Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2012, 13:10   #7351
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Sachin retires from ODI. I wish he had done this after the WC win & concentrated on tests only. We all don't like our heroes to retire but they have to someday or the other.

Thanks Sachin for all the memories on ODI front. Please light up the test arena for some more time.
Old 23rd December 2012, 13:26   #7352
BHPian

The media would be a major reason for this retirement. Can't blame Sachin for having wanted to play the two ODI series' initially to get back into form ahead of Australia, but..

Let's hope Kohli takes up the mantle now. It's been a treat to watch him bat lately.
Old 23rd December 2012, 20:07   #7353
Senior - BHPian

Goodbye to a great era of ODI cricket, the man who lit up every Indian's home. The one that took cricket to such dizzying heights and made a lot of money to all cricket boards worldwide. Time to go Sachin, you chose it well. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone
I wish that 49 centuries would have got converted into 50 against Pakistan, but...

cricinfo link
No more such things for him, he has done the thing what he felt is right. No one can ever replace a genius like him, not in this era of hit bang cricket.
Old 25th December 2012, 21:13   #7354
BHPian

So heartening to Bhuvaneshwar kumar bowl like this. After so many years we are seeing someone who can stay for a very long time. Inswing, outswing you name it he bowled it today. Such a great find!
Old 25th December 2012, 21:30   #7355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalist View Post
So heartening to Bhuvaneshwar kumar bowl like this. After so many years we are seeing someone who can stay for a very long time. Inswing, outswing you name it he bowled it today. Such a great find!
I don't agree. He's done well today, but I personally do not think he is a long term prospect. 125 kmps means that his effectiveness will be drastically reduced as soon as the ball gets older. I do not think he can bowl in the death.

PS: I would love to be proven wrong
Old 25th December 2012, 23:51   #7356
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I don't agree. He's done well today, but I personally do not think he is a long term prospect. 125 kmps means that his effectiveness will be drastically reduced as soon as the ball gets older. I do not think he can bowl in the death.
I too agree with you!He reminds me of Praveen Kumar - effective with the new ball & hammered when the ball gets old! Although it appears he's better fielder & batsman than Praveen.
Btw, where is Praveen Kumar nowadays nobody knows, or for that matter Munaf Patel.

PS: I would also love to be proven wrong
Old 26th December 2012, 12:19   #7357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Agreed, not because of the lack of pace, he is bowling at the right pace to get the ball to swing prodigiously both ways, remember Debasish Mohanty and Harvinder Singh ? Conditions is what is likely to kill him. He looks very spirited (they all do when they start). Perfect to bowl 4 overs on the trot in T20.
Old 26th December 2012, 13:09   #7358
Team-BHP Support

I seriously believe that had we batted just a little better, and with some luck, Mohanty would have won us the 1999 World Cup. He was an outstanding swing bowler, but only in English conditions. And Toronto maybe, cannot recall
Old 26th December 2012, 13:34   #7359
BHPian

Well yesterday's match again calls for some retrospection. Rohit Sharma made his debut a good 5 and half years back and Ravindra Jadeja close to 4 years back. Hard to believe but yes these are facts. We are yet to see any improvement in their game or attitude. So how long we are going to persist with these kind of liabilities ? They have wonderful IPL and domestic records still its not working out with them. So first thing flush these guys out and give some new talents a chance. There are many of them waiting in the queue.

Coming to the bowling department. In fast bowling there are 2 kinds of bowlers one who swings the ball and the other who hits the deck hard. In Indian conditions people belonging the first category always suffer. PK was awesome in England and Australia. I do not see any reason why this guy Bhubaneswar Kumar will not be a success. Have these 2 swing bowlers and keep Ishant and Umesh Yadav as your fast bowlers in England, Aus and SA and the team is bound to get success in bowling department. There are many like PK in domestic cricket who are not express but can swing the ball. Deepak Chahar from Rajasthan is a good example. Pankaj Singh is taking wickets in domestic condition who is another one who can hit the deck hard. Varun Aaron should look after his fitness and come back to the service ASAP. Guys like Dinda ,Vinay Kumar, Mithun, Awana can not take the team anywhere.The only problem is we do not have any spinners who can win you a match. That is a reason of worry.

To summarize BCCI should offload the liabilities, look forward and give new talent a chance, make good wickets.
Old 28th December 2012, 20:10   #7360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don't see that happening

30 off 13 - with our "attack", Pak is the favorite !

We won ! Phew !!

Last edited by Eddy : 28th December 2012 at 20:24.
Old 29th December 2012, 10:38   #7361
BHPian

Re: Tony Creig dies from Lung Cancer

Tony Creig dies from Lung Cancer.

RIP

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...ry/598930.html
Old 29th December 2012, 10:41   #7362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Tony Creig dies from Lung Cancer.

RIP

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...ry/598930.html
Thats sad. what a voice it was!
his final stages commentry with ravi shastri was something i loved so much.
a big loss for the cricketing world.
Old 30th December 2012, 21:05   #7363
M35
BHPian

IND Vs PAK

Another match lost by Team India.Losing is fine but the quality of cricket is missing these days.Don't feel like watching cricket these days
Old 31st December 2012, 12:59   #7364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
IND Vs PAK

Another match lost by Team India.Losing is fine but the quality of cricket is missing these days.Don't feel like watching cricket these days
True that, They is no fight on the field, they are just not even trying. And this thread is a reflection of the how the fans feel.

Earlier the posts used to be flying thick and fast here. Even SRT's retirement is a not had people post in like before.

Guess, India is tired of cricket.
Old 2nd January 2013, 21:14   #7365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pakistan's seamers bowled extended spells at the nets on Tuesday, with Umar Gul, Junaid and Mohammad Irfan aiming at one stump. India, on the other hand, missed a session on Tuesday and have an optional one on the eve of the game. They may be short of adequate preparation for a game they cannot afford to lose.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-...ory/599429.htm

What is going on with team India??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks