Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 16:16   #6706
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

A great player who was also a great ambassador for the game. In his retirement a great era in Indian cricket is ending. New talent may or may not come but I doubt if we can replace the person called Dravid, for he carried greatness with such humbleness. If one need's a role model not only in sport but in general, Dravid's name would be there. A true gentleman.

We would miss you on the field.
Old 9th March 2012, 16:43   #6707
Distinguished - BHPian

What should I watch the next India test match for???
I'm not sure I can find an answer to this question...for I've grown up watching test matches always with a certain No.3 called as Rahul.

To put it in one sentence...The ship has lost its anchor today. :(
Old 12th March 2012, 13:37   #6708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
What should I watch the next India test match for???(
The next number 3 (I meant in the list of seniors) will keep you more interested and entertained - Virender Sehwag.

The Cricket Thread-557042.jpg

From here
Old 12th March 2012, 13:52   #6709
Senior - BHPian

Captain wants a bowling coach who is always unfit
Old 14th March 2012, 20:28   #6710
Senior - BHPian

I Sincerely Hope that Sachin Tendulkar don't score his 100th Ton against Bangladesh on Friday!

Though HE may do so on Sunday against Pakistan
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 20:36   #6711
Senior - BHPian

Our team is back on track, this happens! nothing new; the pitches here a much familiar to India rather than Australia where our players were dancing on the crease.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:00   #6712
Senior - BHPian

I think he will score the 100th hundred in the final on 22nd - I guess his birthday is on 24th.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:40   #6713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I think he will score the 100th hundred in the final on 22nd - I guess his birthday is on 24th.
His birthday is on 24th April. No issue even if he scores 100th ton one month before his birthday.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:47   #6714
Team-BHP Support

Just score it and get it over with in ODI cricket. When and where, I don't care !
Old 15th March 2012, 09:20   #6715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
His birthday is on 24th April. No issue even if he scores 100th ton one month before his birthday.
- so either we wait for 6 months unless the ICC accepts IPL matches as official ones and Sachin's ton last year is qualified as official.
Old 15th March 2012, 10:34   #6716
BHPian

Sad to see a legend being reduced to a ridiculous caricature.
I sincerely wish SRT smartens up and follows Dravid's example and quit while he is still at 99 centuries.

Didn't Bradman quit without trying for a perfect 100 average?
Old 15th March 2012, 11:35   #6717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post

Didn't Bradman quit without trying for a perfect 100 average?
What age was Bradman when he retired?

Seriously what is the problem with Sachin wanting to play on? Its for selectors to decide if he is still good enough (which he is, in my view). There are numerous instances of great playing playing at the very top very late in their lives. Sir Stanley Matthews was one, he is one of the greatest footballers to play and he played at the very top even in his 50s!!!

Its disgusting, one bad series and people are on his back with knives, as if we never had any bad times in our lives.

Tendulkar does not need to retire, just because Dravid has retired from the game!

Last edited by joslicx : 15th March 2012 at 11:40.
joslicx is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 12:19   #6718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

Seriously what is the problem with Sachin wanting to play on? Its disgusting, one bad series and people are on his back with knives.
Tendulkar does not need to retire, just because Dravid has retired from the game!
Your words are a reflection of a true Sachin fan. But wanting him to play forever is beyond cricketing logic. We have a whole generation of cricketers waiting for an opportunity to prove their mettle.
Virat Kohli is the best batsman in India at the moment and in his hands lay the future of Indian batting. Shouldn't we find a couple of more Kohli's and who can take Indian cricket to greater heights like what the Fab Four did a decade ago ?
karty_83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 14:24   #6719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your words are a reflection of a true Sachin fan. But wanting him to play forever is beyond cricketing logic. We have a whole
But who is wanting him to play forever?

Let him play till he wants and performs. It is not logical to raise voice against him and pressure him to retire.

Remember even if he retires NO ONE will be able to match him in future. I know there are many talented players but there is and will be ONLY ONE Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar.

Guys want Sachin Tendulkar retire when he is capable of playing for at least 2 years, just look at MS Dhoni he is 32 and still not sure whether he will play next world cup or not?

And please stop this 99 or 100 century thing, this is all media created hype.

Sachin has 51 test centuries and 48 in ODIs. If you really want to play with numbers and create unnecessary hype then add his first class and list A centuries i.e. 78 centuries in first class and 59 centuries in List A. Now the total number is 236 Centuries. You want 100, he already has 236.

Guys please don't talk like media. Indian Media - It's a shame!
bluevolt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 15:50   #6720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
What age was Bradman when he retired?

Seriously what is the problem with Sachin wanting to play on? Its for selectors to decide if he is still good enough (which he is, in my view). There are numerous instances of great playing playing at the very top very late in their lives. Sir Stanley Matthews was one, he is one of the greatest footballers to play and he played at the very top even in his 50s!!!

Its disgusting, one bad series and people are on his back with knives, as if we never had any bad times in our lives.

There is no problem with Sachin playing on and on and on and on ....provided he is not a liability to the team and is scoring runs. Right now he isn't doing that, so it's better he is replaced (I did not use the dreaded word - dropped) by another youngster whose capability to playt at the highest level can be judged.

The only worry for me here is what happens if Sachin ends up like Kapil Dev trying to get to his record ? That would be the most sad day in the history of Indian cricket. I wouldn't want to see another champion player play like that !

I guess he knows better what he is going through but the very fact that he agreed to play the ODI's after almost retiring from them shows that 100 th one is bothering him somewhere in the mind.

It's time to think with the heart Sachin, not the head !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks