Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 20:15   #151
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
You should have had a word with Team BCCI. According to some reports, the team felt they can have batting pratice against BAN and lost.
There is more to this than meets the eye. Some players "pressurized" Dravid to bat first, against his own and the coach's decision. Dravid conveniently goes along with them. And then some of the seniors (including Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly) score at less than 3 an over over a period of 30 overs to ensure that India loses. Subsequently, we have seen that teams like Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand have had no problems scoring at will against the same Bangladesh bowling. Greg Chappell has openly asserted that some of our seniors are playing for sponsorship rather than for the team.

Edit: The possiblity of match-fixing and maybe sabotage by our seniors should be carefully investigated. Sabotage and rebellion against Greg Chappell, of course. And maybe they chickened out of the preliminary round, knowing fully well that they were in for a serious thrashing by teams like Aus, SA, NZ and even West Indies/England in the Super 8 round.

Some of our illustrious ex-cricketers, including Gavaskar, are meeting on April 7 along with BCCI to debate the causes for the Indian debacle in the World Cup. I predict that they will blame Greg Chappell. Gavaskar is known to be against foreign coaches for the Indian cricket team. And you can hardly expect Gavaskar to say anything against his blue-eyed boy and fellow-Mumbaikar Sachin Tendulkar. Same goes for Sharad Pawar. Maybe Dravid will also be made a scapegoat and Sachin will be brought in as captain.

Last edited by rks : 3rd April 2007 at 20:30.
Old 3rd April 2007, 22:19   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is more to this than meets the eye. Some players "pressurized" Dravid to bat first, against his own and the coach's decision. Dravid conveniently goes along with them. And then some of the seniors (including Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly) score at less than 3 an over over a period of 30 overs to ensure that India loses. Subsequently, we have seen that teams like Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand have had no problems scoring at will against the same Bangladesh bowling. Greg Chappell has openly asserted that some of our seniors are playing for sponsorship rather than for the team.
i dont believe a word you said. this is just plain imagination of a fickle mind. I dont believe that rahul dravid of all the people would fix a match, i dont believe that sachin would either. it is the differences in the personalities & the commercial interests that the others had that has spoilt the game.

Quote:
Some of our illustrious ex-cricketers, including Gavaskar, are meeting on April 7 along with BCCI to debate the causes for the Indian debacle in the World Cup. I predict that they will blame Greg Chappell. Gavaskar is known to be against foreign coaches for the Indian cricket team. And you can hardly expect Gavaskar to say anything against his blue-eyed boy and fellow-Mumbaikar Sachin Tendulkar. Same goes for Sharad Pawar. Maybe Dravid will also be made a scapegoat and Sachin will be brought in as captain.
This i totally agree since Gavaskar with his stupid selfish goals would be there along with ravi shastri's influence & a whole lot of others who have been benefitted by sachin's success. i hope sharad pawar is a shrewd man, but there is no hope.
Old 3rd April 2007, 22:31   #153
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
i dont believe a word you said. this is just plain imagination of a fickle mind. I dont believe that rahul dravid of all the people would fix a match, i dont believe that sachin would either. it is the differences in the personalities & the commercial interests that the others had that has spoilt the game.
Even Malcolm Speed admitted that "There is corruption in World Cup cricket", after Bob Woolmer's death. That is some admission, by the chief of the ICC. And Dawood Ibrahim is rumoured to have stakes of up to Rs 400 crores in illegal betting, according to a TV report (either CNN-IBN or Times Now, I forget which). When that much money is involved, you cannot rule out anybody and an impartial investigation is needed whenever there are suspicious circumstances, such as, a team like India losing to a team like Bangladesh.

Although I tend to agree with you that Dravid is a team man and unlikely to be involved. I think he should continue to be captain, but I have no sympathy for the other seniors.

Last edited by rks : 3rd April 2007 at 22:40.
Old 4th April 2007, 05:19   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
there are suspicious circumstances, such as, a team like India losing to a team like Bangladesh.
There's nothing suspicious. The BCCI club team sucks. Only Bermuda is lower, and atleast they have day jobs.
Old 4th April 2007, 08:28   #155
Senior - BHPian

What ! do you think our cricketers do not have day jobs ? they are out shooting all the time man.
Old 4th April 2007, 10:59   #156
BHPian

Its sad to know how we want to guard our country's prestige .

Just imagine when 50,000 Crores or more allocated to infrastructure development and social welfare projects. Many of those dont take off or donot complete in time. As citizens we are not interested in finding out about those thousands of crores of rupees where matches (projects) are not being played at all.. and nobody wants to cry about it.

but a 500 crores of sponsors (businessman's) money is at stake in cricket and the whole nation is worried and tossing around. We actually dance and sway to the music of the media.

The country's prestige is lost when it has poverty, crime and social unrest. Not by losing a game of cricket.
Old 4th April 2007, 11:10   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire View Post
Its sad to know how we want to guard our country's prestige .

Just imagine when 50,000 Crores or more allocated to infrastructure development and social welfare projects. Many of those dont take off or donot complete in time. As citizens we are not interested in finding out about those thousands of crores of rupees where matches (projects) are not being played at all.. and nobody wants to cry about it.

but a 500 crores of sponsors (businessman's) money is at stake in cricket and the whole nation is worried and tossing around. We actually dance and sway to the music of the media.

The country's prestige is lost when it has poverty, crime and social unrest. Not by losing a game of cricket.
Well said four_tire.
When India lost to SL, it was a relief because immediately after that those automated messages harping about "win world cup TV", "Free world cup baniyan".. etc., stopped coming. Moreover if the cricket fixation gets over other sports like motorsports will get a chance. As of now if you want sponsorship for any event, you will be shown the door if cricket does not somehow figure in it.
Old 4th April 2007, 17:08   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"win world cup TV", "Free world cup baniyan".

India can never do well in any physical sport. We were doing reasonably well in cricket only because it did not demand extreme physical exertion. Now that the game has changed, we are finding it difficult.
Old 4th April 2007, 17:38   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

India can never do well in any physical sport. We were doing reasonably well in cricket only because it did not demand extreme physical exertion. Now that the game has changed, we are finding it difficult.
Disagree. We did very well in hockey until politics took precedence over talent. Till accountability is built into the system there can be no excellence.
Old 4th April 2007, 17:42   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Disagree. We did very well in hockey until politics took precedence over talent. Till accountability is built into the system there can be no excellence.
I diasagree too.

More than politics, it was the style of hockey that changed & india could not change accordingly because of the lack of physical energy. Holland, Australia & other european countries brought power hockey. That doomed India. Same is happening in Cricket too.
cheers
Old 4th April 2007, 17:49   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same is happening in Cricket too. cheers
I diasagree.

There are a bunch youngters who are happy to throw themselves around in the field - only if the oldies make way for them.
Old 4th April 2007, 17:52   #162
rks
BANNED

Quote:
More than politics, it was the style of hockey that changed & india could not change accordingly because of the lack of physical energy. Holland, Australia & other european countries brought power hockey.
I agree. The moment astro-turf was used in hockey, it became a much faster game and the rules were also changed to suit the fast style (e.g. penalty corner rule). Naturally, the European/Australian teams benefitted. It became much easier to hit a powerful passing shot from one corner of the field to another with astro-turf and it was no longer necessary to have the kind of dribbling skills that the Indian/Pakistani teams had.

Last edited by rks : 4th April 2007 at 17:56.
Old 4th April 2007, 17:58   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I diasagree.

There are a bunch youngters who are happy to throw themselves around in the field - only if the oldies make way for them.
can you name 15 or at least 11 please?
Old 4th April 2007, 18:06   #164
Senior - BHPian

Chappell made to resign

Cricinfo - Greg Chappell resigns

what a shame !!!!
Old 4th April 2007, 20:54   #165
Team-BHP Support

Greg Chappell's resigned. That's a shame. It's our players who should be really sacked. They are the ones who hold the bat and ball in a match and not the coach. However good the teacher, finally the student's attitude is the one that matters.

Most Viewed