Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2007, 17:14   #2101
Senior - BHPian

Q. How do you curb racist comments/expressions inside a cricket stadium?
A. Make it mandatory for all spectators to don monkey masks so as to hide their facial expressions and make sure his/her lip movements cannot be read/photographed.

I think this whole issue has been blown out of proportion simply because the so-called victim happens to be an aussie. The Asians have taken this sort of thing for ages without much fuss, be it from players or spectators. But the authorities deem it 'un-natural' for asians to give some of it back...be it players or spectators.

I recall a certain champion aussie fast bowler calling a dashing Lankan batsman a 'black monkey' a few years ago. oh, no action was taken...after all it was his 'natural' instinct.
Old 21st October 2007, 22:16   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
I don't think you can classify that as a dark lining .... he was jeered coz he asked for it !! And everyone knew that it was bound to happen -- blame it on the media or blame it on the players but it was called for .

If he took it in his stride .. great or else pls revert back to earlier posts where it goes to prove that Aussies can't handle it when they are at the receiving end but never have a problem when they are at the giving end .

BOOOOO SYMONDS >.......
I don't understand how Symonds 'asked for it'? Did he make rude gestures at the crowd? Or, is it because the crowd thought it could upset him as he had systematically taken apart our bowlers in the previous games?

The point i am trying to make is, you CANNOT justify such behaviour..especially racist comments. Not by Indians..not by Australians not by anybody. Period.

Oh, and theres only one way of beating Australia. It's by bringing your A game to the field, every single time. Not by trying to turn the cricket into a slanging match, which a couple of our worthies tried doing...

Well, these worthies, will surely be targetted down under. So, yes. It's going to be fun. Hopefully, they will come out stronger.
Old 22nd October 2007, 04:13   #2103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j View Post
I don't understand how Symonds 'asked for it'? Did he make rude gestures at the crowd? Or, is it because the crowd thought it could upset him as he had systematically taken apart our bowlers in the previous games?

The point i am trying to make is, you CANNOT justify such behaviour..especially racist comments. Not by Indians..not by Australians not by anybody. Period.

Oh, and theres only one way of beating Australia. It's by bringing your A game to the field, every single time. Not by trying to turn the cricket into a slanging match, which a couple of our worthies tried doing...

Well, these worthies, will surely be targetted down under. So, yes. It's going to be fun. Hopefully, they will come out stronger.
he asked for it by getting into verbal duels with the players on the field ... its bound to get the crowd into a tizzy as it was there to see for everyone !! We all know the Aussies ain't no saints on the field and play their cricket hard ... so they shudn't have started howling when they got it right back .

The best way is to get your best performance out there but then even when India was winning Symonds got BOOOOED .... also its the media thats made it a lil bigger than what it really was as they don't have anything better to do !! Im not justifying rascism in any way ... but this had nothing to do with rascism though its been given that tone .

A lot of things are said and done by both sides and its usually kept on the field and it gets the crowds involved when its highlighted by the millions of cameras on the ground . We better be prepared for BOOING from teh crowds and hope that it gets the guys to only perform better

Lets wait and see what really happens ....
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:08   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j View Post
I don't understand how Symonds 'asked for it'?

I completely agree here

The best way to win a match is to play better than your opposition which we couldn't do.

But i do feel that issue has been overblown by our media and mishandled by BCCI.

Everybody know how teams like Aus,Eng,NZ behave on cricket fields but thats their way as they have been grown in such an environment.Our elders dont grow us like this and we are always taught to respect others.

I have always supported aggression by our players but we,mainly Sreesanth certainly over did it in this series.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:28   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Andrew Symonds' face has been removed from Cricket Australia's campaign to improve crowd behaviour.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:37   #2106
Senior - BHPian

Man, what a game! Of course, towards the end I was flipping between ESPN (F1 qualifying) & Neo but it was priceless watching the Aussies getting thrashed good & proper.

By the way guys, almost two pages of post-match comments and not a single "match fixing conspiracy" theory yet, what's up????
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:56   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
I think this whole issue has been blown out of proportion simply because the so-called victim happens to be an aussie. The Asians have taken this sort of thing for ages without much fuss, be it from players or spectators. But the authorities deem it 'un-natural' for asians to give some of it back...be it players or spectators.
I agree! They get away with everything and if someone does it to them then they create such a fuss.

Late post but yes! What a match! Sublime form by the Indians and for once we outfielded the Aussies

They showed us who the One day World Champions were and we showed them who the T20 World Champions were. Even stevens!
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:36   #2108
Senior - BHPian

India v/s Pakistan

Starts 5th November 2007. 5 ODI's and 3 tests. Its all HERE
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:45   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
India v/s Pakistan

Starts 5th November 2007. 5 ODI's and 3 tests. Its all HERE
No 20-20 between these two team !!
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:50   #2110
BHPian

A personal observation:

Since I have seen the T20 world cup the One days seem to be obscenely slow to me :| Wonder if I am the only one who feels like this!
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:56   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
No 20-20 between these two team !!
Yes and Misbah is terribly happy about this.
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:37   #2112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
A personal observation:

Since I have seen the T20 world cup the One days seem to be obscenely slow to me :| Wonder if I am the only one who feels like this!
I'm with you too. T20 is more like a football match. Really fast - doesn't take the entire day.
Old 22nd October 2007, 20:08   #2113
Senior - BHPian

It is more exiting. The rsults will be out within 3 hours or may be in couple of hours. That way T20 is good. But this is only the slam & bang game.

The real test of nerves is when the team plays 50 overs / test match. We will come to know the real technique and temparment of the key players.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:08   #2114
BHPian

An excellent read on "building platforms" by one of the most admired bloggers, Prem Panicker.

http://www.prempanicker.com/index.ph...ng_a_platform/
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:38   #2115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the end of 10 overs we had made 56—that is to say, four less than a run a ball, so the ask had become +21. At the end of 20 overs, we were 105/0—that is to say, 15 under a run a ball, so the actual ask had become +32.
That is to say, at the end of the power plays—a chasing team’s best opportunity to knock decimal points off the asking rate—we had actually come within two runs of doubling the number on the other side of the plus sign.
It’s happened before, distressingly often in recent times, and how the pundits explain that is by saying we are “building a platform”; none of them explain, though, how a “platform” that makes the task harder makes sense to “build”. Sure, I understand the theory that with wickets in hand, you can make a bit of a dart at the end; what I do not get is why this scenario excludes the option of having a dart at the beginning, when the fielders are in, the ball is hard and will fly off the bat more, and the opportunities to hit over the top of the infield are multiplied. If you really think about it, this “building a platform” business we have been rabbiting on about in recent times is not carefully considered strategy, so much as an attempt to put a brave face on a bad situation. The truth is that our openers are no longer capable of playing with unbridled aggression at the top: their reflexes have slowed, forcing a change in the strokes they will attempt; that effortless ease that characterized their batting in their prime is now diluted, and they have to work much harder for their runs; and finally, aging, tired legs are no longer capable of working the singles that are the most effective weapon at the top of the order (or in fact at any point in a one day game).
Exact points which RKS had been saying right from the start.

I guess aus will go for the attack right for the first ball if they were to chase a huge total.

Being a fan of little master, these facts are blinding the - ve's
Good article

Last edited by Surprise : 23rd October 2007 at 18:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks