Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2006, 16:33   #61
Senior - BHPian

After the English won the 3rd test over the Paks , the one sight that stood out for me was -

A Pace bowler of Pakistani origin and a Spin bowler of Indian origin - bowled the English to victory.

isnt it wonderful ?
Old 16th September 2006, 15:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy

Sachin - never really recovered from any injury , is more of an liability now.
Scored a brilliant 141 containing 5 hits over the rope against WI. Interesting to wait and watch how he shines against Australia today with Glenn back into action

Another interesting section would be Mcgrath vs Dhoni
Old 17th September 2006, 15:48   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Scored a brilliant 141 containing 5 hits over the rope against WI.
Thats a slow medium pace attack.except for 1 guy
Quote:
Interesting to wait and watch how he shines against Australia today with Glenn back into action

Another interesting section would be Mcgrath vs Dhoni
Maybe he dint want to trouble Mcgrath who was coming back after injury
Old 20th September 2006, 19:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Thats a slow medium pace attack.except for 1 guy
Great innings from Sachin, a composed 65 runs. Unfortunately his innings got over in a sad way ( Rudra pratap's straight drive kissed the bowlers fingers before hitting the stumps to get the master caught short of crease). As you said earlier though its a slow medium pace attact, whats your take on his innings?
Old 20th September 2006, 21:23   #65
BHPian

oh.....i never knew that such a thread about cricket existed on tbhp.

Anyway i hope u guys saw today's match vs W.Indies!!Indian cricket has always been very unpredictable very much like Paki team.When pushed to corner,they always seem to give better performance whcih they did it again today.CONGRATULATIONS TO INDIAN TEAM AND THEIR FANS.....

I hope they get their batting order right in the next match!

And guys our hockey team just came back home after playing 7 matches in world cup,winning just one,last one, barely, drawing one and loosing five.
Infact even Japan finished 9th in standings as against India which finished 11th.
Old 20th September 2006, 21:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

@ Surprise - I never knew India were playing today. Will try n catch the HL and see Sachin's knock.

@rsjaurr - less said about the hockey team the better - they always hype up the team just before leaving and we dont even know how and when they come back after performing like that. And to top - they get jealous of the game of cricket and the cricketeers. Atleast the Cricket team performs better.
Old 20th September 2006, 21:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

Was surprised to know india won!! i just saw the match for like 5minz when WI were arnd 64-4. Great game, great bowling!
Old 30th November 2006, 15:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Does Saurav Ganguly deserve to be back in the team?

I have nothing against the great Saurav Ganguly,but would like to question the basis of his selection back into the Indian team.

Saurav is still not in any sort of form ,he has failed in almost all the domestic matches where the quality of bowling is nowhere near international level.He has a weakness for short-pitched *****.

There are other players in Domestic cricket who are consistantly making more runs than him,do they not deserve some respect.Saurav ganguly is getting VIP treatment.

Ps: I know I am straying away for an automotive forum,if everybody feels I should not have started this thread I would request mods to delete this thread.
Old 30th November 2006, 15:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

You are saying as if Dravid, Sehwag, Tendulkar, Kaif etc are in Great form!!!And just see the performance of Team India in the last one year, it has gone from bad to worse!Mr.Chappel had destroyed Team India and continues to do so...It is high time he is sacked and a proven Indian coach like Sandeep Patil is appointed and Sourav reinstated as the Captain of Team India, if at all we want to salvage some pride in the forthcoming World Cup!
Old 30th November 2006, 15:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Why did he lose place in the first place? Due to bad performance (please recall the jokes running around Ganguly when he was in the team).

Has his performance improved? Not really.

Will his inclusion help the team? Debatable. How will he handle the bounce in South Africa? Let wait & see.

If Kiran More was still there he wouldn't have been recalled. That speaks about the politics.
Old 30th November 2006, 16:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

would have been better had they included him in the one day squad rather than the test squad. he is a far better one day player than a test player
Old 30th November 2006, 16:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Check the body language of the Indian team now. Wind back to the Pre-Chappel days and check the body language of the players then.

There was ENERGY in the Team then. I'm afraid Greg Chappel is a failed experiment - it may sound like a cliche now, but I was one of those that felt he should be given time to try out his stuff. He's had nearly a year now and if he continues till the world cup we will be playing Canada or Netherlands for the last few places.

I am a big fan of Saurav Ganguly's contribution to turning the Indian team into a bunch of fighters. However, a wounded tiger is not really going to help matters.
Old 30th November 2006, 17:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

chappel's idea was right. he wanted to back petential youngsters. would have worked in Australia, where the bench strength is enormously talented. i guess he thought the bench strength in a billion cricket crazy people would be even better. the cushion that he provided for the likes of Raina, Pathan, RP Singh worked against them. they became lethargic & took their places in the team for granted. sourav's ouster was required at that time & his inclusion is reqd at this time, but better suited to the 1 day game. sachin has to really get his game right or else step aside for someone younger. he has given his heart & soul for the last 17 years. there is really nothing more to do for him now except chase records, but there is no place for liabilities like that in modern day cricket. i hope he has his last hurrah in the WC & quits.
Old 30th November 2006, 18:06   #74
BHPian

Sehwag's Saying "our Aim is to play at least 50 overs".
This tells the whole story of our Player's Morale.

Saurav/Laxman may not contribute by there batting, but will definetly improve team's Morale.
Old 30th November 2006, 18:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

The One player I am really dissapointed with is Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar.
All his peers Lara,Pointing all seem to have hit their peaks now.When they come to play the bowlers know who is boss but the same cant be said of sachin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks