Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 01:25   #12631
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

I don't think there's too much to differentiate between Saini & Natarajan, but India should have picked Natarajan as he can add some variety as a left are seamer.

What has Rohit done to replace Pujara as vice-captain? Does scoring 3 hundreds against South Africa in India will give you the vice captaincy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Mayank has been a consistent opener, and that is rare for India. Should not have been dropped after 2 bad games.
Mayank has looked out of place so far, I think it'd be good to give him a break.
Quote:
And India will continue to play 5 bowlers including Sir Jadeja....Does Mayank return for England's tour of India?
I think India should think KLR + Gill long term as test openers. If KLR is not interested in playing tests, screw it and NEVER select him in the test squad again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Remember player called Murali Vijay?
Sorry, but I think Vijay's days are long gone. He has just not shown the temperament he once had, even in the previous tour to Australia.
Old 7th January 2021, 05:20   #12632
Distinguished - BHPian

First blood, warner can be extremely dangerous. Well done Siraj.
Old 7th January 2021, 05:53   #12633
Senior - BHPian

I don't mind Mayank being dropped. I think the reason here is not his inability to score, but the fact that Australia seem to have figured out a flaw in his technique to exploit.

Whether Rohit is a like to like replacement? I don't know.
Old 7th January 2021, 10:35   #12634
Senior - BHPian

Pant's keeping is still not up to the mark. If Hanuma doesn't make some serious contribution in this game, Pant should be relegated to batsman only and Saha should take the gloves for the last test. Indians need to take every chance they get to support the relatively inexperienced bowling attack.

Pant should improve his keeping to be a test regular. Saha is 36 and his days are definitely numbered.
Old 7th January 2021, 11:24   #12635
Senior - BHPian

BCCI President Sourav Ganguly discharged from Woodlands Hospital in Kolkata. He says, "I thank the doctors at the hospital for the treatment. I am absolutely fine."

The Cricket Thread-20210107_112254.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 12:50   #12636
PPS
Senior - BHPian

SCG looks like a flat slowish pitch with not much zip for the bowlers! Bowlers will have to work extra hard. Not sure how much of rain is predicted in next few days, draw could be a possibility if we bat well.

Btw, since Saha is ageing & management doesn't have much confidence in him its time to take a look at Ishan Kishen perhaps. He doesn't keep wickets in the IPL due to DeKock, but surely he'd be better than Pant!
Old 7th January 2021, 13:05   #12637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Btw, since Saha is ageing & management doesn't have much confidence in him its time to take a look at Ishan Kishen perhaps. He doesn't keep wickets in the IPL due to DeKock, but surely he'd be better than Pant!
Bharath seems to be next in line after Pant.
Old 7th January 2021, 14:28   #12638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He isn't a good batsman anyways. You can only improve if you play. Management should stop this musical chairs and give Pant a longer rope to improve his keeping skills. Ishan Kishan and Samson aren't great keepers anyways so we don't have many choices. Saha is 36 so no point investing more time with him.

This pitch looks like a road so if we manage to keep them under 350 that will be an achievement. Let's see how much rain plays spoilsport tomorrow.

Also BCCI has officially refused to play at Gabba. Another controversy brewing up.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2021 at 20:17. Reason: SMS lingo
Old 7th January 2021, 14:38   #12639
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He was in the reckoning a year back, but with no domestic cricket being played in past many months + Ishan Kishan's exploits in the IPL, he seems to be forgotten now. Not too sure about his batting exploits though. I think team management will go back to Saha for the England Tests next month.
Old 7th January 2021, 16:28   #12640
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a flat pitch. If our batsmen could see through the first session without loss of more than just a couple of wickets, we can hope to bat long enough for saving the match.

It also seems the best opportunity for Rohit to get in the groove considering he would be opening the innings.
Old 7th January 2021, 18:57   #12641
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Pant's benevolent wicket keeping gifted Pucovski a good debut inning , and the Aussies are going at a good rate so looks like they're headed to a 350+ score and in good time, will likely put pressure on Indian batting, let's see. Weather gods willing, hopefully this will be a good game. Centuries for both Labuschagne and Smith on the cards ?

Last edited by NPV : 7th January 2021 at 19:01.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:06   #12642
Distinguished - BHPian

Has been a good time so far for India. 3 wickets in first session and 3 in the half session so far. Denied Labuschagne a century. But smith going well notching up his 27th test ton and 8th against india (highest and fastest to that against India). If India take the remaining 2 wickets by tea Smith's innings may not become big. The pitch is a beauty to bat on. Rohit should love it.

That last over before tea of Saini vs Starc wonderful. The ball slipped out of Saini's hands and went full at head height far outside off. Starc was really unhappy even though Saini apologised. Then with that adrenaline rush he hit a six 2 balls later. He wanted to stare at Saini but Saini just went back. Then he swung at the next two balls and he got out. That ball slipping out really helped in the end!!

Edit: Amazing direct hit from Jadeja to end the australian innings along with his 4 wickets. 338 is not a big score considering that it's flat deck.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 8th January 2021 at 09:21.
Old 8th January 2021, 09:24   #12643
BHPian

Good performance by the bowlers and fielders, except those simpler misses by Pant.

Now it's upto our batsmen to hang around and bat with intent to surpass the total. If we get around 450 by 4th Day 1st session then there is a possibility of a win.

Looking forward a century by Pujara, long due now. Also a good aggressive 75 each by Pant and Jadeja.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th January 2021 at 12:32. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 8th January 2021, 09:26   #12644
KPR
BANNED

Jadeja has taken 5 wickets. 4 from his bowling and one from his fielding. I think SM must be feeling guilty for what he has said every moment Jadeja is in action.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:28   #12645
Senior - BHPian

Great bowling today. To get 8 wickets for 132 runs is brilliant. Smith was fantastic. Rahane missed a trick when he brought jaddu in attack first time in 43rd over. His 4 wickets today shows he should bowl sooner. And Smith run out was fantastic as he wasn't looking to get out any other way.

Hopefully Rohit and Gill can build up on good start.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks