Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 16:01   #5266
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Lets wait till the CT to get over & settle if indeed Dravid was recalled for the reason you have mentioned or for the reason I have mentioned.
Yeah, the last time i waited and he got a recall. Now we will wait again.

Quote:
My friend, everything has breaking point. Nobody quits the job on Day 1.
No its not that way.

You shout from the rooftops only when you know you can and more importantly you want to show who's boss. If he is so concerned, hand over the resignation. Why is he farting in the air?

Do you see an Ashish Nehra saying the same?
Old 17th August 2009, 16:05   #5267
Team-BHP Support

Let me ask you, what should Dravid do in the CT & the SL series to impress you ? I mean, I just want to know what you expect from him.

PS: Please don't say that he should do a Sehwag.
Edit: I forgot, thats impossible isn't it ?
Old 17th August 2009, 22:27   #5268
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Let me ask you, what should Dravid do in the CT & the SL series to impress you ?
What is the point in impressing me? If Dravid wants to retain his place in the side, when he gets out he must leave the side in better shape than when he got in - atleast most of the time. Right now its other way round.
Old 17th August 2009, 22:51   #5269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
What is the point in impressing me? If Dravid wants to retain his place in the side, when he gets out he must leave the side in better shape than when he got in - atleast most of the time. Right now its other way round.
I asked you 'coz I wanted to know what you expected off him. So going by your logic, do you mean to say that he has, most often than not, left the side in worse shape compared to when he got in ?
Old 17th August 2009, 23:53   #5270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Given the state of the pitches in our domestic season, he will go nowhere. Better bet would be to join a county team abroad or keep touring as the reserve player in the national side. Atleast you get to play on bouncing wickets.
Agree with you .Maybe he can tour with the India 'A' side abroad. IPL 2 and t20 WC showed how horrible our players look with the short ball. How about IPL 3 in Australia ?- to get used to bouncy tracks.

I think Abhishek Nayar should be given more oppurtunities.
Old 18th August 2009, 22:49   #5271
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Do you see an Ashish Nehra saying the same?
Yes, indeed.

BTW, Amit Mishra and more recently, India Under-19 player Manan Sharma have moved to Haryana. Sensing the grave problem, glad to see Sehwag taking up the task of cleaning the system.

Hope he recovers from injury and gets the country back to winning ways.

Last edited by diabloo : 18th August 2009 at 22:50.
Old 20th August 2009, 17:54   #5272
Team-BHP Support

The final Ashes test has started. England win the toss and are at 108 for 1 at lunch.

Prediction guys ?

I say that it will be a draw and Aussies will retain the urn ! (I hope England win though)
Old 20th August 2009, 18:16   #5273
Senior - BHPian

There was news on HT that Sehwag claimed unfit for Champs trophy and was caught shooting for advertisements in Kerala. I recon he calculated where he could earn more.
Old 21st August 2009, 21:27   #5274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Prediction guys ?

I say that it will be a draw and Aussies will retain the urn ! (I hope England win though)
With Aussies 193 runs behind and 8 down. It looks to be in England's favour. Was just hoping for Aussie collapse and they didnt disappoint me. Bring the Ashes back home Straussy!!!
Old 22nd August 2009, 07:16   #5275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
With Aussies 193 runs behind and 8 down. It looks to be in England's favour. Was just hoping for Aussie collapse and they didnt disappoint me. Bring the Ashes back home Straussy!!!
I hope and wish the Aussies go down in this test .. Terrible to see the Aussie way of reading the wicket .. Its such a low and slow track and they have come out without a proper spinner .....
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:53   #5276
Senior - BHPian

I decided it was Aussies match when the scoreboard read 61/0..... surprised to read the headline at cricinfo" Broad and Swann left Aussies reeling", went into it thinking they would have lost 3-4 wickets in trot.. could not believe my eyes... it read "150-9"

England were 230 runs ahead & with pitch dust playing up.. another 150+ would be tough target for aussies.....
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:08   #5277
Senior - BHPian

England lead get past 500 mark & Trott has proven his selection by scoring a century (unfortunate dismissal in first innings). Thank god selectors opted him against Ramprakash. Would be interesting to watch how aussies handle the situation.

Edit: Iam not viewing the match live... how is the pitch behaving? anyone

Last edited by Surprise : 22nd August 2009 at 21:24.
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:52   #5278
Senior - BHPian

Nice solid start from Aussies! But they got a longgggg way to go. The pitch is weird and both teams didnt read the pitch that well. I guess Aussies should have played Hauritz over Clark, lack of quality spinner might have been turning point from Aussie side. Pitch is turning well and loads of spots on the pitch for spinners to exploit.
Old 23rd August 2009, 00:12   #5279
Team-BHP Support

Lets hope the Aussies don't pull off anything spectacular !!

Ricky would be the first Aussie captain in a looonnnnggg time to lose the Ashes twice Stuff that dreams are made of !
Old 23rd August 2009, 01:08   #5280
BHPian

i dont think so eddy..
playing out 2 whole days means lots n lots of concentration and with reverse swing and sharp turn coming into play its not possible.

BTW guys saw a re run of the india-srilanka semi final match at kolkatta in 1996.Was giving my HSC exams then so remembered it well.
de-silva clobbering the likes of srinath and prasad , the arrogant and unruly crowd and a tearfull vinod kambli.

Last edited by shantyrocks : 23rd August 2009 at 01:10.

Most Viewed