Re: The Cricket Thread

they should stop wasting reviews when Bumrah is bowling
Old 30th August 2018, 16:03   #10637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
he may be really good bowler, but absolutely no excuse for overstepping. especially when you suffered the same fate in your previous matches!
i don't know what the bowling coach is doing with Bumrah!
Old 30th August 2018, 16:07   #10638
Team-BHP Support

Was it Bumrah who no-balled in the Champions Trophy final and the batter got a ton?
Old 30th August 2018, 16:16   #10639
BHPian

The ball is moving quite a bit in the air and off the deck. Bhuvi would have been handy in such conditions.
Old 30th August 2018, 16:46   #10640
Distinguished - BHPian

3 down now . Nice to see Indian seamers making the ball talk. Root would have liked to lose the toss.
Old 30th August 2018, 18:05   #10641
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
If not now then when do we give these young guns an opportunity?
West Indies are touring India soon. That should be the ideal time!

Quote:
Don't think the review is wasted if its a no-ball.
Time has come for Jaipur Police to once again come up with that ad/slogan & rub it in till he improves!
Old 30th August 2018, 18:34   #10642
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Luckily the life that Buttler got before lunch (Pant dropped the catch behind the stumps) did not prove too costly and Buttler was out after lunch. Now England are 5 down, hope we can wipe out the other half by end of day.

Last edited by NPV : 30th August 2018 at 18:35.
Old 30th August 2018, 22:42   #10643
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I think England got a decent score in the end, Sam Curran again to their rescue, will this prove costly for India ? Fingers crossed.

Will be a few testing overs for Indian openers, hope they manage to keep their wickets intact, else it may lead to another batting disaster tomorrow.

Edit:India end day 1 on 19 without loss just need to keep wickets tomorrow and get those big runs along the way, easier said than done. 350-400 should be a decent score I reckon.

Last edited by NPV : 30th August 2018 at 23:04.
Old 30th August 2018, 22:52   #10644
Team-BHP Support

Below 150 and England would've been dead and buried barring a spectacular India collapse.

250 is decent and India will need to do well to bat them out of the game now. First hour crucial tomorrow.
Old 31st August 2018, 00:37   #10645
BHPian

The Cricket Thread

After being 86/6, 240+ isn't a bad score but I still feel that India is slightly ahead in the game. It can quite easily be reckoned that in the last 30-35 overs the pitch had eased out a lot. India made hay while the sun shone.

Let's hope that Curran's innings doesn't prove to be a matching winning one, yet again.

I seriously hope that India puts up a total in the vicinity of 350-400 runs and then it's game ON!
Old 31st August 2018, 03:25   #10646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
After being 86/6, 240+ isn't a bad score but I still feel that India is slightly ahead in the game. It can quite easily be reckoned that in the last 30-35 overs the pitch had eased out a lot. India made hay while the sun shone.

Let's hope that Curran's innings doesn't prove to be a matching winning one, yet again.

I seriously hope that India puts up a total in the vicinity of 350-400 runs and then it's game ON!
The English would be happy with 240. At 86/6, even 150 looked daunting. Also, didn't think the pitch eased out, the ball kept moving throughout. Think India has their noses slightly ahead, yet a couple of wickets change that. Remember England has posted a score, we need to get atleast 300 to stay in the game. I seriously hope the batters come good.

I had talked about Bumrah - He no balled again, I wonder what the bowling coach is doing with him? We didn't pay for it this time. A tough coach would have made sure he corrects it and then comes back, but hey, our coaches just mollycoddle our players. Specially, when it's their favorites, who cares, if we lost the Champions Trophy final because of that!

Also, it seems Kohli keeps losing the plot when 2 batsmen start going steady, or maybe there is still too little evidence of that. I hope it gets better. Batting wise, it would be down to him, again.
Old 31st August 2018, 09:39   #10647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Also, didn't think the pitch eased out, the ball kept moving throughout. Think India has their noses slightly ahead, yet a couple of wickets change that.
I saw the last session yesterday and it did look a lot easier for batting. In the first session, the ball swung more in the air than movement off the deck. Once the ball got old, batting was much easier. I think Curran played beautifully. Showed good intent and made batting look easy. For India, the key will be the first 25 odd overs. If they can see off that period with just 1 or 2 down, I think we are looking at a big score.

For me the highlight was how Bumrah swung the ball. He was never a swing bowler, but he seems to have developed the ball that swings into the left hander. The ball that got Jennings was such a beauty!!
Old 31st August 2018, 10:17   #10648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Also, it seems Kohli keeps losing the plot when 2 batsmen start going steady, or maybe there is still too little evidence of that.
Well, Indian bowling doesn't have an answer yet for Curran. Can't blame only Kohli for that. The positive take away is Indian bowlers have handled the rest of 10 batsmen well
Old 31st August 2018, 10:33   #10649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Don't think the review is wasted if its a no-ball.
Got it! Though we still end up wasting time and Kohli will get demerit points for slow over rate.
This is where we miss Jadeja running through his overs. It would have been a good pitch for him, but the question is whom would he replace in this team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Well, Indian bowling doesn't have an answer yet for Curran. Can't blame only Kohli for that. The positive take away is Indian bowlers have handled the rest of 10 batsmen well
On live commentary yesterday when the Moeen - Curran partnership neared 50, one of the Indian commentators mentioned that Kohli was heard telling his bowlers to focus on keeping it tight. Decent thought, but I hoped he would go for the wickets at 120 odd for 6.
They should have been restricted to 180 - 190 from 86/6. 50 runs extra given away; which I hope the England bowlers return to us today.

Ideally we make 400 and get a target less than 100 on a 4th day pitch.
Old 31st August 2018, 10:38   #10650
BHPian

Quote:
On live commentary yesterday when the Moeen - Curran partnership neared 50, one of the Indian commentators mentioned that Kohli was heard telling his bowlers to focus on keeping it tight. Decent thought, but I hoped he would go for the wickets at 120 odd for 6.
The batsmen lower down are attacking by nature and will throw their wickets away if runs dry up. They are not the ones that will hang around.

Bowling tight lines is not necessarily a defensive tactic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks