Bottom row 5th from left is our own Anil Kumble without a doubt
Old 3rd January 2019, 21:17   #11342
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Definitely Anil Kumble.
Last one on the bottom row looks like Shakib Al Hasan.
Old 3rd January 2019, 21:22   #11343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
Definitely Anil Kumble.
Last one on the bottom row looks like Shakib Al Hasan.
If you look closely, his bowling arm is actually tucked somewhere near his armpit. The outstretched part which looks like the bowling arm is part of Santa's cap or hair or beard

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 3rd January 2019 at 21:24.
Old 3rd January 2019, 21:35   #11344
Senior - BHPian

First row:
1. Bumrah 3. Bret Lee 5. Mushtaq Ahmed 6. Malinga

Second row:
1. Kapil Dev 3. Akhtar 4. Akram 5. Kumble

Last edited by thoma : 3rd January 2019 at 21:38.
Old 3rd January 2019, 21:40   #11345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
If you look closely, his bowling arm is actually tucked somewhere near his armpit. The outstretched part which looks like the bowling arm is part of Santa's cap or hair or beard
oh yes... that's what confused me. Then it's srinath.
Below is what i could recognize
The Cricket Thread-photogrid_1546531708491.jpg

Edit:
Replace Shaun Pollock with Merv Hughes, replace Javagal Srinath with Graeme swann and Jadeja with Johnson

The Cricket Thread-hughes.jpeg

The Cricket Thread-swann.jpeg

The Cricket Thread-johnson.jpeg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 3rd January 2019 at 22:08.
Old 3rd January 2019, 22:08   #11346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh yes... that's what confused me. Then it's srinath.
Below is what i could recognize
Attachment 1833321
Agree with all the others except that I feel row 1 last is Shaun Tait
Attached Images

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 3rd January 2019 at 22:13.
Old 3rd January 2019, 22:58   #11347
Team-BHP Support

#6 (top right image) is Jeff Thomson!

Photo courtesy Fairfax Photos.

The Cricket Thread-jt.jpg

#4 is Merv Hughes, the bowling hand is the giveaway. His delivery stride is near-identical to Malcolm Marshall except the hand position (Marshall's is further up near his chin).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd January 2019 at 23:08.
Old 4th January 2019, 05:32   #11348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I am also looking forward to see how the Aussie batsmen handle Kuldeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
True. Historically this has been a strong batting track with the team batting first putting up a decent score; and with Australia even doing well many times batting second.
So one of the optimistic Australian commentators was hoping for this scenario (ignoring the impact of the Indian bowlers completely); which probably is the working "plan" of the Auz team - that India is restricted to a sub-400 score, and Australia puts up a ~650 score and then try to get Indians under 250 to win the match. Historically they have done this a few times and won such matches.

The only possibility that Australia has any chance of not losing this series is dependent on how quickly they get the remaining 6 wickets. If India is able to bat out most of today, the series is ours (irrespective of the result of Sydney test match)

Last edited by ninjatalli : 4th January 2019 at 05:45.
Old 4th January 2019, 10:04   #11349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So one of the optimistic Australian commentators was hoping for this scenario (ignoring the impact of the Indian bowlers completely); which probably is the working "plan" of the Auz team - that India is restricted to a sub-400 score, and Australia puts up a ~650 score and then try to get Indians under 250 to win the match. Historically they have done this a few times and won such matches.
With their current batting order I would be surprised if they total 600 across both innings. Forget 1.
Aussie commentators have always been jingoistic. Historically they had the team to allow them that luxury. I think most of us wanted India to win there (or any other team to beat them) just to shut up or reduce their jingoism.

As it goes, I would prefer scoring 650 declared and then seeing what they do. But it looks likelier that we will give them 15 overs or so to bat today. As I post we have 33 overs left in day, minus 2 for the change (what a stupid rule!). So we bat another 15 overs and add around 75 to our 493/6, so that should be 550+
600 would be great and we do have Pant and Jadeja at the crease to make merry (with Shami to follow).

Last edited by selfdrive : 4th January 2019 at 10:08.
Old 4th January 2019, 10:36   #11350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
As it goes, I would prefer scoring 650 declared and then seeing what they do. But it looks likelier that we will give them 15 overs or so to bat today. As I post we have 33 overs left in day, minus 2 for the change (what a stupid rule!). So we bat another 15 overs and add around 75 to our 493/6, so that should be 550+
600 would be great and we do have Pant and Jadeja at the crease to make merry (with Shami to follow).
My guess (or rather my wish) is they declare in another 2-3 overs with ~550 on the board; and 20 odd overs to get a few wickets. The hosts are dead tired; it's clearly seen on the field; prime for us to get at least two or three wickets today.

Everyone's expecting a declaration any minute; the camera pans out to Kohli every over! While he's emulating KaptainKool aware of this
Old 4th January 2019, 11:12   #11351
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
My guess (or rather my wish) is they declare in another 2-3 overs with ~550 on the board; and 20 odd overs to get a few wickets. The hosts are dead tired; it's clearly seen on the field; prime for us to get at least two or three wickets today.

Everyone's expecting a declaration any minute; the camera pans out to Kohli every over! While he's emulating KaptainKool aware of this
586/6 now with 17 overs remaining in the day. Jadeja batting on 65 and Pant on 140.

Now they will wait for Pant to get his 150, followed by the wait for Jadeja to get to his 100. Then a wait for Pant to get to his 200.

Declaration might come at lunchtime tomorrow.

EDIT: Jadeja just creamed 4 boundries in a Pat Cummins over, so he is more likely to get to his hundred first. 602/6.

EDIT 2: Kohli is not in his whites yet.

Last edited by Oxy : 4th January 2019 at 11:16.
Old 4th January 2019, 11:25   #11352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Declaration might come at lunchtime tomorrow.

EDIT: Jadeja just creamed 4 boundries in a Pat Cummins over, so he is more likely to get to his hundred first. 602/6.

EDIT 2: Kohli is not in his whites yet.
Yea, the entire team is not in their whites. Plus we have been scoring at ~6 an over since tea; looks like we are going to bat the day out; hopefully tiring out the Auzzies mentally and physically.

It would be foolish to continue batting tomorrow; the lesser we give time for the following innings; the chances of a draw goes higher compared to an outright win. Unless Kohli and team know something more (wrt to the bowling attack) than the commentators and the Australian team; both who have looked/mentioned at the dressing room multiple times!
Old 4th January 2019, 11:37   #11353
Senior - BHPian

We declared at 622/7. Very kind of Jadeja to give up on his century and end the misery.

I absolutely loved the partnership; 200+ runs at almost 5.5 runs an over. Ruthless batting and the delayed declaration should be enough to seal the series for us.

I hope the Aussies are kind enough to ship back a couple of wickets today. I do hope/expect that we dismiss them and bat again instead of enforcing the follow on. Unless they become too kind and get dismissed by tomorrow.
Old 4th January 2019, 11:46   #11354
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional performance by India. The declaration was perhaps a touch delayed, but I suppose the wait was for Jadeja to register three figures.

2 centurions in this match, and if Agarwal and Jadeja had played with a little extra patience it would have been 4!

Meanwhile the Aussies are yet to score a century this series!

Great to see the Indian team dominate Australia in their own back yard! It's been a long time coming.

And for those who say that it would have been a different story with Smith, Warner and Bancroft in the team, we should bear in mind that 5 out of the playing 11 in the Indian team have very little to no experience playing test matches. We are just as fresh as they are!
Old 4th January 2019, 12:11   #11355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
And for those who say that it would have been a different story with Smith, Warner and Bancroft in the team, we should bear in mind that 5 out of the playing 11 in the Indian team have very little to no experience playing test matches. We are just as fresh as they are!
The difference has been Pujara. If not for him and Ashwin batting well on Day 1 of the 1st test (where all others batted like millionaires), we would have been 1-0 down going to Perth.

Of course, wherever he batted well we won. Exception being Perth where he made 24 & 4

As I type, Pant has dropped 1 catch. Looks like the idea of tiring them out has also tired some of the own team. A wicket or 3 today would be the icing on the cake. Looking forward to Kuldeep bowling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks