Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 13:12   #1891
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
atleast let's close the poll and not embarass ourselves
Wats so embarassing .... ????

As for snow preictions -- higher reaches of Himachal are expected to have snow around 2 o clock in the afternoon followed by blizzards -- do you think the cold icy winds cud reach Baroda ?
Old 11th October 2007, 13:13   #1892
BANNED

Hey, if somebody needs a demo of blind love for a hero, this is it. Sachin was in good touch, stroking the ball nicely. Rest of the batsman were out of touch today. 5 down, Pathan holding one end nicely. So what does Sachin do? Instead of putting his head into building a partnership and give India the good score (like Australians have done it many times in the past), he loses his concentration & just perishes. Doesn't he not want to follow the Australian way? Instead of pointing this out, you criticize the batmen who are out
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
This is where Australians are to be credited. Inspite of losing quick wickets (in earlier matches) they always had someone who held up one end while at the other we had aggressive batting without losing any wickets. Sadly, this bit of common sense doesn't apply to Yuvraj, Dhoni, Uthappa in particular.
Its a mystery why Sachin always receives a special one and others receive ordinary ones. I am sure Brett Lee invented this type of delivery 10 years ago but he found the occasion today to use it
Quote:
I will tell you what the pitch was like. ONLY two batsmen got out to good deliveries. One was Dravid, swinging quick ball bang on the stumps first up (with feet not moving well). Second one is that Sachin got as surprise has already described.
Old 11th October 2007, 13:46   #1893
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who wants to see COMMON SENSE cricket better grab a chair and sit in front of the TV and watch the Australian chase.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:02   #1894
Senior - BHPian

So how many overs will the Aussies take ? Any guesses ?

I am settling for 23 overs and the match is finito.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:03   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Its a mystery why Sachin always receives a special one and others receive ordinary ones. I am sure Brett Lee invented this type of delivery 10 years ago but he found the occasion today to use it

simple reason mate! the ordinary ones are just not good enough to get him out!
Old 11th October 2007, 14:05   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
So how many overs will the Aussies take ? Any guesses ?

I am settling for 23 overs and the match is finito.
If Gilchrist has his way it would be probably be 20 overs or so... Boy! is he exploding!
Old 11th October 2007, 14:05   #1897
BANNED

And where do the bowlers manufacture those special ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
simple reason mate! the ordinary ones are just not good enough to get him out!
Old 11th October 2007, 14:07   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
And where do the bowlers manufacture those special ones
I let that pass

Anyways what kinda poll is that? It is missing an option. Emphatic No..
Old 11th October 2007, 14:15   #1899
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Nc, I can't remember who said Dhoni was the best captain we could have when I pointed out quite the opposite. Honestly! Was it you? *confused*. Or someone else?

Diabloo, time and time again you prove to me your lack of understanding the game. It was a "good" ball that got Sachin out. While I am sure the rest of wickets are self explanatory. Also please look into the replays of the previous matches and you will see that not one set batsmen in the Australian camp got such a delivery from the Indian bowlers mid-innings or while they were consolidating. Blame our bowlers for not doing a Bret Lee. And this is not blind love, but common sense..... You get a good ball, even a set batsmen can get out. No prizes to guess that.

I guess I should ignore your silly comments. So kindly do me a favour and don't quote my comments in future. You will be wasting your time as I don't intend to reply to them from now on.

I don't know how many of you find this weird. But when the opposition has just shown you what a swinging ball can do, why would you want to start with a spinner? Besides the fact, I was quite worried to see that neither Zaheer or RP are able to get "any" swing with the new ball while the Aussies were darting the ball around. I wonder why?

NC, the Aussies are indeed chasing with common sense. But I wonder if this tactic of starting off with a spinner is such a good idea after all. Remember, when the ball is hard it comes onto the bat much easier. Which makes playing easy. But once the spinners come on with a softer ball it makes it that much more "harder" to hit. Also the ball "grips" the surface better.

If you notice Bhajji's bowling, most of the ***** were pitching around leg and spinning outside off stump. Both the openers were glad to leave the ball and play the waiting game. I wonder how they would have played with ***** being targeted at the stumps by the quickies and some swing added to it. Point here is they "have to play" than leave ***** like they were with Bhajji & Karthik. And with Bhajji bowling that line, you immediately cut the LBW element out of the game to the left handers.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 11th October 2007 at 14:18.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:29   #1900
BANNED

Hey McL, I too found that odd. If you want wickets early then it will be from the seamers. May be Dhoni gave up on the match & threw the ball to Harbhajan.
Quote:
I don't know how many of you find this weird. But when the opposition has just shown you what a swinging ball can do, why would you want to start with a spinner? Besides the fact, I was quite worried to see that neither Zaheer or RP are able to get "any" swing with the new ball while the Aussies were darting the ball around. I wonder why?
Old 11th October 2007, 14:33   #1901
Senior - BHPian

Agree with the spinner bowling with the new ball but then this wicket must be a slow one where the ball could be stopping (I am not watching the match) and besides getting a spinner to open is a surprise move for those initial 2-3 overs. The Aussies did not loose wickets there too - so the move did not pay off.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:35   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I should ignore your silly comments. So kindly do me a favour and don't quote my comments in future. You will be wasting your time as I don't intend to reply to them from now on.
Hey! Lets not fight here! lets start a fight thread for that

Quote:
If you notice Bhajji's bowling, most of the ***** were pitching around leg and spinning outside off stump.
Is it spinning so viciously even with the new ball?? That is surprising..

But the hard ball given to Harbhajan may have assisted him in the bounce aspect... probably a gamble by MSD that did not pay off.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:43   #1903
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Agree with the spinner bowling with the new ball but then this wicket must be a slow one where the ball could be stopping (I am not watching the match) and besides getting a spinner to open is a surprise move for those initial 2-3 overs. The Aussies did not loose wickets there too - so the move did not pay off.
Oh! I did watch the match for a while. That was till RPS failed to generate any kind of swing. The Aussie batsmen were playing the spinners like in a test match. Leaving the ***** alone, not playing at them or just defending them for singles with so many huge gaps on the leg side. I don't think they took too many risks at all till Gilchrist hit 3 6s in one over.

When you don't make the batsmen play, you obviously are not going to get wickets. The ploy might be to add pressure but chasing 149 I don't think OZ's will bother much. Plus I found it quite unacceptable to employ a line that takes a decision as important as LBW out of the equation by pitching the ball outside the leg stump.

Most baffling question is, WHY are our pace bowlers not getting any swing? When Zaheer didn't get swing in his first two overs, why wasn't he taken off and tried with RPS or Pathan? Baffling to me some of these questions are.

I think with no hopes of India to win the series now, fab 3 should sit out and watch the others fight it out. Atleast that way we will know what sort of bench strength and temperament our team has. And maybe end a few war of words here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak
Is it spinning so viciously even with the new ball?
I think the pace with which the spinners were bowling was quite easy for the batsmen to bat in as well. Yes, some ***** really spun but it was neither quick turn or slow turn but just about the right turn to make if easier for the batsmen.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 11th October 2007 at 14:48.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:49   #1904
Senior - BHPian

OT

Dhoni seems has taken a liking for Deepika Padukone. Do we see him get a medal at the Badminton WC's? Seems like these news channels have gone nuts.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 11th October 2007 at 14:51.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:50   #1905
BANNED

Good show by Australia. They bowled tight kept the noose around Indian batsmen. Fielded well, caught difficult chances. Overall a good win for them. Let us appreciate the good cricket played by Australia. Let us look forward to the next ODI on Sunday at Nagpur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks