Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 11:49   #481
Senior - BHPian

rks, i follow one of the big B's religiously whether he delivers or not. i was under the impression that there is no one yet in the bench to replace even with his current capability. now its a sort of why not try different combination

i was sort of reading that you rush back home to see him batting then. now just opposite citing every other mistake during his innings.

yeah, i could see/read articles reflecting your thoughts.
Old 24th August 2007, 12:45   #482
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
i was sort of reading that you rush back home to see him batting then. now just opposite citing every other mistake during his innings.
It is just that seeing the careers of players like Kaif, Yuvraj and Pathan destroyed makes me feel very sad. They should have been an automatic choice in both Test and one-day squads. Why does Sachin hang on at the expense of younger, fitter, better players? I was indeed a big fan of Sachin once upon a time. But now I feel that he is competing with the younger players and using his clout, rather than performances, to muscle them out of the team. What is his motivation? Looks like he wants to be another Lata Mangeshkar, breaking record after record (never mind the hoarse voice).

The one-day game is really demanding and our batsmen should aim for at least a run a ball if they have to compete with teams like England, SA or Australia. But our "Fab 3' (Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid) do not seem to be aiming that high and expect the young guns to make up for their slowness. Looks like the side is packed with batsmen mainly to cover up for the slowness of Tendulkar and Co. To be fair to Ganguly he has done well in Tests so far after his recall. I don't think his one-day performances have been as consistent, at least with respect to run rate.
Old 24th August 2007, 19:57   #483
Senior - BHPian

read it to be good batting wicket. sachin and ganguly needs to accelerate esp ganguly
Old 24th August 2007, 21:29   #484
Senior - BHPian

Tendulkar & now even Yuvraj are hammering the bowlers around the park. Not bad!
Old 24th August 2007, 21:54   #485
Senior - BHPian

sachin out for 99. controversial decision?????

Flintoff to Tendulkar, OUT, Would you believe it? Tendulkar has gone for 99. Done in by a screamer of a bouncer. It kicked up from short of length and reared shoulder high. Tendulkar tried to fend it away, got his hands in front of his face and the ball seemed to have gone off his arm guard -- though no conclusive evidence was available from television replays --- down the leg side for Prior to take it. They let out a huge appeal and the fatal finger goes up. Tendulkar looks bemused. A wry grin, a shake of head and he walks back. Did it brush the gloves? The replays don't confirm or deny that.

Last edited by Surprise : 24th August 2007 at 21:58.
Old 24th August 2007, 21:55   #486
Senior - BHPian

Yup, umpires wrong again. Guys got some real bad luck.
Old 24th August 2007, 22:11   #487
Senior - BHPian

Any one got idea of max.no.of times an individual player getting dismissed on 99?

This seems to be very smaller ground & good batting track. looks like 325+ is required
Old 24th August 2007, 23:28   #488
rks
BANNED

Did not watch the game as I was driving to Mumbai. Good that India played 5 bowlers. As noted by Surprise, this is a small ground with a fast outfield, the pitch is full of runs and the weather is sunny. India will have to bowl well to win. I think it was Dravid's innings that was pivotal. That is what is expected on this ground, under these conditions. As per the groundsman, this is a "300 wicket". The extra 30 runs we got were due to Dravid.

England's bowling looked ragged, with Tremlett, Mascarenhas and Bopara getting carted around. These guys are not experienced enough to bowl under these conditions. Flintoff was outstanding. Sachin and Karthik got bad decisions, yet again.

Hope to see an exciting contest and an Indian win.

Last edited by rks : 24th August 2007 at 23:35.
Old 24th August 2007, 23:35   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yup, umpires wrong again. Guys got some real bad luck.
yeah, felt very sorry for him. This was a characterisitic, if not typical tendulkar innings with attacking shots from the very beginning, he deserved a 100 today more than any other day.

England are never gonna get this score unless our match losing bowler mr.agarkar decides to give it to them.
Old 25th August 2007, 00:17   #490
Senior - BHPian

Well Agarkar tried his best to give the match to England in the first few overs but Munaf Patel has just taken two wickets in two ***** & that too of both the settled openers. Who would have thought Munaf would do that!
Old 25th August 2007, 00:48   #491
rks
BANNED

Unfortunately Agarkar is very inconsistent with his bowling. He bowls brilliantly in one game and gets hit all over the park in the next. He has not batted up to his potential either. Munaf has the guts and the big match temperament. I knew he would do well and have always backed him.

India desperately need more wickets. If guys like Bell and especially Pietersen and Flintoff stay for any length of time on this pitch, the match is as good as over for India. And Collingwood is no mug with the bat either.

Can India afford to send Karthik at such a low spot in the batting order? His fast scoring was badly needed at the top of the batting order. I feel he should open the batting.
Old 25th August 2007, 01:27   #492
Senior - BHPian

Pietersen bowled by a brilliant delivery from Chawla! Can we still win this game? Let's hope so!!
Old 25th August 2007, 02:38   #493
rks
BANNED

India is now coasting to a win. Magnificent bowling by Chawla, Powar and Munaf. The five-bowler policy has paid off handsomely. Let us hope that the team management has got some sense knocked into it by this experience. But one should not get carried away. The pitch and conditions suited us here, whereas they emphatically favoured England in the first game. Subsequent matches may be played in more seamer-friendly conditions, which would make life difficult for us. Zaheer ought to come back in Agarkar's place, in order tio strengthen our seam attack.
Old 25th August 2007, 10:19   #494
rks
BANNED

Phew! It was much closer than anticipated, just 9 runs separated the teams. England made a fatal error by dropping Panesar and picking Tremlett. That made the difference between victory and defeat for them. They probably thought that on this small ground and benign pitch, Panesar will get carted around for 4's and 6's. But he is accurate and may have taken wickets, like our spinners. Today Dravid and Powar made all the difference. Powar was very accurate and conceded only 43 runs in 10 overs, and also got a wicket. That is a match-winning performance on this ground.
Old 25th August 2007, 11:54   #495
Senior - BHPian

Yes man - it was CLOSE but what the heck - WE WON !! YAAAYYYYYY

Ganguly and Sachin were slow in the 1st power play.
Agarkar should always bowl 1st change. I feel that he bowls well at 1st change.
5 bowler policy is a must.
Karthick should bat at No. 1 or 2. Ganguly 1 down. Yuvraj 3 down.
FIELDING NEEDS STRONG IMPROVEMENT - dont know what Robin Singh is doing.
Also Powar bowled nicely, looping and flighting on a small ground.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks