Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 14:59   #14356
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Kohli is not a T20 player. There are better T20 players who can fill that slot. Kohli is a fantastic ODI and Test player but a very poor T20 player.
Kohli is an accumulator of runs & fits an anchor's role perfectly. He has a good T20 record as pointed out. He isn't a big hitter like Buttler or Roy. In the IPL he's surrounded by swashbuckling players like ABD & Maxwell so there isn't that much pressure on him to play the big shots. The WI team is also filled with big hitters but hasn't been successful in the T20WC so far, so they have brought in Ronston Chase who plays more of an anchors role & has been successful in the CPL. Basically you can't have too many anchors in the playing XI & that too batting together like - Rohit,Virat or Shreyas Iyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
On a Side note I hope selectors aren't thinking of making Rohit captain now. He has been below average with bat since sometime and age isn't on his side. We need someone young for T20 Captaincy just like in 2007 we chose the young Dhoni. Maybe a Shreyas Iyer or a Rishabh Pant who are aggressive players and thinkers.
I agree with you but next T20WC is only a year away & selectors will look for a quick fix solution keeping in mind Rohit's record in the IPL. Unfortunately Shreyas Iyer hasn't cemented his place in the team & Pant has been more successful in Tests than T20s.

Quote:
Edit -
KL Rahul has is expected to Captain for NZ series. His Captaincy with Punjab was quite poor but I hope he does well with India.
KL doesn't seem to enjoy IPL captaincy, its better we let him concentrate on his batting. Ideally he should also be rested for this series. Let Dhawan captain a second string team, this anyways is an inconsequential T20 series. Team Management should ensure all their energy is concentrated towards winning Test Series in SA!
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:21   #14357
Team-BHP Support

Each player in the current team has a role:

- Rohit: Start cautiously but hit out after being set.
- KL, Pant, Hardik, SKY: Start hitting from ball 1.
- Kohli: Anchor the innings.

Had everyone been consistent with their roles, we would have been doing much better. No point in blaming Kohli alone.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:30   #14358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

I agree with you but next T20WC is only a year away & selectors will look for a quick fix solution keeping in mind Rohit's record in the IPL. Unfortunately Shreyas Iyer hasn't cemented his place in the team & Pant has been more successful in Tests than T20s.

KL doesn't seem to enjoy IPL captaincy, its better we let him concentrate on his batting. Ideally he should also be rested for this series. Let Dhawan captain a second string team, this anyways is an inconsequential T20 series. Team Management should ensure all their energy is concentrated towards winning Test Series in SA!
Well, in that case we will take Rohit as Captain instead of KL Rahul. Rohit atleast has IPL trophies to his credit where Rahul has nothing going for him and plus we want him to play freely at top. I don't think Dhawan should be selected for NZ series. He won't be in Indian international scheme now so what's the point. We need to look forward now. Let Kishan open with Rahul and give people like Venky Iyer a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Each player in the current team has a role:

- Rohit: Start cautiously but hit out after being set.
- KL, Pant, Hardik, SKY: Start hitting from ball 1.
- Kohli: Anchor the innings.

Had everyone been consistent with their roles, we would have been doing much better. No point in blaming Kohli alone.
This.
It's a collective failure in executing their roles.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:40   #14359
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Btw, Rashid is my favourite player in world cricket right now but I don't want him to win Player of match tomorrow
Death by a warrior known to us is better anyday than by some unknown or unexpected warrior.
Old 2nd November 2021, 16:02   #14360
BHPian

Disgusting to see how low some people can go - Deccan Herald
Old 2nd November 2021, 16:09   #14361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Death by a warrior known to us is better anyday than by some unknown or unexpected warrior.
In this case I will like our warriors to neutralize this warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Disgusting to see how low some people can go - Deccan Herald
We need stricter online laws. This is nothing new. Celebrities gets all kinds of such threats and because we don't have serious cyber laws or they aren't implemented such low life's keep on doing this.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 22:02   #14362
BHPian

Quote:

We need stricter online laws. This is nothing new. Celebrities gets all kinds of such threats and because we don't have serious cyber laws or they aren't implemented such low life's keep on doing this.
Laws can only do so much. We need better people in this country. Yes, this is nothing new and happens all the time. That is exactly why we should reflect and realize how pathetic we have become as a society.

Is this how "fans" react to a defeat? Defeats me.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 09:56   #14363
Senior - BHPian

There is an audio clip floating around in whatsapp about Indian team and support staff's general behavior. Clip is by the hotel staff. Looks like England team is staying in the same hotel and he only have +ve things about England team.
Old 3rd November 2021, 20:06   #14364
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I loved the way Scotland played against New Zealand, lots of lessons for India too!

Coming to India's game against Afghanistan, I'm out of words to describe the inclusion of Hardik yet again For sure he knows some secrets that prevent him from being dropped! I won't be surprised if he does well today and then cements his spot even more
Old 3rd November 2021, 21:08   #14365
Distinguished - BHPian

Rahul "The Wall" Dravid appointed as head coach of Indian cricket team. He has been instrumental in shaping up the under 19 team. Hopefully he should be able to do good to the senior team unless there is some politics at play.

Link

Last edited by BoneCollector : 3rd November 2021 at 21:11.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 21:10   #14366
BHPian

India is showing very strong intent today. Strategy is clear, if they crush Afghan today, Afghan dressing room will be under tremendous pressure to take on the Kiwis. That's what we want.
Old 3rd November 2021, 21:13   #14367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Coming to India's game against Afghanistan, I'm out of words to describe the inclusion of Hardik yet again For sure he knows some secrets that prevent him from being dropped! I won't be surprised if he does well today and then cements his spot even more
He has done that and I guess cemented his spot for next 20 matches atleast.

And India gets the highest total of the tournament yet. Something similar to 2007 world cup. Where after losing to Bangladesh, they scored 400 agains Bermuda.
Old 3rd November 2021, 21:25   #14368
BHPian

Ahem, Afghanistan won the toss and elected to field.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 22:32   #14369
Distinguished - BHPian

Shastri and Kohli had Ashwin benched all this time for that good for nothing Chakravarthy. Good both are leaving.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 23:30   #14370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Shastri and Kohli had Ashwin benched all this time for that good for nothing Chakravarthy. Good both are leaving.
Ouch! Thats quite harsh for Varun. He is a good bowler and with experience will improve. Though Ashwin was a better choice for the 1st two matches. There is evidently some friction between Kohli & Ashwin orelse quite difficult to comprehend latter's 4 years of hiatus from International T20.

We needed to win by a minimum 63 runs to get our NRR +ve and we almost got it messed. Afghanistan is good enough for an 'upset' against NZ

Rahul Dravid becoming the Head Coach was a great news. Any idea who all had applied?
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks