Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 12:52   #661
Team-BHP Support

Robin, why dont we have a poll to find out what people think about the same?
Old 6th September 2007, 13:01   #662
Senior - BHPian

One Robin won us a match and immediately another pops in here

hey RT - what took you so long ?
Old 6th September 2007, 13:09   #663
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
So. we get to the final. Will we win or lose? Whats the general perception. And will Sachin deliver big again or live upto his track record at finals?
Rt, we definitely are winning on Saturday so grab your beers and pop urself in front of the telly ( didnt know u even folow cricket ) !!

Sachin for a change shall deliver in the big game .... its probably the last time he's gonna step on to that ground for India and he would be determined to play well .

The only weak part in our armory is Agarkar ... he may knock over a few quick ones but still lands up giving too many 4 ***** !! Maybe he needs to be replaced by RP Singh ...

Cheers
Old 6th September 2007, 13:13   #664
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
@ McL - finally our youngsters came good too but the performance of the English youngsters was better, more so with Mascarenhas and Wright.
Just one on the batting front NC . Just one. What we need is more mature performances from Yuvi, Dhoni, Karthik, Powar, Robin when the chips are down.

Diabloo, I am all game for encouraging youngsters but when was the last time one of your youngsters stood up and won a game collectively or comprehensively? Prior to this game? One or two good performances is not good enough IMO. Besides, I guess the fault also lies in our hands and that of the press. One good knock, we make them heroes forever. This brings about casualness in the way they play I guess. What we need them is to perform over consistent periods. Same applies to the seniors as well.

IMO, England are going to win Saturday's match and clinch the series. Its our fielding that will be the let down, followed by our batting.

Whose betting on the MOTS award? I guess Bell has it almost tucked away into his bag. With Sachin a close second. In the bowling department Anderson is leading the rest of the pack by quite a margin. Who is it going to be?

Quote:
The only weak part in our armory is Agarkar
He currently shares the 3rd spot on the highest wicket takers list. Only below Anderson, Broad, Flintoff. In spite of the brilliant performances Zaheer is a low 10th. Chawla is 6th with only 1 spinner a spot ahead of him. Powar in 5th it is. Surprisingly the most economical bowlers have been Freddy & Powar and the worst are Munaf followed by Agarkar amongst the top bowlers.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th September 2007 at 13:20.
Old 6th September 2007, 13:24   #665
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
He currently shares the 3rd spot on the highest wicket takers list. Only below Anderson, Broad, Flintoff. In spite of the brilliant performances Zaheer is a low 10th. Chawla is 6th with only 1 spinner a spot ahead of him. Powar in 5th it is. Surprisingly the most economical bowlers have been Freddy & Powar and the worst are Munaf followed by Agarkar amongst the top bowlers.
Which means nothing at all ... he may have taken wickets but look at the amount of boundaries he concedes and don't blame the fielding for that . I said he may be a wicket taker but if he takes a few quick wickets and still gets hammered for more than 7 runs an oer , then the effect of taking wickets gets negated . He just has a day when he will take 4-5 wkts and then nothing for the next 5 games .

Now is when India needed someoe like Pathan ( when he was bowling at his best ) -- an all rounder in a team is very important , thats if you can't have 2 of them .

Cheers
Old 6th September 2007, 13:24   #666
BHPian

I read in THE HINDU that in a few years, England will be impossible to beat because of the cosmopolitan nature of their team.

West Indian, Australian and South African bowlers
Sub Continant batsmen
English, Australian and South African allrounders

Wonder what you guys think
Old 6th September 2007, 13:45   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I read in THE HINDU that in a few years, England will be impossible to beat because of the cosmopolitan nature of their team.

West Indian, Australian and South African bowlers
Sub Continant batsmen
English, Australian and South African allrounders

Wonder what you guys think
Being on top is a tremporary phenomenon. In the 80s we had WI on top while we have Aus. on top now. Who knows England can be on top by 2010. Every Dog has its day.
Old 6th September 2007, 13:47   #668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hey RT - what took you so long ?
Sorry, the after match party went on late. And the flight back from where ever the match was held was delayed
Old 6th September 2007, 14:39   #669
Senior - BHPian

Cricinfo - Tendulkar looks at quitting ODIs

Haahhaa.. I did not expect such comments. More comments on the link

Quote:
It would be sad when finally a day will come when he walks out to bat for the last time. Sachin has given 17 years of his life to cricket and deserves to walk out when he is on top of his game. But personally I feel he shouldn't be doing it simply because his dream is not yet over. A person can only go on in his life if he has something to prove to others which I feel he has. He still needs to prove that he can win India World Cup. If he wants to be a legend of century & not just legend of his era, he has to make sure that he wins World cup for India. That will be an absolute tribute to this man. A perfect climax to his career.
Posted by Harpreet on September 06 2007, 05:44 AM GMT

Quote:
I've been living in Australia for the past 12 years. Originally came from an European country and haven't heard of cricket before I came here. The reason I became so interested in this wonderful sport is Sachin Tendulkar. Watching him over the years reminded me how one individual can influence and inspire. Sheer star quality. I haven't missed a single game when I knew Tendulkar was playing - live in Sydney, TV or Cricinfo. I was fortunate enough to see him live on his last two tours of Australia. In my mind he is by far the best batsman as well as the most charismatic sportsman - in any sport. We all know that he has to stop playing one day, but I am sincerely hoping that day is not going to be any time soon. I can not imagine following cricket anywhere near as closely without him around. Pure genius, wonderful person and inspiration.
Posted by Sasha on September 06 2007, 05:26 AM GMT
Old 6th September 2007, 18:17   #670
BANNED

25 year old Sri Lankan, Pathirana (?) scored 277 runs of 72 ***** after borrowing a team mates bat. His knock included 29 sixes and 18 fours. It was a 20 20 cup match and his team ended with 366 runs of 20 overs. After Dimitri's knock and this, I am made to believe anything can happen in Cricket.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:54   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
And will Sachin deliver big again or live upto his track record at finals?
I am damn suer this is going to be different, sachin looks his normal self these days without the burden of necessarily having to score centuries everytime he goes out to bat. Did anyone see the post match interview ? he said what i wished he would say ( for like a million years). He said he woule be happy to get a 90 & india wins rather than get a 100 & India losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Sachin for a change shall deliver in the big game .... its probably the last time he's gonna step on to that ground for India and he would be determined to play well .
I second that, sachin looks & plays different, he is at last free of the monkeys on his back, I am sure we are going to see a 100 from his bat if not more. (Subject to his fitness, of course).

Quote:
25 year old Sri Lankan, Pathirana (?) scored 277 runs of 72 ***** after borrowing a team mates bat. His knock included 29 sixes and 18 fours. It was a 20 20 cup match and his team ended with 366 runs of 20 overs. After Dimitri's knock and this, I am made to believe anything can happen in Cricket.
I would make nothing out of it. english county cricket is equivalent of our gully cricket, that is their standards. remember Graeme Hick ??
Old 7th September 2007, 02:07   #672
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Did anyone see the post match interview ? he said what i wished he would say ( for like a million years). He said he woule be happy to get a 90 & india wins rather than get a 100 & India losses.
This is not the first time he has said that IIRC.
Old 7th September 2007, 08:53   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
remember Graeme Hick ??
EL,

Hick was a great player who wasn't properly utilised by England. He was equally adept at playing pace and spin.

Quote:
This is not the first time he has said that IIRC.
Maybe the 1st time , he meant it.
Old 7th September 2007, 08:57   #674
BANNED

Maybe he has given up hope of going past 99 . Grapes are sour, let me settle for Mangoes
Quote:
Maybe the 1st time , he meant it.
Old 8th September 2007, 16:14   #675
BHPian

Guys any predictions yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks