Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2016, 19:22   #8626
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

I can't understand why NZ and SA U-19 sides are hopelessly poor compared to their Senior's image.
I feel India should win this easily and it wouldn't had made any difference had Ban won today.
Old 11th February 2016, 19:25   #8627
Team-BHP Support

I hope it doesn't come to that and the issue is resolved. WI are a fun team in the T20 format. It might also be the last WC for the likes of Gayle.
Old 11th February 2016, 19:43   #8628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I hope it doesn't come to that and the issue is resolved. WI are a fun team in the T20 format. It might also be the last WC for the likes of Gayle.
Absolutely. They have a team which can even win the cup on their day. WI board should act sensible and resolve the issue ASAP. This kinda embarrassment for them is becoming too common now.

And Icici should not accept a second string team from them when it's paying the WI board full money for their senior teams participation.

Saw some overs of U 19 chase today. Both WI and Bang looked so medicore. Final should be an easy win for us.
Old 14th February 2016, 16:07   #8629
Senior - BHPian

It seems 1983 final has been repeated but the only difference being that India was favourite this time.
Old 24th February 2016, 13:15   #8630
BHPian

ICC T20 World Cup Tickets -- Who is watching which match ??

Note to Moderators:
I was not able to find a thread for the World Cup matches, hence started a new one. Please merge with an existing thread if required.

Hello All

With the ICC T20 World Cup tickets going on sale today, how many of us have been able to buy tickets and for which venue.
The booking experience was ok with wait times under acceptable limits via the bookmyshow website.

I have been able to buy the below set of tickets:

ICC World T20 India 2016 Men - Pakistan v Australia
4 Ticket(s)
Punjab Cricket Association Stadium: Mohali
3:00pm | Fri, 25 Mar, 2016

ICC World T20 India 2016 Men - Australia v New Zealand
4 Ticket(s)
HPCA Cricket Ground: Dharamshala
3:00pm | Fri, 18 Mar, 2016

I for one, would seriously be looking out for the tickets of the India vs Pakistan clash which are going to be on sale from tomorrow.
However the lucky draw for the same is a big disappointment. Though it is a good way to ensure everyone gets a fair chance, but then, who knows even if this can be tampered.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, India look like a formidable line up and can go the distance.

Looking forward to seeing a few fellow bhp'ians in the stands cheering for Team India.
Old 1st March 2016, 07:03   #8631
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening's Asia cup T20 match -
UAE showed some flashes of brilliance and suddenly looked like a very good team, maybe the pressure on the Pak team gave that impression about UAE but can't take away due credit to them for the performance. In the end, Umar Akmal and Shoaib Malik used their experience to Pak home
Old 10th March 2016, 21:45   #8632
Senior - BHPian

"Misbah-ul-Haq c Sreesanth b Joginder Sharma" marked the final moment of T20 World Cup 2007 and India lifted the cup.
The Cricket Thread-old.jpg

While India try their attempt for 2nd title, here is what became of those 2 men.

IPL 2013: Sreesanth arrested for spot-fixing
The Cricket Thread-sreesanth_new.jpg
Ref: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ry/671043.html

Joginder Sharma was appointed Deputy Superintendent of Police by Haryana State Govt
The Cricket Thread-joginder-sharma.jpg
Ref: http://haryanapoliceonline.gov.in/dsp_joginder.aspx
Old 11th March 2016, 08:46   #8633
Distinguished - BHPian

Two days ago, on Wednesday, I purchased two tickets for the India Vs Q1A (Most probably Bangaladesh) ICC World T20 Match at Bengaluru to be held on 23rd of this month.
I had registered for ₹1000 and ₹2000 category lucky draw and got 2 tickets for the ₹1000 category.
When I was selected, I got an SMS and followed the link in it to Bookmyshow to complete the purchase.
Instructions about where to pick up the tickets from will be given later it seems.
The SMS said that I could purchase it before 11th march (Today) by 11 AM.
So hopefully the pick up instructions will be sent after this time frame.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 11th March 2016 at 08:48.
Old 11th March 2016, 09:46   #8634
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Two days ago, on Wednesday, I purchased two tickets for the India Vs Q1A (Most probably Bangaladesh) ICC World T20 Match at Bengaluru to be held on 23rd of this month.
I had registered for ₹1000 and ₹2000 category lucky draw and got 2 tickets for the ₹1000 category.
That's nice, I wasn't so lucky with the draw of lots for the India match on 23 March.

Given that the matches in Bangalore are on Sunday (20 March), Monday (21 March) and Wednesday (23 March), I got tickets for the sunday match SL vs WI which did not have the lucky draw
Old 11th March 2016, 10:21   #8635
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
That's nice, I wasn't so lucky with the draw of lots for the India match on 23 March.

Given that the matches in Bangalore are on Sunday (20 March), Monday (21 March) and Wednesday (23 March), I got tickets for the sunday match SL vs WI which did not have the lucky draw
You have got tickets to the comparatively evenly balanced of the matches in Bengaluru.
Other two would be one sided (Ok, we can't say anything about India )
I only was interested to watch an Indian match Live in the stadium.
Being an evening match, weekday shouldn't be a huge problem

10 of my colleagues are going to the Aus Vs Q1A match. They had done some miscalculations and thought that it will be Aus Vs Ind
Old 12th March 2016, 20:14   #8636
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Star Sports missed a trick by not telecasting the warm-up games in this World T20! They already have so many channels, viewership would certainly have been more to watch these games than the minnows!
Old 12th March 2016, 20:23   #8637
Team-BHP Support

And we would have never seen Afghanistan play the way they did... Or that Indian (I confess that I cannot recall the name) in Oman's team that led them to an upset win.

I personally prefered watching these games than some warm up matches.
Old 13th March 2016, 00:00   #8638
BHPian

What was the point in sending Bhajji today at no. 5. I understand that this was a warm-up match. But Pandey or Jadeja would have been ideal to get some runs under their belt.
Old 13th March 2016, 10:23   #8639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
What was the point in sending Bhajji today at no. 5. I understand that this was a warm-up match. But Pandey or Jadeja would have been ideal to get some runs under their belt.
What are you talking about? Bhajji didn't bat yesterday. All our main batsmen got a hit in the game.
Old 13th March 2016, 12:34   #8640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
What are you talking about? Bhajji didn't bat yesterday. All our main batsmen got a hit in the game.
My mistake. I didn't follow the match. It only showed in my phone's notification bar. Now I realize it was Raina. And I can't prove myself that it was infact Harbhajan instead of Raina when I saw it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks