Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2012, 21:38   #6826
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Pakistan lost this match because of Mohammed Hafeez and Nasir Jamshed. They should should have scored faster while approaching their centuries and not tried selfishly to get to their personal 100s by getting runs in singles. I mean, they were in such a strong position of 184/0 after 30 overs and then neither man scored a boundary until they crossed their personal 100s. Shocking display of selfishness.
Old 18th March 2012, 21:49   #6827
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Pakistan lost this match because of Mohammed Hafeez and Nasir Jamshed. They should should have scored faster while approaching their centuries and not tried selfishly to get to their personal 100s by getting runs in singles. I mean, they were in such a strong position of 184/0 after 30 overs and then neither man scored a boundary until they crossed their personal 100s. Shocking display of selfishness.
nice and sarcastic answer there.

Virat almost pulled off the 3rd double century. But I really don't like the way Virat celebrates when he reaches the 3-figure score.

I'm more happy to see Rohit come back into form...Hope he gets more consistent.
If only Rohit can get some consistency going, He and Virat have all the qualities of replacing people like Dravid and Laxman.

Well done men in Blue
Old 18th March 2012, 22:03   #6828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Interestingly chasing 300+ totals has become so easy in last 5 years or so. Thanks to the T20 cricket.
Somewhere down the lane, we are getting benefitted from IPL. Scoring 8 an over isnot a give problem anymore.
Wow, what a praise for IPL. So all in all:
1. Cricket should be made only batsman's game.
2. Curse the bowlers, they are of No use whatsoever.
3. Only T20 and ODIs are worth playing.

Let's pray kohli's century doesn't go waste like it did in Australia if BD wins.

Last edited by carwatcher : 18th March 2012 at 22:05.
Old 18th March 2012, 22:14   #6829
Team-BHP Support

Pakistan should have scored a little more. 10-15 runs more maybe. Would have given Kohli a chance to be the 3rd batsman in ODI Cricket history to reach 200. See, we fans are the ones who are selfish.

But seriously, what a brilliant performance by India today. Flat track and poor bowling aside, I think we played brilliantly. Kohli is the future of Indian Cricket.

I'd also like to say that Sachin's quick-fire 50 played a huge role in today's victory. He played like he was in his 20s again.
Old 18th March 2012, 22:16   #6830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome one there..
Another one (from FB),
" Virat Kohli has achieved everything an youngster has to in his age - So he has to retire and give chance to other youngsters. "
Old 18th March 2012, 22:16   #6831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Wow, what a praise for IPL. So all in all:
1. Cricket should be made only batsman's game.
2. Curse the bowlers, they are of No use whatsoever.
3. Only T20 and ODIs are worth playing.

Let's pray kohli's century doesn't go waste like it did in Australia if BD wins.
I don't know what made you say so, but all I meant is today batsman do bat more freely and that mental barrier of chasing at 6+ rpo is no longer a big deal.
Cricket is an ever evolving game.
ODI cricket did influence the way teams play test cricket. And T20 too has got some effect on ODI cricket.

10 years back even on flattest of track against a weak bowling unit chasing 300+ was a daunting task for any team.
Old 18th March 2012, 22:42   #6832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Was Umesh Yadav 'rested' or dropped? I think we need Aaron and Yadav badly . All the best to the Indian batting line for a usual big score chase .
As per selectors Umesh Yadav was rested. But he us is busy playing for Central Zone in Deodhar Trophy. He played a match today and one on 16th.
Old 18th March 2012, 23:00   #6833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Awesome one there..
Another one (from FB),
" Virat Kohli has achieved everything an youngster has to in his age - So he has to retire and give chance to other youngsters. "
These two replies made my day. Thank you

BTW, is a deja vu all over. Our fate hangs in balance and it is some other team deciding it. Interestingly, Sri Lanka is involved again.

If we don't make it, we can conveniently blame Lanka for it.
Old 18th March 2012, 23:38   #6834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Cricket is an ever evolving game.
ODI cricket did influence the way teams play test cricket. And T20 too has got some effect on ODI cricket.
10 years back even on flattest of track against a weak bowling unit chasing 300+ was a daunting task for any team.
I fully agree to this point of yours.
But I feel IPL has done more harm than good to cricket. Did we ever heard the term Cricketainment before IPL. If you only mentioned T20, my reaction wouldn't have been so harsh.
Old 19th March 2012, 04:52   #6835
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Awesome one there..
Another one (from FB),
haha. Good one.

Awesome win. Kohli has improved as a player in the last 2-3 years and looks like a complete ODI batsman. His temperament is unmatched. I must admit that Sachin was a bit immature when he was 23-24 and had that tendency to gift his wicket. That is one of the reasons he took 79 matches to score his first ton.
Good to see Rohit getting some runs. The major concern is our bowling department.
Its again similar wait and watch situation for final's birth.
Go Lanka!!
Old 19th March 2012, 05:04   #6836
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I'm more happy to see Rohit come back into form...Hope he gets more consistent.
If only Rohit can get some consistency going, He and Virat have all the qualities of replacing people like Dravid and Laxman.
Rohit is consistent. He consistently succeeds in the subcontinent. And fails in Australia, RSA etc.
Old 19th March 2012, 05:18   #6837
Senior - BHPian

IPL, I wouldnt even term it cricket. Where's the skill or application? All you do is play bang boom on a flat wicket which offers absolutely nothing for the bowlers. If you hit, you will be famous, even if you don't you got the money anyways.
Gone are the days when I would wake up early in the morning to watch a test match in Australia where there is something in the pitch for both the batsmen and the bowlers.
Old 19th March 2012, 09:29   #6838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
I must admit that Sachin was a bit immature when he was 23-24 and had that tendency to gift his wicket. That is one of the reasons he took 79 matches to score his first ton.
Sachin started batting at No 4 & 5. At that number, Sachin did get few matches where he could bat for long. But he scored in 1st century when he first opened the innings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I can safely say that Virat Kohli is India's next Sachin Tendulkar.
I don't know in what way Kohli is like Sachin. But there is one criticism of Sachin is that he leaves the end-game to somebody else. So far what we have seen of Kohli, he stays till the end.

Last edited by msdivy : 19th March 2012 at 09:31.
Old 19th March 2012, 10:24   #6839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Pakistan should have scored a little more. 10-15 runs more maybe. Would have given Kohli a chance to be the 3rd batsman in ODI Cricket history to reach 200. See, we fans are the ones who are selfish.

But seriously, what a brilliant performance by India today. Flat track and poor bowling aside, I think we played brilliantly. Kohli is the future of Indian Cricket.

I'd also like to say that Sachin's quick-fire 50 played a huge role in today's victory. He played like he was in his 20s again.
True about Kohli. Just hope that he gets his anger under control. I call him Irate Kohli just because of his on field antics.

And about Sachin. Yes it was a valuable knock. If only he had played like this in all previous matches, keeping the team's goal in mind...
Old 19th March 2012, 11:30   #6840
BHPian

Quote:

Same as what sachin and virat did in the previous name. Why dont you call them selfish then? In my previous posts I was saying the same, but it was against sachin so that time sachin fans like you told that they were stabilizing the innings and needed to score slowly till 45th over Must admit that india scored atleast 40 runs less in the previous match.

If india would have scored runs quickly in the match against BD and scored atleast 320+ then Indian would surely be on top of points table today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks