Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 17:42   #3676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Why is dhoni/indian team trying to be good fellows? They say we will sledge but at same time they are trying to be nice...

my suggestion to dhoni would be...as soon as an aussie opens his s**t-filled mouth, lodge a complaint. and then sledge their wives hard..
The very fact that Aussies are targetting Ishant Sharma and Bhajji - two of the better performers from India this series - shows that they too are rattled.

I may in minority here, but IMO, the best thing to do is to beat the Aussies by a thumping margin in the finals. There can not be any better 'sledge' than that.

Remember, many fans advocated that Indian team should return home after the Sydney test fiasco. Instead, they replied in the best possible manner by beating Australia at Perth.

As for sledging itself, it is not as if Indians don't indulge in it. But as as Dhoni said, we still a bit amatuerish in doing so. We need to learn the nuances of sledging. We need to do it subtly with a drop dead expression and without any overt bodily gestures.

So until we employ an Aussie coach for sledging and are fully adept at it, it would be nothing short of foolishness to try and match the Australians in the verbal bout. We don't want to play right into their hands, do we?
Old 27th February 2008, 17:47   #3677
Senior - BHPian

I think it is high time India appoint a coach for sledging.

We have bowling and fielding coaches, why not add one more? The list becomes complete.
Old 27th February 2008, 18:00   #3678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
The very fact that Aussies are targetting Ishant Sharma and Bhajji - two of the better performers from India this series - shows that they too are rattled.
Of course they are - as usual, the mindgames have started just before the finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I think it is high time India appoint a coach for sledging.
We have one - Gary Kirsten
Old 27th February 2008, 18:59   #3679
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

VVS is the only person who has refused to be the icon for his team thereby shunning a few crores, i still think his integrity is intact.
Now that you have pointed it out, what is VVS doing in a 20-20 match? is BCCI insane? here is a guy who cannot even get in one-day team...whats he gonna do in a 20-20 match? Score 40 in 20 overs?

Last edited by LLL : 27th February 2008 at 19:01.
Old 27th February 2008, 19:26   #3680
BANNED

Quote:
Now that you have pointed it out, what is VVS doing in a 20-20 match? is BCCI insane? here is a guy who cannot even get in one-day team...whats he gonna do in a 20-20 match? Score 40 in 20 overs?
Bigger joke of IPL: Laxman plays T20
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Joke of IPL: Dravid plays T20
Old 27th February 2008, 19:28   #3681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VVS is the only person who has refused to be the icon for his team thereby shunning a few crores, i still think his integrity is intact.
So that absolves him of supporting Symonds who abused his team mates ? On the other hand by shunning a few crores he made sure his team could pick up some players who can help his team in the T-20 format
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
We have one - Gary Kirsten
No we have the best SHANE WARNE - The Jaipur team will surely learn a lot from him
Quote:
what is VVS doing in a 20-20 match? is BCCI insane? here is a guy who cannot even get in one-day team...whats he gonna do in a 20-20 match? Score 40 in 20 overs?
Well he is going to prove that he can run as fast as the younger players and field as well as them and that deserves a place in the ODI team over the talented younger players.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 27th February 2008 at 22:54.
Old 27th February 2008, 19:31   #3682
BANNED

Rain intervened in the kids match. 7 overs & 14 runs cutoff from NZ total . So the target is 191 in 43 overs. But now only 14 runs to get with 5 wickets and 23 deliveries remaining .
Quote:
Meanwhile, please turn on Star Cricket, because, Cricinfo - Semi-Final: India Under-19s v New Zealand Under-19s at Kuala Lumpur, Feb 27, 2008 and NZ 148/6 in 42 Overs .
Old 27th February 2008, 19:33   #3683
Senior - BHPian

Well its to attain a sense of balance. After all Blr needs some sort of competition as they are a test side. Well Laxman as i heard has got a big fan following in Hyd so it makes sense having him there.
Old 27th February 2008, 19:34   #3684
Senior - BHPian

Well even the U-19 fellows have learnt have to make a small total very difficult to chase. Its 11 of 21 deliveries and 4 wickets remaining.

I have my fingers crossed.
Old 27th February 2008, 19:49   #3685
BANNED

Match over. India in finals.
Old 27th February 2008, 21:36   #3686
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Well he is going to prove that he can run as fast as the younger players and field as well as them and that deserves a place in the ODI team over the talented younger players.
LOL....even when he was young, he was known only as the greatest slip fielder of this era. In terms of running between the wkts, his skills are legendary

in IPL, Lets see whether symonds only sledges his opponents or everyone...maybe he will sledge laxman as well...

and will ponting and symmonds sledge each other when they play against each other?
Old 27th February 2008, 21:56   #3687
BHPian

Quote:
Bigger joke of IPL: Laxman plays T20

yeah.....his running b/w wickets skill will be obvious to everyone now.I am keenly waiting to see that.
he still is very very special test batsman though,not sure why he has not announced his retirement from one-day format.
Old 27th February 2008, 22:23   #3688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post

As for sledging itself, it is not as if Indians don't indulge in it. But as as Dhoni said, we still a bit amatuerish in doing so. We need to learn the nuances of sledging. We need to do it subtly with a drop dead expression and without any overt bodily gestures.

So until we employ an Aussie coach for sledging and are fully adept at it, it would be nothing short of foolishness to try and match the Australians in the verbal bout. We don't want to play right into their hands, do we?
rightly said CaAT. Just like we took some time to develop world class players, we will take some time to develop world class sledgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
So that absolves him of supporting Symonds who abused his team mates ? On the other hand by shunning a few crores he made sure his team could pick up some players who can help his team in the T-20 format
I am not Laxman's advocate, but i am a staunch supporter of the principled life that he & dravid live in this commercial world. Trust me, it is very hard to find such people in any walk of life.

I think Dhoni has the most mature head in this country, he has understood the meaning of 'sledging' while everyone has started to take it too personal.
Old 27th February 2008, 22:53   #3689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not Laxman's advocate, but i am a staunch supporter of the principled life that he & dravid live in this commercial world. Trust me, it is very hard to find such people in any walk of life.
EL,

Principled life - so he can support (on national televison) the VERY player of another country who abused his own team-mates because his employers spent crores of rupees for that cheating sledger ?

Well - I for one cannot digest that.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 27th February 2008 at 22:57.
Old 27th February 2008, 23:16   #3690
BANNED

Aussies are leaving no stone unturned to ensure Indians are demoralized before the finals . What do you say for this - Dhoni's gloves ruled illegal. But, Dhoni's keeping gloves legal, insist makers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks