.
I couldn’t agree more! Dravid for all his good work with the bat, his work as a coach has been fairly poor.
Old 24th December 2022, 21:17   #15863
Senior - BHPian

Dropping a match winner like Kuldeep and including Unadkat on a turning track is nothing but open favorism to players coming from one particular region, either the coach or the captain has to quit and speak against the nepotism harming Indian cricket.
Old 24th December 2022, 22:27   #15864
Distinguished - BHPian

KL Rahul, who should have been dropped for good, is leading the side along with other inconsistencies. The selectors are worthless. And in one inconsequential match, he will score and then selectors would be like “we told ‘ya.” There are so much of young talent waiting for their chance…I don’t think KL deserves to be in the team.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 22:47   #15865
Senior - BHPian

The first 45 minutes of tomorrow morning will determine the winner. What a fight back from Bangladesh.

I really wonder why we took such a defensive approach to a low score chase.
Old 25th December 2022, 01:06   #15866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
The first 45 minutes of tomorrow morning will determine the winner. What a fight back from Bangladesh.

We are playing the Dravidball.. Absolute opposite of Bazball

Nothing against Unadkat. He deserved a chance for his domestic exploits. But, not in this match. And not in place of our best spinner this tour. Team selection is absolutely garbage since Dravid/Rohit took over. I so miss Shastri/Kohli combo in tests now.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 04:03   #15867
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I vaguely remember a Test India lost to West Indies in an away tour in the 2000s ?, Dravid played in that game

Chasing 108 in the fourth inning, I think we folded up for about 80-90, Franklyn Rose was the hero if my memory serves me right.

Every game, Pant and Shreyas will not be be able to save us, so I'm just praying we don't lose this one.

Edit:it was in the 1996/97 tour and chasing 119, we were bowled out for 81, Ambrose, Bishop and Rose shared 10 wickets

Last edited by NPV : 25th December 2022 at 04:20.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 05:34   #15868
Senior - BHPian

For some reasons, I’m placing my bets on Axar and Ashwin to take us home.

It’s going to be a very intense hour in the morning. The intensity signal was very evident in the east Kohli’s dismissal was celebrated.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 09:52   #15869
BHPian

Too many players available, too many options for each spot, always experimenting talking about some forthcoming world cup (ODI or T20) instead of concentrating on the game at hand. All experiments mean even the test XI is confused.

Fine tuning for the world cup, pieces falling in place for the world cup, focus on this format in world cup year, that format not a priority this year, more and more bull talk continously means it is utter chaos with selection.
Old 25th December 2022, 09:54   #15870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For some reasons, I’m placing my bets on Axar and Ashwin to take us home.

It’s going to be a very intense hour in the morning. The intensity signal was very evident in the east Kohli’s dismissal was celebrated.
Axar is gone.

Hope Ashwin makes your words come true.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks