Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 10:37   #3361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Where? Which mass? How did you hear the mass?
TV news channels & Daily news papers, my dear friend.
Old 11th February 2008, 10:54   #3362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
However, please remember that the debate about the "seniors" & "juniors" was all about the two or three that were picked in place of Dravid & Ganguly - so far, I haven't really seen them perform. Maybe the guys who are euphoric about the "juniors" have. Lol
Hai,
Dravid and Ganguly were replaced by Rohit sharma and Gambhir in the team.Isn't it?
They both have done resonably well so far.Gambhir scored that century against Srilanka and Rohit stayed till the end y'day.They both played well even against the Aussies at Brisbane.So can you please explain why you said so?
Old 11th February 2008, 11:01   #3363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Hai,
Dravid and Ganguly were replaced by Rohit sharma and Gambhir in the team.Isn't it?
They both have done resonably well so far.Gambhir scored that century against Srilanka and Rohit stayed till the end y'day.They both played well even against the Aussies at Brisbane.So can you please explain why you said so?
It depends on how you look at it; these are the freshers in Australia - Suresh Raina, Manoj Tiwari, Rohit Sharma, Robin Uthapa & Gautam Gambhir. Of this lot, Raina (at that point touted to be Ganguly's replacement) hasn't even got a look in & is yet untested. Sharma & Gambhir have played reasonably OK. The less said about Uthapa (and Tiwari) at this point in time, the better.

Gambhir would have been in even if Dravid & Ganguly were part of the fifteen

Last edited by suman : 11th February 2008 at 11:02.
Old 11th February 2008, 11:52   #3364
BANNED

Then please ask TV News channels, daily news papers, why Sachin, who is GoD, didn't walk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
TV news channels & Daily news papers, my dear friend.
Old 11th February 2008, 11:58   #3365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Then please ask TV News channels, daily news papers, why Sachin, who is GoD, didn't walk?
If I can, I would have definately done it. But its a waste of time as far as I'am concerned. You asked it and I have replied to it. That's it.
Old 11th February 2008, 13:36   #3366
Senior - BHPian

Hey diabloo and snaronikar ,

Guys this a cricket thread and it's better we stick to discussing cricket. Of course there will be differences in opinion and that is the fun part but talking about temples and blessings from SRT is way OT
Old 11th February 2008, 13:39   #3367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Hey diabloo and snaronikar ,

Guys this a cricket thread and it's better we stick to discussing cricket. Of course there will be differences in opinion and that is the fun part but talking about temples and blessings from SRT is way OT
Point noted. Thanks for the same.
Old 11th February 2008, 14:02   #3368
BHPian

Prem Panicker on the dent that SRT took on his credibility yesterday:

Quote:
On another note, not so long ago, we were as a collective hugely indignant over perceived honesty, or its lack. How, we asked (and I include myself in that list) do we trust a putative captain who claims catches he couldn’t be sure of, or stands hoping for a reprieve after under-edging to the slips? How do we trust the word of a captain who clearly grasses a catch he then vociferously claims, and later the same evening suggests that his integrity is unimpeachable? How much faith do we put in the word of an all-rounder who wafts at a ball outside off stump, gets an edge so clear the sound is almost deafening, stands at the wicket in po-faced innocence, celebrates his reprieve with a match-turning century and then says he knew he was out all along?

Valid questions, all—but to that, here is one more: Will we now employ that same argument when judging the credibility of Sachin Tendulkar, whose edge yesterday was as audible as Symonds’, and whose expression of innocence equally worthy of high honors at the Oscars? Or do we turn the tap of our “righteous indignation” on and off, depending on whether the umpires rob us, or them? Is this like the wit’s definition of ‘irregular verbs’: My son is exuberant, hyperactive, full of life; yours is a noisy, destructive, insufferable brat who needs a clout on the side of the head?
Read the full article here:
Smoke Signals
Old 11th February 2008, 14:13   #3369
Senior - BHPian

Well when symonds and ponting stand ground and clarke can stand and stare even thgough the ball was going to the second slip unless the bowler was spinnin the balll twice the amt done by warne why can humara tendlia do the same...after all rudi belongs to the ELITE panel
Old 11th February 2008, 15:15   #3370
BHPian

Quote:
Prem Panicker on the dent that SRT took on his credibility yesterday
You mean the same Prem Panicker who came out with ridiculous statement in the aftermath of BHajji racism case that Indians are willing to take oath on Kuran, Gita and Bible in vouchig for Sachin's truthfulness?

I can understand a fan on the street taking extreme positions. But what does one do when someone like Panicker indulges in such things?

As for Sachin, in my eyes, his credibility took a severe beating the day he defended Harbhajan Singh over the Monkey/Maaki remarks
Old 11th February 2008, 15:19   #3371
Senior - BHPian

'Walking' totally depends on the individual. People say Gilchrist walks but I remember a situation where he did not walk and had a significant contribution to victory.

I do not see any reason why Sachin should have walked ! The umpires are there to make decisions right ? At least he did not go and announce in the press that he was out, taking away some credibilty of the umpire.

On a lighter note - Maybe Sachin did not have his fill of Johnnie Walker, so he did not walk.
Old 11th February 2008, 16:03   #3372
Senior - BHPian

Sachins name is credible enough and never took a beating. Its only in the eyes of the ozzies that sachin is not trustworthy. Our country believes in what he says and no wonder MRF had good sales for sometime.cheers:

Well Gilly is known to walk but that does not mean that all should follow suit. I remember one cricketer who told the umpires people here came to watch me bat and not you raise your finger.
Well it all depends on how you look at it. We want our team to perform well and at any cost as we learnt the same from the aussies who want a victory at any cost. Even their manager Stevie believes in the same.
Hope ishant sharma remains calm and concentrate on his fitness as usually bowlers in India are constantly getting cramps or back injuries and no wonder how famous you are once you are rested there can be a chance that you are never taken back.
Old 11th February 2008, 19:53   #3373
BANNED

What about The Palio ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Sachins name is credible enough and never took a beating. Its only in the eyes of the ozzies that sachin is not trustworthy. Our country believes in what he says and no wonder MRF had good sales for sometime.cheers:
Old 12th February 2008, 10:14   #3374
BANNED

Yet another tremendous batting display by 'Team Young India' . This is the kind of batting expected by all, but what people want here - batting with walking stick .
Old 12th February 2008, 10:45   #3375
Senior - BHPian

Very good effort by the young guns. Again it was the young seniors, Sehwag and Yuvraj (I give him the benefit of doubt considering the situation he walked into) failed.

Sachin was going well without any actual effort until he played that ABSOLUTELY Un-neccesary shot.

Now its started to rain. Lets wait and watch what figure Messers D&L come up with after it has stopped raining.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks