Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 16:38   #5176
Senior - BHPian

I watched the match till 6 today, was awesome in the morning session to watch our pacers (Zaheer & Ishant in particular) make the ball talk & did they have some success or what! Seems like the pitch really eased out after lunch.
Old 18th March 2009, 16:45   #5177
BHPian

Hey guys, in company offices all routine cricket websites are blocked.

So, if you can suggest some odd named websites than we can have a luxury of seeing the latest scores.
Old 18th March 2009, 20:34   #5178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post

So, if you can suggest some odd named websites than we can have a luxury of seeing the latest scores.
try google.co.in/ig

on the left pan they show cricket scores. All the best.
Old 18th March 2009, 21:50   #5179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Even cricinfo?

I'm amazed at how Ryder & Vettori kept on going.None of our bowlers were able to stop them.Putting on more than 200 runs,they brought the total upto a respectable number.If they had been taken out early,NZ would have ended with a total score under 100 runs.
Old 19th March 2009, 11:22   #5180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
try google.co.in/ig

on the left pan they show cricket scores. All the best.
Quote:

In my office too most of the sports websites have been blocked
you can go with this site
Manorama Online Home
it gives ball by ball update (Not to worry even if the website is malayalam one, but cricket is in English, Even i too don't know malayalam language)
Old 19th March 2009, 11:28   #5181
BANNED

If messenger is allowed, add 'instacricket@askme.im' as friend. When you ask for score, you will get the score.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:07   #5182
BHPian

Thanks guys.

I think this is (blocked sites) is a common problem with all of us.

This discussion will be of immense help!!

Feeling pity for Poor Websense guys
Old 20th March 2009, 12:28   #5183
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation Sachin tendular on your 42nd test century.
Scores
NZ 1st innings - 279/10
IND -520/10
NZ 2nd Innings 75/3 and still trail by 166 Runs
India can definetely win this test . 2 more days of cricket still left
Old 20th March 2009, 12:31   #5184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
NZ 2nd Innings 75/3
WOW... Nice.

I watched till 1 wicket was down.

This is ours for the taking.
Old 20th March 2009, 12:35   #5185
BANNED

Good innings. With Ponting on his back, Tendulkar needed this desperately. And what a way to get out. At first I thought Munaf Patel has got into a tangle and has poked at the short ball. But it was Tendulkar.

Also, did 9 off 11 Indian batsmen got off mark with a boundary? If so thats remarkable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Congratulation Sachin tendular on your 42nd test century.
Old 20th March 2009, 21:01   #5186
BHPian

Today Zaheer was left stranded .... The way he was carrying his luck, he could have scored a century ...

NZ fielding was horrible today ...
Old 20th March 2009, 21:32   #5187
Senior - BHPian

Sachin d gr8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Good innings. With Ponting on his back, Tendulkar needed this desperately. And what a way to get out. At first I thought Munaf Patel has got into a tangle and has poked at the short ball. But it was Tendulkar.

Also, did 9 off 11 Indian batsmen got off mark with a boundary? If so thats remarkable.
i was among the few lucky ones to see his innings(yes i stay awake all night to see him bat), awesome is the word to describe the way he paces his innings and is not disturbed by anything or anyone.
Mark my words Diabloo ponting can never break his records and in fact i dont see anyone doing it for decades.

He is truly the greatest batsman of any generation. Take a bow

Now for the match, If india doesnt wins from here they should dig a hole and bury themselves. 2 days - 7 wickets to pocket and 10 wickets to score the runs(only if NZ is able to give a target) the match should be ours.
And if we win this one we have 99% chances of winning first series in NZ (am i seeing MS dhoni grinning in his sleep)
Old 21st March 2009, 00:18   #5188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Mark my words Diabloo ponting can never break his records and in fact i dont see anyone doing it for decades.
Mr Virender wont get it. When Gauti started breathing down Mr Sehwag's neck we saw someone playing as if his tail on is fire. Guess who could have opened with Sachin if Mr Sehwag didnt get those runs

Plus everyone likes to pull down Sachin so....nothing new.

Mr Sachin encore, we know what it takes.

To the rest, i like Virender more then the above Mr Virender himself. What i wrote is purely for entertainment.
Old 21st March 2009, 09:29   #5189
BANNED

Sachin has 42 centuries and 12.5K runs. Ponting has 37 centuries and 11K runs. If Ponting gets back to his 2007 or 2008 form, he will get past Tendulkar in a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Harsha has the answer to Sehwag's tremendous rise in form - Without fear, Viru’s come into his own
Quote:
he is being given the space that every performer needs. Inherently, performers need to be happy souls; a trapeze artist worrying about his job will probably find the safety net. With Gambhir, Yuvraj and Raina batting well, Dhoni solid and reliable and Tendulkar still evergreen, Sehwag probably has the licence to play his brand of fearless cricket. And he seems to be carrying this freedom with a touch of gravity because it can be a thin line between bravery and recklessness. For Sehwag to find out how far his ability can take him, he must have the freedom to play in his style and this team, through its composition and attitude, is giving him this freedom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
When Gauti started breathing down Mr Sehwag's neck we saw someone playing as if his tail on is fire.
More apt question is who would have opened with Sehwag if Sachin didn't get his 43rd ODI hundred.
Quote:
Guess who could have opened with Sachin if Mr Sehwag didnt get those runs
Old 21st March 2009, 09:48   #5190
BANNED

Even the Australian coach doesn't get it - Dyson blunder hands England shock win

England 270 for 7 (Collingwood 69, Shah 62) beat West Indies 244 for 7 (Simmons 62, Sarwan 57) by 1 run (D/L method)

"West Indies, chasing England's 50-over total of 270 for seven, were offered the chance to go off due to rain and bad light and their Australian coach John Dyson beckoned the batsmen off the field."

"However, the hosts were one run short of the Duckworth-Lewis target, the method used to calculate results when the full overs are unused, and with no opportunity to return to the field England were declared winners with West Indies on 244 for seven from 46.2 overs."

England are celebrating their first win since a one-day victory over South Africa at Lord's. That was in August last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I dont think M/s Duckworth and Lewis know this themselves. Each of them would probably point to the other chap if you asked them.

Most Viewed