Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 17:16   #556
rks
BANNED

Old Trafford has been described as "one of the fastest pitches in the country", and England will be strengthened by the return of Flintoff. I am also assuming that Collingwood will play. Tremlett is their weak link and has been leaking runs, but he picked up wickets in the previoius game. England are obviously stronger in bowling and fielding.

India will have to be very aggressive in their strategy and performance. If they resort to defensive tactics like playing an extra batsman and batting slowly at the top of the order, they will get thrashed. Don't know how effective our spinners will be on this supposedly fast pitch.

Nobody knows what will happen, but going by the book England should win.
Old 30th August 2007, 17:17   #557
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I say England will win this series.
NO WAY .... u in for a surprise coz the final scoreline is gonna be different !!!
Old 30th August 2007, 17:44   #558
BANNED

By your strong words, I am sure you have insider information about the final series scoreline. My friend was telling the series is 4-3 to India and he has some money on this score. What are you into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
NO WAY .... u in for a surprise coz the final scoreline is gonna be different !!!
Old 30th August 2007, 18:34   #559
BANNED

Toss: India
Decision: Bat
Old 30th August 2007, 18:48   #560
Senior - BHPian

Ajit instead of Munaf. Flintoff replaced Tremlett (collingwood declared fit)

India won the toss and elected to bat. Hope our openers score at reasoable SR without losing any early wickets

Last edited by Surprise : 30th August 2007 at 18:56.
Old 30th August 2007, 19:24   #561
BANNED

Ganguly gone ! Done in by his perennial weakness !!
Short ball, weak pull and caught inside circle on leg side !!!

Ganguly will go done in the history of cricket as great batsmen with weakest pull shot. The problem is he attempts his weakest shot !!
Old 30th August 2007, 19:54   #562
Senior - BHPian

At the end of 10 0vers IND were 31/2. Again a poor start & worst of the lot.

Indians will start to repair the innings. Hope we make Eng sweat, if could not beat them
Quote:

"I think Cricinfo given wrong information, it is the 4th Test between England and India and not the 4th ODI, according to the way Dinesh and Sachin are playing."
Edit: Oops Ind were 3 down. With Dravid got out for 1. Excellent atmosphere for little master to eat as much as deliveries he could and score his 42nd

Last edited by Surprise : 30th August 2007 at 20:01.
Old 30th August 2007, 19:55   #563
BANNED

Karthik gone ! Poor guy out of form. Dravid has the knack of pushing out of form batsmen into limelight and when they fail, its big news !!

Karthik was doing well down the order. He failed at no 3. But again he was sent at no 3. Dravid did the same to Sehwag. When Sehwag was out of form, instead of letting him correct the flaws, he pushed into matches and when he failed, it made big news and now he is out of team.

Will Karthik go Sehwag way?
Old 30th August 2007, 20:01   #564
BANNED

Now, lone Fab standing !
Old 30th August 2007, 21:12   #565
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

After seeing Ganguly drive through backward point I was expecting a lot more from him in this innings. Sadly, the ball seemed to have hurried him up a bit causing him to play a nothing shot. Funny part is Karthik played worse than Sachin, Ganguly put together have in this innings. Coming with a tab of being a "fast scorer" he took 22 ***** to score 4 runs. His SLOW batting surely put Dravid into a lot of thinking to get the score board moving like he did in the previous two games which ultimately lead to his downfall.

Sachin is looking good with his shots. And is playing a really sensible game not sparing the slightest of the errors from bowlers while Yuvi is being made to look like an idiot. Ducking to a ball that didn't rise above his waist, flinging his bat after having missed a easy cut to a boundary of Monty. Freddy is having fun teasing, prodding Yuvi. Last I checked he had scored 3 runs of some close 30 odd *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
Dravid has the knack of pushing out of form batsmen into limelight and when they fail, its big news !!
Haha. First we have all the gyan on how Karthik should be sent up the order. Once he fails, you are bound to give him an extra chance to prove himself. Sadly, Karthik doesn't seem to deserve going up the order. Atleast the other batsmen wasted ***** but stuck to their wickets for a much longer time. Had he been sent down the order and had someone else failed instead of him we would still given the stick saying why India were persistent on sending the senior players up the order and not give the youngsters a chance.

Quote:
When Sehwag was out of form, instead of letting him correct the flaws, he pushed into matches and when he failed, it made big news and now he is out of team.
Diabloo, Sehwag is a different kind of a player all together. All he needs is one or two good strikes on the bat to get going besides you never know when you strike form. This is what Dravid might have been banking on and expecting to happen. Sadly it wasn't to be. Like Ganguly I guess its high time Sehwag went back, sat and thought it out how to play better. When he comes back I am sure he will be a much more responsible player.

Just saw that Sachin is gone. And with him the hopes of India putting up a good score? I bet everyone will blame it on the senior players once again than asking the youngsters to better themselves and prove that they are in the team due to their own accord and can do well when the other fail.Or at this rate we need to drop the entire team and send rks, nc, khaadu, surprise, el, diabloo and myself to replace them .
Old 30th August 2007, 21:16   #566
BANNED

Quote:
Or at this rate we need to drop the entire team and send rks, nc, khaadu, surprise, el, diabloo and myself to replace them .
I can guarantee you one thing .. A lot of my match fees will go for sledging !!! Before I get termed as rascist .. i better shut up !!

Cheers

PS -- I hope the dots are not one too many ---- I have one Mod after my behind , guess I sledged him too much somewhere !!
Old 30th August 2007, 21:19   #567
BANNED

mclaren, dont lose hope man, plenty of batting to come. Let Yuyi & Dhoni bat another 60 deliveries, with the only all-rounder Agarkar (fastest 50) to follow, still we can cross the psychological 200 barrier. Then we have a fight.

Last edited by diabloo : 30th August 2007 at 21:20.
Old 30th August 2007, 21:22   #568
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
I can guarantee you one thing .. A lot of my match fees will go for sledging
I love playing with aggressive players. Its about time we show the world that we wont be sledged around. But can be good at it as well . Khaadu we need to appoint you as the coach to the Indian team to teach them this tact.

Honestly speaking though, I loved the way England bowled. Clever, well thought and accurate bowling. Hats off to them for making use of the condition so wisely. They clearly seem to have the edge with the extra pace their 3 seamers are able to produce.

Edit: Diabloo, I have not lost hope man. Like I have been mentioning all this while to me it doesn't matter who wins. Be it the test series, 20 20 Cup, ODI series or the WC. What I love is a good game irrespective of who wins. And that is what I enjoy. Right now I am thoroughly enjoying looking at the England bowlers bowl superbly.

Though the only thing that bothers me is that if Yuvi and Dhoni do well and manage to pull India to a win we will still continue to blame our seniors for poor play. If they fail to score and put up a decent target yet we will blame the seniors for not hanging around. Which is kind of sad.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th August 2007 at 21:26.
Old 30th August 2007, 21:35   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though the only thing that bothers me is that if Yuvi and Dhoni do well and manage to pull India to a win we will still continue to blame our seniors for poor play. If they fail to score and put up a decent target yet we will blame the seniors for not hanging around. Which is kind of sad.
Why not?
Why Ganguly had to attempt his weakest stroke, when the condition was tough?
Sachin was cautious till he reached the magic score. Then we suddenly became adventurous. With still 20 overs left, why?
Seniors should assume more responsibility and assess the condition better.

Last edited by msdivy : 30th August 2007 at 21:37.
Old 30th August 2007, 21:40   #570
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Why not?
Seniors should assume more responsibility and assess the condition better.
And let our youngsters hang up their boots everytime taking this as an excuse? I do hope that you realize that they too have a role to play. Whether the seniors fail or play well. If you can praise them for taking India to a decent winning score from here (since we believe that they can do it), be prepared to criticize them from failing to do so too (for disappointing us just like the way our seniors are). This one sided favourism will not change anything. Not the way either of the players play. But it only shows our lack of maturity to appreciate a good play by the opposition.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th August 2007 at 21:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks