Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:17   #13846
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

A good move to play Jadeja at 5. He is good when given opportunities as a batsman. Already has 3 triple centuries in the domestic circuit so definitely has good technique. In the last few test matches he was left alone to play with the tail enders. Now he has got an opportunity of a life time to prove he is more than just a "tits & bits" player in the team.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:20   #13847
Team-BHP Support

And we have a night watchman in the first session of the match.....
Eddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:51   #13848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I watched Kohli talk with a great deal of eloquence on why the team lost today.
Kohli is a master at that. Probably Kohli is the most losing captain, considering RCB performance and in each of those matches, he knows exactly what didn't work . I believe personal equations matters for Kohli than match results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
The manner in which we lost should wake up the captain and coach and at least now they should think about their playing 11.
And,

1. Make Pant realize he's not playing T20 game
2. Bring in at least 1 of the reserve batsment to the middle order
3. Don't make the blunder of leaving out the best off spinner in the world from the playing 11.
None taken. Captain & coach believe the current playing 11 can win the match on their day and cricket fans are waiting for that day
msdivy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 18:03   #13849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
And we have a night watchman in the first session of the match.....
Although I disagree with your view, I admit your quote is truly hilarious
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:06   #13850
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

117/6 after Kohli and Rahane are out, so unless Pant and the bowlers do some lower order magic, we will bundle out for < 200 in which case it will become an uphill task to save this test, leave alone win!
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:23   #13851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
117/6 after Kohli and Rahane are out, so unless Pant and the bowlers do some lower order magic, we will bundle out for < 200 in which case it will become an uphill task to save this test, leave alone win!
We dont learn from our mistakes.
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:32   #13852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
We dont learn from our mistakes.
We do. Kohli and Shastri don't.
World no.2 ranked bowler is warming the bench whole series. Pujara and Rahane are below par since long, they still keep playing in the 11. Talented guys like Mayank, Vihari and Sky are again warming the bench.

Playing 5 bowlers when your batting is so weak makes no sense. Then you make statements boldly we don't need a no.7 batsman and then mess up again and again. I am glad Shastri is leaving after World cup. We need the next coach to have the guts of playing the players who merit the place.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2021 at 17:31. Reason: Family friendly words used
harry10 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:38   #13853
Distinguished - BHPian

Today’s play shows what happens when the Captain of the team thinks more of himself and his ego than the team he is representing. It doesn’t help that the coach is the cocky Shastri who feeds off Kohli’s misadventures instead of course correction. It is times like these when an Anil Kumble is missed dearly. But then who cares as long as we keep winning on Indian pitches and IPL makes money !!

Quote:
We need the next coach to have the guts of playing the players who merit the place.
We had Kumble doing exactly that and we all know the result, don’t we ??

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 2nd September 2021 at 21:02.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:52   #13854
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
We need the next coach to have the guts of playing the players who merit the place.
Highly unlikely since it seems like they will appoint Vikram Rathore as the Chief coach, he's already batting coach with this outfit currently.

Pant goes and India tottering at 128/7 and as usual we will expect our bowlers to get us another 50+ runs

Edit:Shardul gets a 50, our top 5 need to learn from these underrated players.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd September 2021 at 21:21.
Old 2nd September 2021, 21:13   #13855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Highly unlikely since it seems like they will appoint Vikram Rathore as the Chief coach, he's already batting coach with this outfit currently.

Pant goes and India tottering at 128/7 and as usual we will expect out bowlers to get us another 50+ runs
Ganguly is getting a taste of his own medicine

In India, captains or super stars have a bigger say in coach selection. Kohli wont like anyone who says blatantly that he isnt doing good or to bring about a change in the set culture.

Unless Ganguly puts his foot down and appoints someone who wouldnt be a puppet.
Old 2nd September 2021, 21:33   #13856
BHPian

My mind isn't able to comprehend what has happened in the last 15 minutes
Lord Thakur delivering a performance as per his name
Also, if I am correct, this is the Fastest Test 50 in England

Last edited by quantobigboot : 2nd September 2021 at 21:48. Reason: Adding Stat
Old 2nd September 2021, 21:57   #13857
Senior - BHPian

And we continue from where we left in last test. Thankfully, Shardul played a T20 knock and helped India reach some respectable score. Not a big fan of his bowling but his batting has rescued India on multiple occasions now

Just play Ashwin for god's sake. He would be a better bat than few of the mainstream ones. Even if he doesnt fire with the bat, atleast his bowling can help. Its baffling to see him warming the bench. Its the batting lineup which needed a change but our captain ended up changing bowlers and still leaving Ashwin out

Edit : Good to see Bumrah firing. Hope we are able to make a match out of this and don't get humiliated like last one.

Last edited by SoumenD : 2nd September 2021 at 22:22.
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:01   #13858
Team-BHP Support

And in comes Root. Will the law of averages catch up with him?
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:23   #13859
BHPian

I am rooting for Bumrah to uproot ROOT for his 100th test victim
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 08:58   #13860
Senior - BHPian

New day, old mistakes. I wouldn't care about 36 a.o. if it is a once in a decade occurrence;

I fail to see why Rahane still made it to the side. While I'm a big fan of Rahane, it is time to give Hanuma Vihari a decent run now. Rahane has to prove his worth by playing a season county cricket/or first class cricket during the off-season (Similar to Ashwin and Pujara who also don't play limited overs internationals)

I feel India has got the mental edge in this game due to the counter attack by Thakur and Umesh Yadav dismissing Root. Let's hope India can dismiss rest of English and bat long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Not a big fan of his bowling but his batting has rescued India on multiple occasions now
Sure, he looks very pedestrian and non-threatening. Neither does he sharp accuracy, express pace or bounce. But I guess there are subtle and clever variations hidden behind those innocuous looking deliveries. His FC record is very good, if a bit expensive. (=Run leaking wicket taker)

I'm a keyboard warriror here. He may play for a long time, especially when a pace bowling all-rounder (4th pacer) is required OR opposition team analysts may decode his bowling and he may become a forgotten commodity.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 3rd September 2021 at 09:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks