Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2008, 12:49   #3196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Now, how is that a victory? its just a face-saving deal for india.
No buddy, BCCI have let ICC and Cricket Australia save their faces. There is already a big hue and cry about BCCI flexing it's financial muscle and dropping of all charges will have meant complete capitulation of ICC to BCCI.

Even now, BCCI have got almost all its demands - Bucknow was removed from Perth test, Bhajji won't be banned. So its a win in all senses and BCCI now officially holds the postition in world cricket earlier held by Australia and England (their veto power days).

\N
Old 29th January 2008, 13:02   #3197
BHPian

Perth after-effects: Cricinfo - Shaun Tait quits cricket indefinitely

\N
Old 29th January 2008, 14:11   #3198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am dissapointed with the way Harbhajan bowled in this match.... he hasnt been doing well for long now and doesnt deserve a place in the playing 11, atleast in tests.
Can't believe sachin was declared the MOM... this is gross.

Really sad to see Gilchrist go.... he was a great player and an even better human being, a rare combination in competitive cricket of today.
Even Dhoni is not performing now a days. Do you want to drop him to err..from capitancy...
Old 29th January 2008, 14:18   #3199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Even Dhoni is not performing now a days. Do you want to drop him to err..from capitancy...
Well everybody knew he wont do well in Australia given he is a forceful player rather than a technical one. Do we have a better wicket keeper batsman than dhoni in one dayers? The answer is NO, so he cant be dropped.
Old 29th January 2008, 14:22   #3200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Take out the first innings score of Sachin from the total and even with Sehway heroics we would have lost the test.

It was a close call but to say that Sachin did not deserve it is a little incompetent remark. I personally believe that in these kinds of matches it is most difficult to give a MoM award. It should have been shared in my opinion as there were so many good performances.
You forgot sehwag's 60 and a couple of crucial wickets the first innings when our so called best off spinner wasnt able to make any impression on the batsmen whatsoever. Take out sehwag's score from the first inning and I am 100% sure we would have lost the match.
Old 29th January 2008, 14:29   #3201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well everybody knew he wont do well in Australia given he is a forceful player rather than a technical one. Do we have a better wicket keeper batsman than dhoni in one dayers? The answer is NO, so he cant be dropped.
Kathik can bat and keep and even field too. Too much hype is being given to Dhoni for no reason. Chalo Maana ki he has led our team in T20 wcup but it should mek him cement his place for ever in the side.

Last edited by snaronikar : 29th January 2008 at 14:31.
Old 29th January 2008, 17:12   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Yes, read it just now. This one is a shocker to say the least ! Is this signalling a downward spiral for the mighty Aussies?

India seems to have done a lot of damage, IMHO.
Old 29th January 2008, 19:28   #3203
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter note, TOI suggests that Harbhajan didn't say Monkey to Symonds, but it was 'Maa ki'

'Maa ki' or 'Monkey'-India-The Times of India

Anyone buying this argument?
Old 29th January 2008, 19:36   #3204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You forgot sehwag's 60 and a couple of crucial wickets the first innings when our so called best off spinner wasnt able to make any impression on the batsmen whatsoever. Take out sehwag's score from the first inning and I am 100% sure we would have lost the match.
Was surprised when I came to know that MoM was Sachin. My option would be Shewag with eyes closed.

He gave us a wonderful start in first innings@ 3.5+ runs per over. That removed lot of pressure and he removed Ricky. Shewag's second innings was a beauty, otherwise Iam sure we would have done a marching

It has to be for Shewag.
Old 29th January 2008, 20:11   #3205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Kathik can bat and keep and even field too. Too much hype is being given to Dhoni for no reason. Chalo Maana ki he has led our team in T20 wcup but it should mek him cement his place for ever in the side.
Dhoni and Kartik ?? Thats all ??

I feel Parthiv Patel should be in now - with the kind of awesome form he is in at the moment. If Uttappa and Rohit can get in without doing much in the domestic season - PArthiv should walk in eyes closed.

But his only fault is - he is a wicket keeper.
Old 29th January 2008, 21:31   #3206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Dhoni and Kartik ?? Thats all ??

I feel Parthiv Patel should be in now - with the kind of awesome form he is in at the moment. If Uttappa and Rohit can get in without doing much in the domestic season - PArthiv should walk in eyes closed.

But his only fault is - he is a wicket keeper.
Would be good to see Parthiv get a chance somewhere. The guy's good,no doubt.But again,too many people fighting to get on the team..
Old 30th January 2008, 11:19   #3207
Senior - BHPian

Na not interested to see parthiv in the team. It was not until Dhoni and Kartik entered the team that the void formed after the exit of nayan mongia was filled. Parthiv played in quite a few matches but was not upto the mark. We dont need someone who is average.

By the way CA had to atlast bend backwards huh!!! Great play and the way Cnn IBn explained stuff it was fun. And "teri m@@" was actually the word which was used by bhajji lol!
Old 30th January 2008, 11:34   #3208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
No buddy, BCCI have let ICC and Cricket Australia save their faces. There is already a big hue and cry about BCCI flexing it's financial muscle and dropping of all charges will have meant complete capitulation of ICC to BCCI.

Even now, BCCI have got almost all its demands - Bucknow was removed from Perth test, Bhajji won't be banned. So its a win in all senses and BCCI now officially holds the postition in world cricket earlier held by Australia and England (their veto power days).

\N
Ponting's men fume at ban lift - Cricket - Sport - theage.com.au

ICC hit for six as India show who's running game - Cricket - Sport - smh.com.au

Cricket caves in to India's demands | The Australian

Last edited by ntomer : 30th January 2008 at 11:40.
Old 30th January 2008, 11:57   #3209
BANNED

Even Sachin expalined that what Bhajji said was Maa Ki.........sheer madness man. Imagine explaining Maa Ki to the goras...... Ha ha. I am sure sachin must have ahad a good laugh.

Judge: What did he say?
Sachin: Teri Maa Ki...(has a wry smile)
Judge: What does that mean?
Sachin: Abey Teri Maa Ki.......(Bhajji is rolling on the floor by now)
Judge: I am sorry Sachin but i am not able to understand what that means.
Sachin: Abe Teri Maa Ki saale....teri maa ki....
Judge: Harbhajan could you stop rolling around on the ground please.
Harbahajan: Sir, I am extremely sorry but Teri Maa Ki.......(again starts rolling on the floor)
Judge(Now getting upset): Sachin and Harbhajan please explain to me. Ponting can yo utry and ask them?
Ponting: Sachin?
Sachin: Teri Maa Ki Ponting.........ha ha ha ha
Sachin: sorry guys,could not control that, Teri Maa Ki means your mother as in your mother is......sorry i cant say that but its a bad word.
Judge: Ok then we reduce the sentence and take away 50% of Harbhajan's match fees.

Sachin to Bhajji:(Coming Out) Arre yaar, i have never laughed so much in my life i will pay you for what you lost, mujhe MOM mein bahot paiasa milla hai. Thanks yaar.

Sachin and Bhajji: ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 30th January 2008, 12:01   #3210
Team-BHP Support

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Goooood ROFL

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks