Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2018, 19:41   #10141
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Moving on, the Shami incident is another difficult one.
I just hope he doesn't go the Sreesanth way! He has a lot of potential but i personally find him a mixed bag, bowls a few good spells in a game & at most times is lacklustre with no real consistency.
Let's see how BCCI handles this situation in the coming months.
Old 14th March 2018, 07:03   #10142
Senior - BHPian

Shami is not up to par on fitness levels in general as fast bowlers go, and is also injury prone.

Sreesanth was a tragedy; I don't remember anyone other than Kapil Dev as far as classic delivery actions go and his was a joy to watch.

He should have slapped Harbhajan Singh right back in IPL 2008 instead of slobbering like a baby; that would have made a man of him instead of the baby he remained, which was the cause of his subsequent issues.
Old 15th March 2018, 15:06   #10143
Senior - BHPian

Mark Taylor adds some more:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ield-behaviour

"Bullying is not a bad term for it, and they're using it too much. It just keeps escalating and now it's getting out of hand."
Old 15th March 2018, 16:03   #10144
Senior - BHPian

Mark Taylor is a rare Australian captain that was also a gentleman on the field so what he says does carry weight. Chappell, who now opines on everything, was not.
Old 15th March 2018, 16:26   #10145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mark Taylor is a rare Australian captain that was also a gentleman on the field
Yeah, he was probably the only successful one. Bailey was good too for whatever time he played / captained the team.
Old 18th March 2018, 12:29   #10146
BHPian

Just saw the some highlights package of the Bangladesh-Sri Lanka match and it was amusing to see WWE type finish to the match.

The Indian players seem to be the most well behaved currently in world cricket and that I am sure that will be upsetting to Ramachandra Guha and co. God forbid if the Indian players did something even 5% of what the Bangla/SL players in that match, all heavens would have broken loose on op-ed columns and on this thread
Old 18th March 2018, 13:18   #10147
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Just saw the some highlights package of the Bangladesh-Sri Lanka match
I saw the live broadcast of the match, it was quite an exciting finish. Some unruly scenes in the last over, footage of which should help Rabada's lawyer tear into the ban handed out to him!
Old 18th March 2018, 22:42   #10148
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! Dinesh Karthik finally gets a chance and much deserved glory after he does a Javed Miandad (well almost!) for a last ball 6 to give India a win from the jaws of defeat.

Bangladesh continue to retain their record of never beating India in a T20 international game.

Last edited by NPV : 18th March 2018 at 22:45.
Old 18th March 2018, 22:46   #10149
Senior - BHPian

What a match!!
Shankar literally lost it for us and then DK storm happened.. one of the best matches and innings I have seen. Great great win. No sadness for bangladesh because they thoroughly deserve this heartbreak considering their ridiculous behaviour in the last match.

Last edited by SDP : 19th March 2018 at 08:17. Reason: Please do not use SMS language in the posts. Changed cos to because
Old 18th March 2018, 23:23   #10150
PPS
Senior - BHPian

By far the most exciting finish in recent years. With 34 needed of 2 overs, was getting ready to see the naagin dance but Dinesh Karthik had other plans.

Vijay Shankar did his career a lot of harm with that batting today, luckily Karthik came good & he did not turn out to be the villain in the innings.
Washington Sundar was the find of the series, looks to be an intelligent bowler who bowls good line & length.

Also, this DSport was the most atrocious broadcast I've seen in the last 2 decades.
Old 19th March 2018, 06:56   #10151
Senior - BHPian

I have also wondered for some time now why Karthik isn't in the white ball team regularly as even just a batsman. He has a lot more imagination and skill than Pandey for sure. And is still faster than some younger ones on the field.

As to DD Sport, less said the better. Like Air India and 99% of PSUs. Governments should not be in business, other than basic physical infrastructure construction. There is neither the competence nor the accountability in either politicians or bureaucrats, to run them to contemporary standards.
Old 19th March 2018, 08:32   #10152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
By far the most exciting finish in recent years. With 34 needed of 2 overs, was getting ready to see the naagin dance but Dinesh Karthik had other plans.
Yes... with 2 overs to go and Pandey back in the hut, I was sure of a Bangladesh win. For any batsmen coming and start with hitting would be difficult, but Dinesh did that yesterday and saved the match. In the first place, DK should've come before Vijay Shankar IMO to avoid even getting into such a tense situation. but I hadn't seen much of Vijay before this series; so thought that the team would know better. Anyway, whatever happened, it made for an exciting match.

Quote:
Vijay Shankar did his career a lot of harm with that batting today, luckily Karthik came good & he did not turn out to be the villain in the innings.
Washington Sundar was the find of the series, looks to be an intelligent bowler who bowls good line & length.
What Vijay has done is, he has ensured Pandya a longer run!!
Washington Sundar reminds me of Ashwin.

Quote:
Also, this DSport was the most atrocious broadcast I've seen in the last 2 decades.
Not that I liked it, but can you tell me why you say Atrocious! I saw that sometimes they started the commercial break immediately after the catch is taken. But Ten sports, Sony Six also do that and I absolutely hate it. Only Star sports is good is this respect. Otherwise I'm interested to understand what was so bad with DSports.

Quote:
As to DD Sport, less said the better. Like Air India and 99% of PSUs. Governments should not be in business, other than basic physical infrastructure construction. There is neither the competence nor the accountability in either politicians or bureaucrats, to run them to contemporary standards.
I guess you've mixed up here. The relay was on Dsport and Not DD Sports. D sport is part of Discovery network and DD is the state-owned Doordarshan
Old 19th March 2018, 08:49   #10153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I guess you've mixed up here. The relay was on Dsport and Not DD Sports. D sport is part of Discovery network and DD is the state-owned Doordarshan
Match (when India played, including yesterday final) was live on both DSport as well as DD sports. Some DTH operator may not have DSport. Hathway has both channels. For some reason DSport has audio unusually high compared other sports channels.
Old 19th March 2018, 09:23   #10154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Match (when India played, including yesterday final) was live on both DSport as well as DD sports. Some DTH operator may not have DSport. Hathway has both channels. For some reason DSport has audio unusually high compared other sports channels.
I know it was on DD sports as well; which is because of an SC order. DDsports will only transmit live uninterrupted feed which it receives from Dsport on its own DTH-Free Dish.

PPS wrote that Dsport broadcast was bad and Sawyer wrote that less said the better about DD sports. That's why I wrote that maybe Sawyer has mixed up the names
Old 19th March 2018, 09:43   #10155
Senior - BHPian

Awesome hitting from DK. I was wondering yesterday which IPL team would have bought Vijay Shankar He has more than a point to prove now.

DK should be the answer for the now fast waning hitting skills of MS Dhoni. In fact, he or Raina should bat in the lower middle order. It is not only about this match, but he does not seem to get an extended run. It is all good for trying our the Jadhavs and Pandeys, but they are nothing more than a flash in the pan; maybe a little more in the IPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
No sadness for bangladesh because they thoroughly deserve this heartbreak considering their ridiculous behaviour in the last match.
Well, their behaviour has been quite atrocious for years now. Be it the fans or the players. Remember the morphed pics with Dhoni's head cut off? Or the Mushfiqur episode? Or the 2015 world cup brouhaha? Or many others...

It is one thing to needle other people and completely something else to be a constant pain up everyone else's backside. They seem to suffer from a massive inferiority complex. With the exception of Fizz, almost every other player seems to have visible attitude problems. It may be to cover up for the gap in talent compared to other players across countries.

In short their behaviour in the last match was so bad that they managed to rile even the usually calm Lankans. Almost every Lankan was seen yesterday supporting the Indians and doing the naagin dance. Where and why did that start off with?!! I know it was some player but it is an eyesore. Almost makes me miss the gangnam style windies celebrations from a few years ago.

In other news, a final farewell to Kevin Pietersen who announced his retirement.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...e-last-goodbye

The key player in most of England's memorable test wins in between 2005 and 2013. If a team were ever to be selected based on which players the opposition fears most, I am sure his name would be up there with the Sehwags and De Villiers of the world. If only he had got into his issues witH ECB before the 2012 India tour, we wouldnt have lost that one.
Thanks for the memories KP

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th March 2018 at 09:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks