Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2022, 14:32   #15886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

KL’s test career batting average is 35. And he is our opener! Let him play his IPL matches- there’s so much talent sitting outside the team. I have always felt that he is an overhyped player.
Dravid has been a total disappointment when it comes to senior cricket team.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 19:58   #15887
Distinguished - BHPian

The Cricket Thread-kl.jpg

Amazingly Consistent Bad!
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 22:12   #15888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Attachment 2394409

Amazingly Consistent Bad!
Barring the number of matches(innings) Rahul played as captain, rest of the statistics is correct.

The Cricket Thread-rahul.jpg

Source- ESPNcricinfo
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 00:49   #15889
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
After looking at the stats of the best bowlers in domestic cricket, Jayadev has not done anything that significant to be recalled after 10 years and playing in the Indian team
Sorry a little late to the discussion, but can you please share the stats that led to this conclusion. My gut feeling from following domestic cricket is that he's been one of the best around, at least in the past 4-5 years. I mean, who deserved it more from among the(almost) uncapped fast bowlers?

Last edited by Eddy : 27th December 2022 at 00:51.
Old 27th December 2022, 07:45   #15890
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Cricbuzz usually have good stuff going on pre and post match. I usually enjoy the hosting by Gaurav Kapoor and Harsha, JOY, Simon etc in panel.

Shreyas for ODI and tests.
SKY for only t20 as he hasn't don't anything worthy in ODI and he doesn't look like a test player.
Sanju can't find a place in team and you feel he will be captain

I feel Hardik should Captain t20.
Shreyas should Captain ODI.
Pant or Ashwin should Captain Tests.
I agree. But a player like SKY can turn the match by dominating in just a single session. Such an impact player he will be in tests (alongwith Pant )
Ashwin now deserve to become the captain of test team.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 09:08   #15891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Sorry a little late to the discussion, but can you please share the stats that led to this conclusion? I mean, who deserved it more from among the(almost) uncapped fast bowlers?
I was referring to the stats from Ranji trophy seasons 2018-2022 at https://stats.espncricinfo.com, to exclude Kuldeep and bring in Jayadev not convincing.
Old 27th December 2022, 13:33   #15892
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Who suggested and who all agreed to drop Kuldeep? A POM in the last game and a sub continent wicket, what was the logic?
Ideally one should pick the XI based on how the pitch is going to behave till Day 5 but the team management picked the extra pacer based on the pitch prepared for Day 1, but then the Captain said they would have batted first! Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
KL Rahul captaining India!
Right now, KL Rahul's position in the team is suspect in all 3 formats based on his performances this year! Hopefully the new selection committee deals with him in a different way.

Quote:
Shreyas for ODI and tests.
Shreyas is a good long term option but he's yet to perform outside Asia atleast in Tests. He has bailed India out on a few occasions this year.

Quote:
Pant or Ashwin should Captain Tests.
Pant has been performing in Tests but he has instead been demoted from the Vice-Captaincy. I would rather have Virat Kohli back as a Test Captain, if he's interested. But then his batting form isn't great.

Quote:
When Puji can go to domestic and county to gain form why can't Kohli do the same. It's the spineless BCCI and selectors screwing the team again and again.
Both Pujara & Virat have been below average against spin. Its a risk now to prepare rank turners against the Australians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I agree. But a player like SKY can turn the match by dominating in just a single session. Such an impact player he will be in tests
Selectors should have tried Sarfaraz in Bangladesh. He's been the one in red hot form for a while in the domestic season. I do not know much about SKY's domestic exploits but one can't pick someone in Tests based on his T20 exploits + I don't think there is any place for him to fit into the XI!
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 22:24   #15893
BHPian

I would love to see the new selection committee get the below playing XI in a Test Series in Asia:

R Sharma / P Shaw
S Gill
C Pujara
V Kohli
S Iyer (C)
R Pant (wk)
R Ashwin (VC)
R Jadeja
K Yadav
J Bhumrah
M Shami / M Siraj / U Malik

BCCI has selected the below team for T20s against SL. SKY is the new VC.
Attached Thumbnails
The Cricket Thread-screenshot_20221227_222032_twitter.jpg  

VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 12:47   #15894
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Decent selection by the Old Selection Committee. Shreyas has been rightly dropped from the T20s while Gill is lucky to be in T20 team. Bishnoi should have been selected instead of Chahal. Most probably its the end of the road for Shikhar Dhawan & Bhuvi!
Old 28th December 2022, 14:00   #15895
BHPian

An amazing series of videos analysing the debacle that was our T20 world cup campaign

For the TL; DR folks: It's the fear of failure that's ironically causing our downfall in crunch moments. We had the 2nd highest team strike rate in powerplays and the highest in the death overs in the bilateral T20 series leading up to the WC. But for some reason, we fell back on conservatism when it matters the most. This defensive mindset impacted everything from selections to tactics and the end result was us being thrashed by England.
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 14:12   #15896
KPR
BANNED

It is a shame to Rohit for being a failure captain. Is the real debacle due to GFs/wives ego clash going behind in deciding who has power?
Old 28th December 2022, 15:54   #15897
Senior - BHPian

SKY first class record isn't great. Rather give Sarfraz a chance who is making 100 after 100 in domestic. For tests we should choose the performers from domestic otherwise why all this Ranji trophy etc are played.

Good to see Rahul isn't vice captain anymore. Doesn't deserve it. What has Bishnoi done to be omitted so much. Same with Shaw. We are selecting Gill in T20 who is again an ODI player playing t20. We need hitters in T20.

Still a better team selection than before.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 18:53   #15898
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, SA is being toyed around by Australia. Badly being trashed around. SA need 2-3 people to stand up, else, it’ll turn out to be an embarrassing tour already.

Kane had another century today. Will be an interesting 4th day against Pakistan tomorrow. Surely a match headed to a result.
Old 29th December 2022, 09:20   #15899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For tests we should choose the performers from domestic otherwise why all this Ranji trophy etc are played.

What has Bishnoi done to be omitted so much. Same with Shaw. We are selecting Gill in T20 who is again an ODI player playing t20.
This is what I felt when Jayadev Unadkat was picked for the BD test series, surely either Rahul Dravid or Rohit Sharma is not on good terms with Bishnoi and Shaw. This is like how Greg Chapell and Rahul Dravid mishandled Kaif, Irfan Pathan, and Ajit Agarkar.
Old 29th December 2022, 09:30   #15900
Distinguished - BHPian

With much sadness I have to admit Rahul Dravid is proving to be a less than ideal choice as coach. I'm a huge Dravid fan and not a big fan of Shasthri or of Kohli's antics, but have to admit they ran and managed things a lot better. Time for the BCCI to step in and take hard decisions all around. But from past history, that is never going to happen. We'll have to wait for this batch of non-performing "former stars-future legends" to retire. I see Dravid getting the axe before that though.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks