Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 23:07   #1066
Team-BHP Support

I don't know about the scene in pubs around the country, but, the "not so well to do" class had a great time near my place. The Ganpati pandal organisers in this area had placed a huge screen just outside the pandal. A huge crowd had gathered with Indian flags, drums, crackers and all. They went berserk every time a Pakistani wicket fell. Amazing scenes!
Old 24th September 2007, 23:08   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Wonder what Mr musharaff must be wondering...Iam sure he must have tprn his hair out by now.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:14   #1068
BHPian

BTW, Ravi Shastri said during the presentation ceremony that BCCI has declared a prize of sum $2Million for the Indian team and Rs.1 Crore for Yuvraj for all his mighty sixes.

Good going Champs!
Old 24th September 2007, 23:23   #1069
Team-BHP Support

Oh... so the thread has more or less calmed down now. Two observations
1. India won the match against Australia and board promptly declared a 1 million dollar bounty for them. Today they won the cup and board announced another 2 million dollars! And 1 crore for Yuvy. Whew! I guess the board can sniff the money flowing back in. They had started panicking in the last 6-8 months.

2. Misbah looked like he committed suicide when he played that silly looking shot when all they needed was just 6 runs of 4 b@lls. But then there is another aspect to it. It was the last wicket stand. Misbah was not sure if he took a run and went on the other side whether Asif will be able to rotate the strike or even stay put. So either he had to hit the b@ll out of the ground or else take a couple of runs. With all the fielders so close in 2 runs was not on the cards, so he tried to improvise and perished. So it was not so much stupid on his part as it was desperation. It was a tough choice. And it was not Misbah who gifted us the trophy (as someone said earlier) but we forced him into it.

Last edited by Zappo : 24th September 2007 at 23:26.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:26   #1070
Team-BHP Support

i think its all fixed but great match it was..
cheers both the teams.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:34   #1071
Senior - BHPian

WE HAVE WON. Wonder what will happen to the Big 3 of indian cricket. Hope they will play against Aussies and Pakis. As this team has proved they are best talented. But the temperment and technique will have to be judged. As these players are not experienced in longer versions of game.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:40   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Wow, congrats India! Well played, Pakistan.

Now I guess we'll have to see Yuvraj Singh's ugly mug pester us into buying things even more.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:48   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
cheers both the teams.
Ohh Jaggu, please give the guys a break, from no angle it looked fixed..
Only 3 things matter now,
1. We won,
2. we won and
3. we won...
Yoo hoooooo..
Old 24th September 2007, 23:50   #1074
BHPian

Would ya believe that!! We are the champs. And what else it was an amazing match! India have won without the 3 wisemen as well. With Dravid there or any other sane cricketer i'm sure Joginder would not play at all, leave alone the last over. So all credit to Dhoni. After all he drives a sports bike! and that carefree, express yourself attitude shows.(btw anyone sent him an invite to tbhp yet? )
Old 25th September 2007, 00:31   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
IMO Pakistan DESERVED to win after being in the dumps. It was some brilliant batting that got them back in the hunt and so close to that elusive win. Indian's are getting into this habit of letting go of tight situations in favour of the opposition. India were LUCKY that Misbah found the fielder and not the fence.
Rahul - Trust me on this, if you were in Delhi, I would have come down right now to your place to beat the crap out of you! Count your lucky stars that you're very far away from here!

P.S. I absolutely love Dhoni's attitude!! "We are here to have fun & I don't care if we lose" That's the way to go my man! We are all very proud of you & your team, keep up the good work!

We wait for more such victories with baited breath in the future!
Old 25th September 2007, 00:42   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cheers both the teams
Quote:
IMO Pakistan DESERVED to win after being in the dumps. It was some brilliant batting that got them back in the hunt and so close to that elusive win. Indian's are getting into this habit of letting go of tight situations in favour of the opposition. India were LUCKY that Misbah found the fielder and not the fence.
Oh Come on guys ,what matters is that WE WON.!!
Now Cut them some slack and just appreciate there effort.

Cheers.
Old 25th September 2007, 00:42   #1077
BHPian

i 2nd Iraghava's opinion...Pakistan didnt deserve to win, not after throwing away such crucial wickets like that...it was only Misbah that fought back for a losing side and brought them ever so close...

great victory, lads...Dhoni has dumped one on all his and the team's nay sayers! a world cup victory has been 24 years in the making, and it only proves that the youngsters' josh really has a lot more mettle than age and experience.

what a victory for us on the world sport stage that I think really complements India's breaking out on the global stage as a whole!!

GO INDIA!!
Old 25th September 2007, 00:47   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah, forgot to add, Dhoni seems to be a good captain, and a genuinely nice guy. Not to mention the RD350 he has.
Old 25th September 2007, 01:04   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Team-India,well done.
Old 25th September 2007, 01:08   #1080
BHPian

Couldn't watch the match, stuck in pouring rain on an effing flyover for 4 hours!! :(

Well played India - nobody had any expectations from this team, and that's perhaps the reason why they played in such a carefree manner and won!! All kudos the Dhoni and his boys!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks