Re: The Cricket Thread

Two jokes I got on Whatsapp...

Joke1:
Anushka Sharma(AS) calls Virat Kohli but Duncan Fletcher(DF) recieves it
AS: Can I speak to Virat?
DF: He's just gone out to bat.
AS: Ok, I'll hold.

Joke2:
Maggi has signed Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador since he bats only for 2 Minutes!

Old 15th August 2014, 22:09   #8027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Today? Dhoni has scored more runs in this series than everyone else other than Vijay.
That comment was from last test match.

Pathetic batting again in this match. Dhoni being an exception. Why don't India just forfeit the match and take another 4 day rest.
Old 15th August 2014, 23:00   #8028
BHPian

Hi everybody.
Best batting lineup in the world. Great players of spin. Highest paid cricketers. Most pampered in the world. Most number of people hero worshipping them.

PS:Would Moeen Ali, the wrecker in chief of the last test, be selected(as a spinner) in the Ranji trophy?
Old 15th August 2014, 23:29   #8029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
Best batting lineup in the world. Great players of spin. Highest paid cricketers. Most pampered in the world. Most number of people hero worshipping them.

PS:Would Moeen Ali, the wrecker in chief of the last test, be selected(as a spinner) in the Ranji trophy?
Correction. Best batting line up was only in dravid, Sachin, Laxman, Ganguly, sehwag Era. These are bunch of over hyped spineless players.
Old 16th August 2014, 09:30   #8030
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Given that the current team needs approximately 45 overs to get all out, they can get the record for being bowled out twice in a day's play - 20 wickets in 90 overs.
Possible if England were to bat first, score a big total and then have our team bat and follow-on immediately. Come on team, you can do it , after all you don't need 5 days to play a Test, you are better off playing the shorter formats and crowds will be entertained as well.
Old 16th August 2014, 12:09   #8031
BHPian

No offense to all the people expressing the anguish over our team's performance but heck this is our team, at bad times you support them not get after them. Criticize them yes, but the comments now are bordering on abuse and insult.

Remember this is a young team. The stalwarts went there last time and were beaten to pulp in a 4 Test series. You better remember that. I am equally at a pain at our performance but this is still my team and I better get behind them when they need your support. Image the same situation at work or at school for you, would you like your friends and supporters to keep chiding you?

I am sorry but some of the comments are really poor in taste and it's not just here but everywhere. There is something called a fair-weather friend and we Indians keep proving that we are at the top of that line.
Old 16th August 2014, 12:28   #8032
BHPian

@Pratyush, the frustration here is because there is not even a semblance of a fight to try and make a match out of it. If Bhuvi, Sami, Dhoni can fight it out. Then why can't we expect the same from the batting greats we all love.

And yes I agree with you wrt supporting the team through thick and thin, the frustration is only way to vent out.
Old 16th August 2014, 14:07   #8033
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Criticize them yes, but the comments now are bordering on abuse and insult.
Nobody has a problem with our team losing, but its the manner in which they are losing which is a big worry. They don't have a gumption for a fight! Last test should have been a draw since everyone knew that a storm is in the vicinity & likely to affect the last 2 days & that is what happened in the end. But our team instead of playing out the last session on day 3 got bowled out !
I agree with the article in TOI, that our team needs a full time Sports Psychologist! Something is wrong in their minds, nothing wrong with their ability!
Old 16th August 2014, 14:50   #8034
Senior - BHPian

The thing wrong in their mind is too much money and perks without any accountability for the pathetic performances. If this was an Aussie team the captain along with non performing players will be shown the door. But, here all players are sitting relaxed and captain makes ridiculous after match speeches cos they all know nothings gonna happen.

BCCI should scrap test cricket from their itinerary. They are only interested in making money through ipl n stuff, players feel the same. No one is serious for test cricket so stop the sham and just play limited overs and T20. No point in keep losing overseas and now at home too. Let countries like SA, Oz, SL who give their all to win carry on with test cricket.
Old 16th August 2014, 18:04   #8035
Team-BHP Support

It's not the lack of results (we've never been world-beaters overseas in our cricketing history), but the seemingly lacking pride that rankles fans. England was in a slump when this series began, and they lost a test too. Compare their reaction to India's, says all that needs to be said.

Over-hyped, two-bit, one-trick pseudo-superstars who only know how to slog in a 20-over format. Nothing will happen of course, because the captain and his side-kicks are employed by the big cheat (who incidentally presides over the world game now too).
Old 16th August 2014, 22:56   #8036
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, it's just the frustration of seeing our dear team lose this way with toothless performances. What shocks me is that it's the same pitch on which our batsmen struggle to make runs while English batsmen make lots of runs. Similarly, their bowlers seem lethal on the same pitch where our bowlers struggle to get wickets. Of course there is also the odd bad umpiring decision going against us and some crucial missed chances, etc but overall we aren't trying enough
Pujara, Kohli, etc are not new so what's wrong now, their technique (I don't think so) or simply a lack of application/will to bat it out ? Worst part is the fact that they are unable to click as a team and when batting plus bowling fails in tandem it leads to big losses.

Last edited by NPV : 16th August 2014 at 22:58.
Old 17th August 2014, 21:18   #8037
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Given that the current team needs approximately 45 overs to get all out...
Wow, Dhoni & co. proved me wrong by getting all out in 29.2 overs with 94 runs on the board Did they think it was a T20 game ?

Done & dusted, out 3-1 in the test series. Let's see how the ODI series goes, am scared already!
Old 17th August 2014, 22:17   #8038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Wow, Dhoni & co. proved me wrong by getting all out in 29.2 overs with 94 runs on the board Did they think it was a T20 game ?

Done & dusted, out 3-1 in the test series. Let's see how the ODI series goes, am scared already!
The ordeal is finally over. Pathetic show by Indian Batsman. Poor application by the batsman. The way they were getting out was like replays.

Hope some amount of ground is regained during the ODIs.
Old 17th August 2014, 22:58   #8039
Senior - BHPian

A disappointing result. But by no means a surprising one. The most inexperienced Indian batting order taking on the current best swing bowler (and England's greatest of all time), they are bound to be exposed. No Dravid/Tendulkar/Ganguly to bail you out.
None of the current team have done a single season in county and swinging conditions.

I dont think this is disaster. Simply put, BCCI priorities have changed from producing the best cricket team to making Indian cricket most commercially successful.

You cant enable cricketers to make 5-6 crores from 6 weeks of IPL and then expect them to magically become the World's best test batsmen facing swing bowling in England, which they have never faced before.

As a nation, we have stopped watching test cricket, forget about actually going to the ground.
That says quite a bit on the signals we send to our cricketers.

Last edited by Hatari : 17th August 2014 at 23:03.
Old 17th August 2014, 23:25   #8040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Remember this is a young team. The stalwarts went there last time and were beaten to pulp in a 4 Test series.
So Dhoni doesn't win neither with young team nor with stalwarts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Nothing will happen of course, because the captain and his side-kicks are employed by the big cheat (who incidentally presides over the world game now too).
Dhoni has exprsssed (indirectly) that he is not interested in test cricket. But as CSK captain, it becomes his obligation to be also Indian test captain, to get more revenue for his franchisee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This move by then BCCI President continues to haunt Indian test cricket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks