Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2006, 18:26   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Sehwag's Saying "our Aim is to play at least 50 overs".
Is he talking of one day matches? It should have been "at the most" then! (not counting the extra overs in the form of no and wide *****)

The morale in the team is very bad right now. None of the players barring a few are performing well. The "God" looks like a spent force now. If players like him get out so cheaply and in such a manner as in the 4th odi against sa, just imagine what message will be conveyed to others in the team.

I had the misfortune of watching Indian debacle in Durban. Should have watched the likes of Suresh Raina face Pollock & Co. He was absolutely clueless on what was happening. Probably he might have felt better in the dressing room than on the field.

People accuse Ganguly of not playing the short pitched ones well, but what do they say of the present lot? Who, barring Dravid and Tendulkar can face up to the pacers with some confidence? Kaif is all over the place. Sehwag swings his bat aimlessly. Sachin is just a shadow of what he was. If everybody is performing so badly, I do not see any reason why Ganguly and Laxman should not be given a chance to prove their mettle. If they succeed, it is good for team India. if not, we are back to square one. Anyway, we are at the nadir now. We have nothing to loose and we are experimenting big time. Why not add to it?
Old 30th November 2006, 18:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
The One player I am really dissapointed with is Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar.
All his peers Lara,Pointing all seem to have hit their peaks now.When they come to play the bowlers know who is boss but the same cant be said of sachin.
Looks like both of them will overtake him and our man will be stuck without the records he (and therefore the country, since we've sacrificed some matches for those records) worked so hard for.
Old 30th November 2006, 19:21   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Looks like both of them will overtake him and our man will be stuck without the records he (and therefore the country, since we've sacrificed some matches for those records) worked so hard for.
That's right.

Lara has got the final opportunity as he is short of 82 runs to reach his 35th hundred in the final innings against Pakistan to match Sachin's record. If he misses this chance, its tough for him to get into that situation again. WI has no test matches in near feature ( i guess they have only after world cup).

Iam sure ponting would match or even beat Sachin on most no. of hundreds. He has got 8 innings left. Atleast he would score 3 hundreds to match Sachin's 35.

As AKRAM mentioned, Sachin has achieved in CRICKET. He need to be very aggressive as LARA to complete his carrer in glory. If he adobts that Iam sure Sachin will regain his glory.
Old 30th November 2006, 22:14   #79
BHPian

deepakhon,

its a pretty well-discussed thought now that all that's kept the likes of ganguly and laxman outside the team is pure politics. the questions with regards to his form, fitness and fielding abilities are an absolute load of garb; explain to me, how in any way does his highness, the captain, Rahul Dravid, score as a better fielder and fitter player? if anything Ganguly offers more as a bowler too... plus, as they said - Ganguly was drpped due to bad form. Has Dravid scored anything substantial in the past 15 one day innings, barring the 60 odd he scored in the SA onedayer? (which seemed to be a rather selfish innings ...)
i'm not against Dravid, i'm just for a certain degree of fairness and honesty.
anyway, lets see what happens now.

talking of sachin, his period is over. he started his cricket much earlier than most, so he reached his peak earlier, and he's reaching his end too. i'll be surprised if he even scores another 3 hundreds in his test career, let alone 5 or 6.

Last edited by hellraiser0906 : 30th November 2006 at 22:16.
Old 1st December 2006, 11:15   #80
Senior - BHPian

If Dhoni and kartik both are playing,Why is kartik not entrusted with the gloves and dhoni can be played as an allrounder since he can bowl as well.

Also kartik is a better keeper than dhoni.
Old 1st December 2006, 12:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

I found Harsha's comment quite telling - while he was commentating during the last ODI. He said something like , since I have been commentating, this is the first time that selectors probably don't have enough batsmen (read in-form) to even form a playing eleven. Such is the state of affairs.

Jadeja's assessment, though far fetched now, is worth giving a thought. He maintains that Sourav should not be included as a batsman. If he is in the team he should be captain. That is how he'll be able to contribute the most.
Old 1st December 2006, 12:16   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Jadeja's assessment, though far fetched now, is worth giving a thought. He maintains that Sourav should not be included as a batsman. If he is in the team he should be captain. That is how he'll be able to contribute the most.
I agree with Jadeja because Saurav's contribution has been more about moulding the team into a fighting unit & about strategy (mindgames et al) & bold decisions.....but as far as reality goes, it's not likely to happen is it? Certainly not at this stage......
Old 1st December 2006, 13:43   #83
BANNED

Suman@ I agree with you an the reality part -- Saurav maybe back but he aint gonna contribute much with the bat ... he definitely gave the Indian team an ATTITUDE but thats it . He still hasnt worked on his weak ness and even a lil village bowler might have him struggling forget the likes of Ntini and Co !!!

Overall its a dark patch that the Indian team is going thru but they will come out .... it happens to everybody !!! Remember what the West Indians were once upon a time .... We are just too critical of these guys , let them be -- pressure and flak aint gonna improve things, probably just make it worse ...

Soon we will be up there ... WC '07 is coming home -- lol !! Like most Indians ,.... teh experts are those who never even played cricket in their galli with a tennis ball -- !!!
Old 7th December 2006, 01:33   #84
Senior - BHPian

This had me rolling with laughter. Please be warned, this contains highly offensive language, and is not for either the faint of heart, or die-hard BCCI fans.
Old 7th December 2006, 04:28   #85
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
This had me rolling with laughter. Please be warned, this contains highly offensive language, and is not for either the faint of heart, or die-hard BCCI fans.
Now where did you get that from .....
Old 7th December 2006, 18:29   #86
Senior - BHPian

WILL GANGULY COME BACK TO THE INDIAN TEAM?

Yes he is going to be in the first test squad. We need to wait and watch how he performs in real test.

Batting at 63 along with pathan (39) in the match against rest of SA. Please note that Sachin, Shewag, Jaffer fell cheaply early on.
Old 16th December 2006, 18:33   #87
Senior - BHPian

First test match saurav ganguly 51 not out,now are his ticket's ready for the world cup ?
Old 16th December 2006, 21:50   #88
Senior - BHPian

SA 84 all out - what a sight to see the Indian bowling on the attack! Some fantastic slip catches too.

Dada seems to be playing much better than what most people credit him with. Good to see him back!
Old 16th December 2006, 23:10   #89
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, great to see him bat like he used to 2 years back. not only that , there is that fighting feeling that he has brought to this team which is invaluable.
Old 16th December 2006, 23:35   #90
ECM
BHPian

steeroid the best scene was Andrue Nel's face in 2nd inning when he was bowling he almost forgot to do his usual dirty tricks towards our batsmen,loved the way Shree looked at him all the time in his eyes when he(nel) was batting.This we miss most of time the thing calls Killer instincts,give them maximum pain specially to NEL like people who shout and show his bloody toungue for no reason .
Now little postmortum on why we fail to score but for this I shall take you in past for few examples.
2 great batsman of ours I would like to recollect one is Sunny and another is Jimmy Amarnath.one thing was common in both of them just see old matches' highlights and minutely observe this technics.When bowler was about to bowl the ball their right foot i.e the back foot used to move towards the off stump and this called shuffling towards to off stump in cricketing language.This helps a lot when you play genuine fast bowling and we all know how these two used to play Joel garner,holding,Andy roberts,Warn bun holder and Malcom Marshal.Only minus side of this technic is if you play across the line and miss you will be plub in front of wicket(LBW) so Dravid should not addopt this though people reccon him the best but the minus side of Dravid is sometimes he play too much across the line of the ball.In this era all coaches notes minute details of opposition and do homework for next match..One more example is VVS Laxman.Do you know how many times he got out caught in Gully?In last 25 innings he caught in exact fashion for min of 18 times!!Why bcoz VVS play far from his body!Now on Dada...see when you drop any player and when he makes a come back(recall Jimmy Amarnath-the best example I can give you)Jimmy was very poor in hooking the ball but he made his comeback we all know how good he was to play hooks after his return,same is still not the story for Dada though I loved all strokes of dada and fully aplauds him for the work he did in current test.My observation for Dada is see a super slowmotion of him and watch his front leg,toe is exactly pointing towards cover,practically a toe towards xtra cover is good when you shuffle in front of wicket.This kills dada's power to play onside shots.All natural lefthanders are gifted to play leg side shots(flicks like strokes) but dada is 2nd best to god to play off side shots(this was told by Sachin once for him),now more he tries to sort out his problem to face short pitch ***** more he will lose his natural stroke play towawars an off side like his old famous cover drive which was a dream to watch in past.Best way for dada is to adopt a theory of Sunny and Jimmy to get over his problem of bouncers.
Any clue why Sachin is not clicking?Only one tip for him is to use lighter bat!!You cannot play with a heavy bat on bouncy tracks,simple and straight as an arrow.
That's all,first time ever I spoke on cricket here,thanks.

Disc:-I regularly discuss such things with Harsha and Bob woolmer by mails.Bob has got his own webpage Bob Woolmer one needs to register there and can take part in his Q&A section where he replies to all members.

Last edited by ECM : 16th December 2006 at 23:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks