Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 15:15   #5866
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

India in West Indies 2011: Gambhir to captain, Badrinath in for limited-overs leg in WI | Cricket News | West Indies v India | ESPN Cricinfo

So Raina gets a nod above Yuvi for Vice-Captain post , Interesting!! Why would they want to choose 3 spinners, 2 WK ?? Seriously stupid selection . I would have gone for Rahul Sharma over Mishra . Bhajji should be rested for good ! Rayudu and Uthappa surely deserved a chance !
Old 13th May 2011, 15:32   #5867
BANNED

Wriddhiman Saha WHY HE?? Man somethings are just so difficult to understand. Poor Rayadu.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:57   #5868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Wriddhiman Saha WHY HE?? Man somethings are just so difficult to understand. Poor Rayadu.
Rayudu is not a full time wicket keeper, hence maybe the reason. But Rayudu should have been included in the team atleast. Its been known that the selectors do such stupid moves from time to time and waste the talent available.
Old 13th May 2011, 16:04   #5869
Team-BHP Support

My guess is that whosoever does well between Saha and Parthiv will stay on as reserve keeper for the tests.

Otherwise, choosing 2 keepers for a 5 odi series is just plain stupid.
Old 13th May 2011, 16:32   #5870
Team-BHP Support

The Indian team will be quite different from the one that played the WC, right? I'm sure Sehwag won't play since he has to undergo a shoulder surgery. Hope he gets better and picks up the bat as soon as the doctors give him the green signal.

I would really like to see Kohli captain the side, at least once, in the next one year. I think he has plenty of potential and he could consult the more experienced campaigners in the side if he needs to.

On a different note, I'm sure the West Indies selectors are hitting their heads on the walls while watching Gayle absolutely annihilate every bowler in the IPL. What a treat he is, to watch!
Old 13th May 2011, 22:44   #5871
Senior - BHPian

My take on current selection-
Badrinath and Ishant deserved it as they have the talent to be the future of indian cricket.

Saha is very ordinary of what i had seen of him. In fact dinesh karthik is much better than parthiv or saha in batting and keeping both.

Hopefully rohit wont disappoint this time!

Vinay kumar is an ordinary bowler with no pace to speak off.Really surprised to see Sree being dropped as he is much better than vinay kumar on any day!

It was perfect chance for selectors to pick rahul sharma and create another match winner for india but then when did we picked players who are in form?

P.S- Just saw dinesh karthik hitting 50 in 23 balls right now. And he is not going to WI. Wow!

Last edited by harry10 : 13th May 2011 at 22:47.
Old 14th May 2011, 09:54   #5872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Why would they want to choose 3 spinners, 2 WK ?? Seriously stupid selection
The pitches in the West Indies aren't the same as they were in the 80's. Now they are low and slow and aid spin too. I think 3 spinners is correct and the Windies cant play spin well enough.

Quote:
Bhajji should be rested for good ! Rayudu and Uthappa surely deserved a chance !
Agree 100% on Bhajji and Rayudu should have been in. Not Uthappa - no consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Why Saha ? He plays for the BCCI's boss' team !

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My take on current selection-
Badrinath and Ishant deserved it as they have the talent to be the future of indian cricket.
I am still not too sure about Ishant.

Quote:
Saha is very ordinary of what i had seen of him. In fact dinesh karthik is much better than parthiv or saha in batting and keeping both.
I feel Parthiv is better besides Karthik hasnt really done anything when given chances.

Quote:
Hopefully rohit wont disappoint this time!
Hopefully....

Quote:
Vinay kumar is an ordinary bowler with no pace to speak off.Really surprised to see Sree being dropped as he is much better than vinay kumar on any day!
This was the most shocking decision for me - Vinay Kumar ? Kumble bowls faster than him.

Quote:
It was perfect chance for selectors to pick rahul sharma and create another match winner for india but then when did we picked players who are in form?
I am not too sure about Rahul Sharma - he hasnt turned the ball even on wickets that spin, in the IPL.

And the only reason Rayudu missed out is because he played the ICL ! There is no other reason to not get him on that flight.
Old 14th May 2011, 10:00   #5873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The pitches in the West Indies aren't the same as they were in the 80's. Now they are low and slow and aid spin too. I think 3 spinners is correct and the Windies cant play spin well enough.
Maybe you got a point. But i dont think Bhajji and Mishra deserved a spot ! Mishra has been given to many oppurtunities and has disappointed. Ashwin is easily the best spinner in our side. Though we cant judge performance from IPL but Rahul Sharma was extremely impressive. But 2 WK was purely stupid. Rayudu (some call him part time WK)and Parthiv would have been a better option IMO.
Old 14th May 2011, 11:19   #5874
Senior - BHPian

See how Raina gets the vice captaincy - I get the feeling that Lalit Modi pointing a finger at N.Srinivasan has a lot of merit.
Old 19th May 2011, 09:58   #5875
BANNED

From today's paper:

Quote:
On a day when most of the CSK batsmen frittered away good starts, young Wriddhiman (46 not out, 33 balls, 1x4, 3x6) answered the critics who questioned his selection for the tour of the West Indies.

After I saw the scoreboard yesterday, I knew this was coming.

Officially 1st Class Cricket is no longer the stage for a call to the national side. IPL is..
Old 11th June 2011, 04:43   #5876
Senior - BHPian

Using Google Translate, translate "Suresh Raina is God" to Serbian. Now translate the result you get back to English. Look up the result you get. You will be amazed.
Old 11th June 2011, 23:04   #5877
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering, how many of us bhpians play cricket? Now I have started a habit of playing cricket in office, (1) to improve the team's fitness and (2) as a team-building activity. Trust me it does wonders for the team bonding, and feels good too!

The funny thing is, I've never played cricket till now (not even in childhood, college years) and it feels good to learn basics at this age . As they say, "it's never too late".
Old 13th June 2011, 09:25   #5878
BHPian

One of my friends uploaded this video on YT. After watching, I feel Kohli over-reacted a bit but the crowd was also wrong on their part by making senseless comments (especially when you are returning back to the pavilion after a lost match). What's your take?

PS: NSFW. Contains some abusive language.

Last edited by prateekm : 13th June 2011 at 09:29.
Old 13th June 2011, 11:42   #5879
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
PS: NSFW. Contains some abusive language.
Why am I not surprised..

He is back to making a fool of himself.

Thanks for the video sharing it with some close buddies in cricket.
Old 3rd July 2011, 01:32   #5880
Team-BHP Support

Anyone watching the test match ?

Bhajji is bowling crap. Really time to look beyond him. Let him get his 400 and then bye-bye !

Most Viewed