Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Come on, its only a game

Law of averages & all that you know
Old 12th February 2008, 13:04   #3392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
How about getting Manoj Prabhakar to bowl ?
I hope you know that Manoj Prabhakar is the guy who got Ishaant to swing the ball.
Old 12th February 2008, 17:57   #3393
Senior - BHPian

Well i didnt watch the match but they could have rather played a 20 20 match than a full length one though they knew its goin to rain. Well if they didnt have dancers they could have made ponting and co do a cha cha cha.
This match was not good. One team plays calm the other one can bat lik a pshyco. Not right.
Well the team is experimenting too much by making robin look lik a tail and also making a chicken like pathan to think he can bat like a tiger. common we have seen him screw up once and why do u want it to happen again
Old 12th February 2008, 18:34   #3394
BANNED

Dhoni blames revised target for defeat

Dhoni blames revised target for defeat
Quote:
"If you are chasing 154 [instead of 196] your approach changes a lot. A team can keep only two fielders in catching position and you can't save the boundaries," Dhoni said after the match.

Dhoni said it was not that Indian bowling was below-par, but the Sri Lankans took risks and were successful.

"It wasn't an easy ground to field to. The field was wet and it was difficult to move on. Having said so, I think we still need to put up a better show in the field," he added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
This match was not good. One team plays calm the other one can bat lik a pshyco. Not right.
Quote:
India played a 30 over game. Sri Lanka played a 20 over game.
Old 12th February 2008, 20:19   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I hope you know that Manoj Prabhakar is the guy who got Ishaant to swing the ball.
What??? I thought he was absconding due to some fraud case...

Quote:
Fair enough. Suddenly SL had 20 over with all of 10 wickets.
But i thought each team has to play at least 25 overs...
Old 12th February 2008, 20:24   #3396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
What??? I thought he was absconding due to some fraud case...
He is the bowling coach for the Delhi ranji trophy team. He took Ishant under his wings and made him learn how to swing the ball. That was what I read somewhere .
Old 12th February 2008, 20:48   #3397
BHPian

History suggests that India never plays rain curtailed matches that well.Teams like Aus/NZ consistently score over 210-230 but India has hardly scored over 200 in the past and matters got complicated with further rain though with the start SL got they could have easily reached 190.

But had India knew before match that it will be 20-20 then they could have started hitting the ball right from 1st over.And they probably wasted too many overs initially and really dint up the pace in middle overs thoguh they got 60odd in last 6 overs.They also should have gone with 5 bowlers in short match.

In the end SL still did pretty well restricting India below 200 in 29 overs and later Dhoni's poor captaincy by not keeping the extra field inside the circle and asking sachin/sehwag to bowl to open field when they needed just a run per ball dint help either.

In the end 150odd from 21 overs is not a threatening target these days.
Old 12th February 2008, 21:21   #3398
Senior - BHPian

I watched India bat,and I feel we could have gone past 200 quite easily,if the momentum started by Tendulkar & Sehwag had been maintained.

And what is Sreesanth doing in the team? 3 Overs, 48 runs?
I don't think there's a shortage of good bowlers in India.About time we got much better replacements!
Old 13th February 2008, 08:40   #3399
Senior - BHPian

I thought sreesanth bowled beautifully against australia, he will come back.
Old 13th February 2008, 09:58   #3400
BANNED

Did Sreesanth cry after Lanka ODI?
Quote:
after being at the receiving end of Sanath Jayasuriya's fury, he broke down in the dressing room at the Manuka Oval in Tuesday evening.
Quote:
At times, when he doesn't do well, he drops tears," said a source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I thought sreesanth bowled beautifully against australia, he will come back.
Old 14th February 2008, 22:02   #3401
Senior - BHPian

Another story!

Shoaib Akhtar faces life ban: Sources
PTI

KARACHI, February 14: Controversial fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar faces a life ban following his latest outburst which evoked anger among top officials of the Pakistan Cricket Board.

"This time he has gone too far. We had already issued a notice to him to explain his earlier statements against the policies of the Board. Now he will face more punitive action," a senior PCB official said on condition of anonymity.

He made it clear that in the next few days, the Board will decide on banning Akhtar from the ongoing Pentangular Cup.

Akhtar had described the tournament as Grade 'B' cricket and lashed out at the Board for providing dead Kookaburra ***** and a flat pitch for the Federal Areas match against Punjab.

The official said Akhtar was already under a one-year probation period during which, if he indulged in any misconduct, he could face an automatic life ban.

"Even if he is not contracted to us, there are certain playing conditions for the Pentangular Cup and also in the Board constitution which don't permit players to make such controversial and wrong statements," the official explained.

Leading the Federal Areas team, Akhtar went wicketless in 18 overs in a high-scoring drawn match.

He also dared the Board to issue a show cause notice to him over his statements insisting he was no longer contracted to them.

Sources close to the maverick fast bowler say he had been consulting his legal experts to take the Board head on if they decide to push ahead with their decision to initiate disciplinary proceedings against him.

They said Akhtar was fed up with the attitude of some Board officials and had been in secret talks with the rebel Indian Cricket League in case the PCB stops him from playing in the Indian Premier League.

"As far as Shoaib is concerned, it is all out war now," a source said.

Source: Indiatimes.com
Old 14th February 2008, 22:09   #3402
BANNED

Cricinfo - Ponting worried about 'dangers' of IPL lure
Quote:
Ponting told AAP, "If a guy is approaching the end of his international career anyway, and being able to play 44 days and stay in one form of the game I'm sure is very attractive. "

"Particularly if they have families and they are getting a bit sick and tired of the travel you do with international cricket, I am sure that is appealing to some. There are some programming issues the ICC and the boards are going to have to look at, maybe carving out a window each year where this tournament can sit in."

"Unless some time is given up then we might start losing the 33-, 34-year-old players from international cricket," Ponting said.
Throughout his career, Gilchrist's timing has been impeccable. Nothing better timed than his retirement, subsequently a place in IPL and a healthy balance in his savings account !!!
Old 15th February 2008, 08:57   #3403
BHPian

Hypocrisy?

On IPL, CA, ICC and its FTP etc:

Quote:
There is one story I don’t see anyone writing, though—nothing, nada, not a word on how India with its money power is corrupting international cricket, a theme that not so long ago sent large sections of the international media into a collective frenzy. What—here you have players scrambling in increasingly undignified fashion to pocket a few dollars more; you have an Indian board official throwing out ultimatums and tacitly encouraging Australian players to revolt, and telling them they don’t need an NOC from CA to come play in the league, and CA takes that with a nod and a smile; you have the supposedly sacrosanct Future Tours Program being reconfigured to suit a private league; you have the ICC not merely accepting these changes but seemingly embracing them with a smile (or smirk, if rumors that the IPL is striking a financial deal with the ICC so the latter will rejig the calendar to suit the IPL is true); you have all this and more happening simply because a private league in India is putting some dollars on the table, and not one single, solitary yip from the media about money trumping the larger cricketing interests?
Quote:
Surely, however, media persons who get into a froth when a badly run Test match or injudiciously conducted player inquiry draws protests from the BCCI could be expected to be just a touch indignant over a private league that, at the time of its founding, was supposed to work as an adjunct to international cricket and is now threatening to subvert the ICC’s international calendar to its own ends?
Read the full article from Prem Panicker here:
Smoke Signals
Old 15th February 2008, 19:19   #3404
BANNED

Cheaters strike again

Well the scorecard reads, LPC Silva c Symonds b Bracken
Old 15th February 2008, 20:18   #3405
BHPian

Quote:
Cheaters strike again

YouTube - Symonds Cheats Again?

Well the scorecard reads, LPC Silva c Symonds b Bracken

yes,he did it again.I saw it live on TV.Field Umpire should have gone to 3rd umpire or 3rd should have intervened when he had seen the replay while batsman was still on the way to dressing room.

If Rashid Latif can be charged with cheating by claiming a false catch then why not Symonds??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks