Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 11:32   #1756
BANNED

Come back? When was he actually in by the way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Rohit Sharma could make another come back.
And still our Dhoni boys beat the Aussies and got the World Cup
Quote:
Another simple question with another simple answer. Because:

1. We are not as professional as the Aussies.
2. Our selection process is not as transparent as the Aussies.
3. We are not as consistent as the Aussies.
4. Our players cannot play as free as the Aussies because of the added burden from fans around the country. Not to mention the media.
5. Because the state of the game at the root levels is not as good as the Aussies.
6. Because unlike the Aussies we don't "execute" our plans as well or as consistently.
Old 9th October 2007, 11:53   #1757
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

From the horses mouth. John Wright on his take on the Eng series. If anyone has a right to voice his opinion then its THIS man who probably was the best coach India ever had. A man who proved his ability by bringing about a change in the way we played our cricket. And carefully listen to what he has to say about the fab 4 and Yuvraj in particular.

Tony Greg also mentions that "swing has brought the downfall of the OZ's".

http://audiodata.cricinfo.com/db/MUL.../300/301.1.mp3
Old 9th October 2007, 11:57   #1758
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
And still our Dhoni boys beat the Aussies and got the World Cup
Are you that short sighted? Australia hasn't lost a match to India in 3.5 yrs till the previous match. And you are whining about 1 win in a T20 cup? Come on, talk some sense diabloo. I suggest you liten to Tony Greg's commentary in the previous link I put up where he says Australia are bound to loose an odd match or a couple of matches here and there. But I don't see most of the teams beating them convincingly "over a period of time". Which IMO is the truth. The sooner you accept that the better.

This is the reason for the dismal performances of our team if you ask me. One win throws all the poor performances out of the window. One win makes us forget everything. When the fans are happy that India won ONE match in the T20 against the Aussie while lost countless number of them in the last 3.5 yrs we are yet satisfied with that ONE match rather than wanting to improve the loss record and come closer to turning the tables around. Till this mentality exists our team will go nowhere.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th October 2007 at 12:00.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:06   #1759
BANNED

Who will Sehwag replace? Sachin or Saurav?
Only after Vengsarkar figures this out he will get Sehwag into the team.

Quote:
Will someone tell that good for nothing Vengsarkar to get Sehwag back in the team?
Old 9th October 2007, 12:13   #1760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Why can't we compare them to the Aussies ? Infact the board and the team are aiming to be like or maybe even better Australia to be called as World Champions !
Why not indeed? Over the 20-20 series and yesterday's match, the team has shown a willingness to fight to the end.

Why focus on their strengths (and glorify them) and our weaknesses? They are obvious enough - whats the point in debating them? Shouldnt we be doing the latter?

Assuming that we want our national team (or BCCI Club team as v1p3r says, but they are our default national team) to win, that is.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:16   #1761
BANNED

Quote:
Who will Sehwag replace? Sachin or Saurav?
Only after Vengsarkar figures this out he will get Sehwag into the team.
An even simpler solution. Bring him in instead of Gambhir. Sourav as Niranjan Shah has pointed out "doesn't suit the team composition". Once Sourav will go out again (for reasons only BCCI know) Sehwag will be back in the team as opener. The advantage is that he bats better (aggressive, fearless) than Gambhir who anyways scores a 50 once a decade. Btw, Gambhir averages 2.5, 28.25 & 8.50 in the last three series he has played which is totally unacceptable. Sehwag can also bowl, plus inspite of successive failure he has this trademark of striking prime form in a matter of seconds. And this brings fear to the bowling opposition. And if he gets going, there is no better treat to watch. So what you say?
Old 9th October 2007, 12:21   #1762
BANNED

Quote:
Why not indeed? Over the 20-20 series and yesterday's match, the team has shown a willingness to fight to the end.
Please refer to my previous post about we Indians being short sighted! These two matches are just "one offs" maybe with a couple more to come. I am talking wrt to Australia. Come on, to be even considered/compared to as champions we ought to give "some fight". Not lose all matches in 3.5 yrs on a trot.

Quote:
whats the point in debating them? Shouldnt we be doing the latter?
You mean focus on their weaknesses and our strengths? Absolutely right. But will our BCCI XI "execute" them is the BIG question. Because that is what matters. Execution.

I think all of us here should listen to the two commentary links I have put up. There is a lot to learn for us as fans from it.

PS: Vododra will once again be a test of real fighting spirit we have.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th October 2007 at 12:30.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:40   #1763
BANNED

Welcome the longsighted boy
Quote:
Are you that short sighted?
So what? The fact is they couldn't win T20 WC.
Quote:
Australia hasn't lost a match to India in 3.5 yrs till the previous match.
I am was happy and still happy for T20 WC win. Its you who was and is whining for India's win.
Quote:
And you are whining about 1 win in a T20 cup?
Hope all your readings, idiot's commentary, audio, and other data propel India to one more ODI WC victory. Hope that happens with your Fab 3 still in the team.
Quote:
I suggest you liten to Tony Greg's commentary in the previous link I put up where he says Australia are bound to loose an odd match or a couple of matches here and there. But I don't see most of the teams beating them convincingly "over a period of time". Which IMO is the truth. The sooner you accept that the better.
If old legs don't move, why blame the T20 champions ??? I fail to understand. You must be the one who constantly and still cribs that roses have thorns
Quote:
This is the reason for the dismal performances of our team if you ask me. One win throws all the poor performances out of the window. One win makes us forget everything. When the fans are happy that India won ONE match in the T20 against the Aussie while lost countless number of them in the last 3.5 yrs we are yet satisfied with that ONE match rather than wanting to improve the loss record and come closer to turning the tables around.
Out team might not go anywhere with Fab 3 but without them they have won the WC.
Quote:
Till this mentality exists our team will go nowhere.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:40   #1764
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
And I had posted before even Dhoni made the remarks about the seniors and said that the openers did well not to lose any wickets when the ball was SWINGING and the bounce was uneven . !
I saw a little bit of the highlights. The ball swings around, seams around and bounces more on the ptches in England/SA. You are acting as if only Tendulkar and Ganguly could have negotiated these conditions. This is just part of the media hype and will not fool those who can see through it. But have it your way. As far as I am concerned I would select Kaif and Karthik to open the batting in one-dayers.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:48   #1765
BANNED

Happy news for mclaren1885, Ponting mocks India's 'fake' aggression
Quote:
Australia hasn't lost a match to India in 3.5 yrs till the previous match. Australia are bound to loose an odd match or a couple of matches here and there. But I don't see most of the teams beating them convincingly "over a period of time". Which IMO is the truth.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:52   #1766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Neither ... they would have been around the 300 mark !!
hahahaba ok Khaadu
Old 9th October 2007, 12:54   #1767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
As far as I am concerned I would select Kaif and Karthik to open the batting in one-dayers.
Well, we MUST thank God for small mercies & one of them being that you are not on the selection committee

Last edited by suman : 9th October 2007 at 12:55.
Old 9th October 2007, 13:06   #1768
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I saw a little bit of the highlights. The ball swings around, seams around and bounces more on the ptches in England/SA. You are acting as if only Tendulkar and Ganguly could have negotiated these conditions. This is just part of the media hype and will not fool those who can see through it. But have it your way. As far as I am concerned I would select Kaif and Karthik to open the batting in one-dayers.
Seems you missed the uneven bounce bit ... do you know what one means by uneven bounce ?? And Im not saying that only those two could have negotiated it .. but what Im saying is that the team has been chosen and we gotta highlight on the effort of those playing and not on those who ain't playing . And what Media hype you talking about --- media was also ripping Sachin fopr his slow scoring rate , till Dhoni came in with praise for their effort . I don't go by what the media says or don't say as the Media is full of **** these days and they would say or do anything to get viewers to listen to them and only those who have no clue about how it feels to be oput there playing listen in and make judgements .

Even in T20 why India went on to win was due to the fact that they didn't lose too many early wickets and that allowed the later half of the batting line up to open up their arms freely . But your points definitely keep us entertained so keep at it !! And as Suman said ... thank God you not a selector or we would have been in a worse situation .

Amen ....
Old 9th October 2007, 13:13   #1769
BANNED

Quote:
Our team might not go anywhere with Fab 3 but without them they have won the WC.
T20 WC is just ONE of the prestigious (?) cups in cricket (and FYI I am happy they won). There are more of them namely Best Test team, Best ODI team (which is what we should aim at). And the others like:

1. ICC Champions trophy (a mini-world cup infact) where Indians have been runners-up & joint winners.
2. Runners up of a ODI WC as well.
3. Leveled Aus in Australia.
4. Beaten Australia in Sharjah.
5. Beaten Australia @ home soil.
6. Beaten Pakistan in Pakistan.

All this IMO was achieved with the fab 4 playing. The day the future of Indian cricket achieves as many brilliant results I will stand up and applaud for them.

Anything else, is pointless arguing with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Even in T20 why India went on to win was due to the fact that they didn't lose too many early wickets and that allowed the later half of the batting line up to open up their arms freely.
I had mentioned this as well. But no one seemed to have taken notice of it.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th October 2007 at 13:16.
Old 9th October 2007, 13:20   #1770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't go by what the media says or don't say as the Media is full of **** these days and they would say or do anything to get viewers to listen to them and only those who have no clue about how it feels to be oput there playing listen in and make judgements .
Tendjewberrymud. But then it looks like there's no escaping the media here in TBHP either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks