Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 09:35   #6691
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

i don't feel this is the right move they should have given him some more time before pushing him ahead or Gambhir & Raina. The worse thing that can happen in this situation is that fame goes in his head. Lot of times this has happened and can really make or break a players career and game in cricket.

Also i feel if though i am doubtful, if India does qualify for final , you would see a very different performance from Sehwag and he will silent all his critics.
Old 1st March 2012, 11:50   #6692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
What wrong did Gambhir do to be demoted?
I guess it was his post match statement that, Dhoni shouldn't have dragged the match till the last ball against Australia.
The fact that the statement came from someone who took 4 balls in the very last over to score the 1 run needed for victory,
in a T20 match held against the same opponent 10 days before, made it highly debatable.
That's when the rumor mills began to suggest a rift in the team.
Old 1st March 2012, 12:48   #6693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
I guess it was his post match statement that, Dhoni shouldn't have dragged the match till the last ball against Australia.
The fact that the statement came from someone who took 4 balls in the very last over to score the 1 run needed for victory,
in a T20 match held against the same opponent 10 days before, made it highly debatable.
That's when the rumor mills began to suggest a rift in the team.
This was internet humor, no truth in it!!!

Cant believe you fell for it! Apparently nowdays every day is an April fools day
Old 1st March 2012, 14:20   #6694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
This was internet humor, no truth in it!!!
Cant believe you fell for it! Apparently nowdays every day is an April fools day
There's no smoke without fire. No matter what they say or cover up, there was certainly some frictions between individuals/camps.
Asia Cup squad: Sehwag dropped for defying BCCI? - The Times of India
Old 1st March 2012, 14:32   #6695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
There's no smoke without fire. No matter what they say or cover up, there was certainly some frictions between individuals/camps.
Asia Cup squad: Sehwag dropped for defying BCCI? - The Times of India
I was not talking about Sehwag. The quotes earlier attributed to Gambhir regarding criticizing Dhoni (to take a team to victory) are untrue (it was internet humor.) I think it originated at Washington Post Social Reader. Somebody was just taking mickey at the expense of the team. It is a Facebook app so it became a rage quite soon. But most people did realize that it was just for fun! It was there in the disclaimer as well.
Old 1st March 2012, 15:16   #6696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I was not talking about Sehwag. The quotes earlier attributed to Gambhir regarding criticizing Dhoni (to take a team to victory) are untrue (it was internet humor.) I think it originated at Washington Post Social Reader. Somebody was just taking mickey at the expense of the team. It is a Facebook app so it became a rage quite soon.
Haven't seen that FB humour, but i was referring to the post-match press conference that was also telecast, where Gambhir uttered the comment that if it had been him, he wouldn't have dragged the match till the end.
Should have finished it off early:Gambhir
The same press meet can be found in You tube also.
The Sehwag link was to show the politics going behind and the Sehwag-Gambhir-delhi connection.
Old 1st March 2012, 15:27   #6697
Senior - BHPian

I saw Sehwag's press conference. He specifically said 'No I did not know about slow fielders, he said something else to us'
Why did he have to say that? He could have said 'I dont know'. He didn't have to tell what Dhoni told him.
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:18   #6698
BHPian

Finally the miserable summer comes to an end.
Well deserved win by Sri Lanka. They can go all the way to win the tri-series.

We will be back with a bang on dustbowl of Mirpur
C300 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:34   #6699
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Let's be frank - that super victory against the Lankans came too late and we really do not deserve to be in the finals.
Let's look forward to huge successes in the sub-continent - we can win the series, Sachin can get his 100th international century, 49th & 50th ODI century, etc. Failure is the stepping stone to success and our board knows that well so they'd planned this tour perfectly to be just after the Aussie tour. Life goes on and public memory is short so after few months who will remember we lost the Test series against Australia 0-4 ?

Last edited by NPV : 2nd March 2012 at 19:37.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:59   #6700
BHPian

Australia is smart they will win the finals 2-0 and will take the cup. Today's game was just an eye wash. Just wait and watch how they play in the finals.
Old 2nd March 2012, 22:28   #6701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Australia is smart they will win the finals 2-0 and will take the cup. Today's game was just an eye wash. Just wait and watch how they play in the finals.
This match was just a formality. The moment both the teams came to the ground, Australians looked really really casual as if they wanted to loose it deliberately.

Our guys are more towards money than national pride, Go IPL!!!
Old 9th March 2012, 12:36   #6702
Senior - BHPian

Rahul Dravid retires. Now who will fill the huge void in the middle order in tests?

Thank you sir, for all that you have done while playing for the country!!! Hope the guys who replace you have at least half the passion and dedication that you had while playing the game.
Old 9th March 2012, 13:02   #6703
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Rahul Dravid retires. Now who will fill the huge void in the middle order in tests?

Thank you sir, for all that you have done while playing for the country!!! Hope the guys who replace you have at least half the passion and dedication that you had while playing the game.
Arvind,

NO ONE can replace the great Rahul Dravid.

He has done for our country, something even Sachin struggled to, especially in recent events. He is one of the greatest Cricketers of all time, and arguably the greatest Indian Cricketer ever.

That said, I know what you really meant by 'replace'. The likes of Kohli and Gambhir have big shoes to fill. And Rahul's Cricket shoes are perhaps the biggest.
Old 9th March 2012, 14:48   #6704
Senior - BHPian

Even though everyone was calling for the heads of the 3 masters, when the time comes it leaves you with a lump in your throat and a very insecure feeling, never felt this way when gavaskar or kapil left.
Old 9th March 2012, 14:55   #6705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Even though everyone was calling for the heads of the 3 masters, when the time comes it leaves you with a lump in your throat and a very insecure feeling, never felt this way when gavaskar or kapil left.
The other two guys who are supposed to retire will also make sure you wont have a lump in your throat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks