Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 08:53   #6166
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Cricket Thread

I am appalled at how this Test Series is going.

Not that I will worship the team one day and criticize the next but I seriously feel there's something going terribly wrong!

How long does team India expect SRT to bail them out in ODIs and Dravid/Laxman in Tests?

I don't say they should win every test/series under the sun but 3-down and almost ready for a whitewash?? not funny at all. 5-down within a day?!

If fatigue is the problem - the players should have the balls to confront BCCI about it but the players themselves are busy minting money. If the bouncers are a problem - setup coaching specific to it. Too much complacency, I believe.

Team India looks like its about to implode. BCCI doesn't seem to care at all - their bank balance is soaring. Sad sight.

On their day, team India can ruin any opposition and I cannot understand how none of the 18 days so far haven't been any of their days.
Old 21st August 2011, 08:53   #6167
Senior - BHPian

I think its time for the famed trio to retire. We cant go anywhere below this with or without them. And without them for a couple of years we dont have to hang our heads in shame since we can always excuse ourselves for the young team we have.

Rahul can bow out since he will be remembered for what he can when others couldn't. We will have bowlers given chances left and right after this series I guess.
Old 21st August 2011, 14:54   #6168
Senior - BHPian

Something is terribly wrong. Terribly.
How can we stoop so low in a matter of couple of months.
The way this team is playing i think Zim team can play better if given a chance.
I domt want even the rain to save this team from 4-0. They deserve it.
Old 21st August 2011, 15:11   #6169
Team-BHP Support

Its simple really. Lack of preparation, and not taking the series too seriously.

- Gambhir, Yuvraj, Sehwag, Sachin, Zaheer, Bhajji - 6 old timers played the IPL (maybe with injuries) and chose to rest during the WI tour. Hence they came to Eng without any match practice. This, coupled with the fact that there was only one practice match and most of these players do not play county cricket enough to be familiar with the English conditions, was a sure shot recipe for failure.

Future ? History will repeat itself.

We will thrash the hapless WI at home (hopefully) and pretend all problems have been solved before going to Australia and get into the test series with only one practice match. And the players will have to play the Champions league T20 somewhere in between. As if that was not enough, there are additional CL qualifiers for KnightRiders to get into the main draw.

This is going to be a tough year :'(
Old 21st August 2011, 17:42   #6170
Team-BHP Support

and there is the Wall fighting it out *again* while all the others are getting pedicure done in the pavilion.
Old 21st August 2011, 17:55   #6171
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any predictions for the one-day series coming up? The Test series is pretty much done & dusted!
Our same set of players will play in the one-dayers as well, barring a couple of spots which will be taken up by fresh rusty players like Virat Kohli, Munaf & probably Aswin.
England have 3 different captains for the 3 formats so not sure what their team composition will be. Are we playing any T-20 games against them?
Old 21st August 2011, 17:58   #6172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Guys, any predictions for the one-day series coming up?
Flat tracks.
Sehwag & Raina will look like reincarnations of Bradman again. We will do much better than in the tests.
Old 21st August 2011, 18:09   #6173
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Flat tracks.
Sehwag & Raina will look like reincarnations of Bradman again. We will do much better than in the tests.
Lets hope for the best. But isn't the current Test match being played on a flat track as well?
Not sure how many day-night ODI's we would be playing but the ball would certainly do a lot more in the night. As can be seen from this series its a completely different pitch when we bowl & vice-versa! At the end of the day the pitch is only as good as the bowlers who bowl on it !
Old 21st August 2011, 18:40   #6174
Senior - BHPian

Dravid just became the first player to play 30,000 deliveries in test cricket. That is some achievement!
Old 21st August 2011, 20:10   #6175
Senior - BHPian

Dravid, for me is the greatest batsman in the current Indian team and not just because he has good technique, but because his dedication, concentration and resolve to play for the good of the team is unparalleled.

Oh by the way, Indian team finally reached 300, out of which Dravid made 146.

EDIT: What a giant! He opens again for India after follow on! Respect!

Last edited by amitoj : 21st August 2011 at 20:19.
Old 21st August 2011, 20:14   #6176
Senior - BHPian

Probably one of his best innings along with Adelaide and Headingley. But he has to do it all over again in 2nd innings.
Edit: Sehwag tries to get himself out the first ball.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 21st August 2011 at 20:17.
Old 21st August 2011, 22:19   #6177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
EDIT: What a giant! He opens again for India after follow on! Respect!
Don't you think it was too cruel from the team management to ask him to open again. I mean he has been on the field from day 1. I think he deserved some rest.
Not sure if this feat has ever been achieved in the past. Certainly not for a make shift opener. Total RESPECT !!!
Old 21st August 2011, 22:49   #6178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
and there is the Wall fighting it out *again* while all the others are getting pedicure done in the pavilion.
I am starting to get disgusted with the way the Indian batsmen are playing in the test series.

3-down already. Sheh!
Old 21st August 2011, 23:14   #6179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Don't you think it was too cruel from the team management to ask him to open again.
No. I think he would have asked to open. Normally it takes any new batsman a few overs to get set & see the ball well. It would have been easier for Dravid to open rather than come in after 30-40 minutes & have to get set again.

Check this match
1st Test: India v West Indies at Kanpur, Oct 21-25, 1983 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Roger Binny was sent in 1 down in the follow-on after a quick first wicket. Not as a night watchman, but because he was playing some time back in the first inning & was set.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:08   #6180
BHPian

Iam sure Dravid asked to be sent in again knowing fully well anyone else going in would be akin to sending lambs to the sacrifical altar. Alas, his dismissal was very controversial.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks