Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 16:23   #6661
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Hey Can anyone please tell me "Why did SL opt for a bowling power play when they knew that all they need to do is to save boundaries and hence the bonus point?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
India's net run rate is lower by good margin than that of sri lanka. Even SL looses to Australia than what's the chance that India will make it to finals?
Even I didn't understand that part. The points table shows them in the 2nd place right now even though SL has a better NRR. Is it based on head to head encounters?

Last edited by drmohitg : 28th February 2012 at 16:25.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:27   #6662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

Even I didn't understand that part. The points table shows them in the 2nd place right now even though SL has a better NRR. Is it based on head to head encounters?
I just got to know that India has beaten SL more times. And this will be the basis of calculations and not the net run rate.

So it's simple, even if SL looses the next game by 1 run India will play the final

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th February 2012 at 16:29.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:29   #6663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
India's net run rate is lower by good margin than that of sri lanka. Even SL looses to Australia than what's the chance that India will make it to finals?
If SL lose to Aus, India are thru to finals by virtue of better head to head against SL. Any other outcome, India are back home on an early flight.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:31   #6664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
@bluevolt - To answer your query, a quote from CricInfo:
"Time to remind everyone that India are not yet in the final. A Sri Lankan win, or a tie, or a wash-out in the final league game will take Sri Lanka ahead of India on points. If Australia win that match, India will go through though they are tied with SL on points. India are 2-1 up on SL on head-to-head now, with one tie."

First time in my life I will be praying for an Oz victory (which sucks, btw)
nfsfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 16:32   #6665
BHPian

Wow!! What a match!! Something to cheer about after a decent amount of time. I think Kohli played gloriously.

I just hope Australia wins against Sri Lanka and we could deliever similar performance for the Finals.

Nevertheless it was good seeing Indians bat so well after a long time.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:32   #6666
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a great WIN for India!!
This is the second time dilshan is hitting 160 against India, but SL end up losing on both the occasions.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:43   #6667
Senior - BHPian

What a match. Virat Kohli was on fire. Slinga Malinga must have nightmares tonight: he got comprehensively clobbered. Where was this form in the rest of the series. India is either down in the dumps or hits a peak and this lack of consistency is frustrating. Hope they rise from the ashes like a Phoenix and do the incredible. 322 in 36.4 overs is really unbelievable considering how they lost their previous matches.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 28th February 2012 at 16:45.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:45   #6668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey Can anyone please tell me "Why did SL opt for a bowling power play when they knew that all they need to do is to save boundaries and hence the bonus point?".
The bowling and batting powerplays have to be taken before 15-40 overs.SL had no option
Old 28th February 2012, 16:56   #6669
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic batting display by the Indians Finally, something for saving grace even if we dont make it to the finals. Loved the way Malinga was bashed
Old 28th February 2012, 17:05   #6670
BHPian

Finally Indians have left an impression in one of the innings on Australia soil. Just wish that it was done a couple of months earlier.

Now hoping, wishing and praying that Australia trash Srilanka to bring India into finals!!!!
Old 28th February 2012, 17:37   #6671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Loved the way Malinga was bashed
That was a record.
Malinga became the world's most expensive bowler(Bowlers who've bowled 5 overs or more) in a ODI match, in terms of run per over.

Last edited by Daewood : 28th February 2012 at 17:42.
Old 28th February 2012, 19:25   #6672
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, finally something to cheer ! India wins and wins big - this is really what we expect (in most matches) from world ODI champs. 2 centurions in the Sri Lankan innings and they still ended up on the losing side, I'm sure it made the hapless Lankans wonder "Kohli Ke Peeche Kya Hai" since he blasted them away in this match
I'm sure the Aussies will prefer to meet Sri Lanka in the final so let's see what they do in the last league match against the Lankans.

Last edited by NPV : 28th February 2012 at 19:29.
Old 28th February 2012, 22:23   #6673
BHPian

If Sri lanka loses against Australia, India will go through to the finals.Please refer to below : -

In the event of teams finishing on equal points, the right to play in the final match or series will be determined as follows:

-The team with the most number of wins
-If still equal, the team with the most number of wins over the other team(s) who are equal on points and have the same number of wins
-If still equal, the team with the highest number of bonus points
-If still equal, the team with the highest net run rate

As per point 2 India has more no of wins against Sri lanka so they would go through.
Old 28th February 2012, 22:45   #6674
Senior - BHPian

Its a fix.there won't be enough spectators for the finals if Sri Lanka make it. Simple. Call me a cynic or a pessimist....we do not deserve to play the finals.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 23:11   #6675
Senior - BHPian

It's unfortunate that a performance like Kohli's today is viewed with suspicion just because there are/were a few unscrupulous cricketers around. It's an insult to a very talented player.

If it's a fix it would've been far more easier if SL hadn't scored 320 in the first place, wouldn't it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks