Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2014, 20:21   #7996
Senior - BHPian

I am not surprised. Nohit as usual doesn't have any brains to see its penultimate over before tea and rather than preserving wicket he is playing IPL. Ridiculous. Should have played Ashwin. A good Bowling option and will bat better than Nohit any day.
Old 29th July 2014, 21:24   #7997
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I just hope someone stays there with Ajinkya.
I spoke a bit too early

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am not surprised. Nohit as usual doesn't have any brains to see its penultimate over before tea and rather than preserving wicket he is playing IPL. Ridiculous. Should have played Ashwin. A good Bowling option and will bat better than Nohit any day.

Dhoni has always had a soft corner towards Jadeja and Rohit but is quick to drop people like Ajinkya and Binny. I somehow felt he didn't give Binny enough overs to bowl and prove his worth as an allrounder before dropping him. Instead of Rohit in place of Binny, Gambhir in place of Dhawan would have been better IMO
Old 30th July 2014, 08:10   #7998
BHPian

I think India should have gone ahead with either Ashwin or Varun. The lower order is contributing to the scoreboard and Rohit continues to play poorly. Also looks like Dhawan has just one more innings to keep his place in the test team but his replacement does not look too promising either. Somebody suggested to promote Rahane to open and I don't think that's such a bad idea considering Rahane has been playing in the top 3 for Mumbai!
Old 31st July 2014, 18:57   #7999
BHPian

So finally the abject surrender is complete. What a turnaround for England - from being in a position to do no good they ended in a position where they could do no wrong. Pathetic display of batting by our superstars in both the innings. England has out-bowled, out-batted, out-fielded, out-everything India in this game. Not even one session that India could say was theirs.

Dhawan can't bat, can't catch - someone please kick him out of this team. Lets get back Gambhir. Need another spinner so Ashiwn comes in and Rohit goes, MSD moves back to No.6.
I hear Bhuvi might not play as well; lets hope that is untrue. In case Ishant is not fit (as MSD says) Aaron comes in for Shami. That is the best chance India has to win.

We have given 7 wickets to part time spinners in a Test match? Boy, I sometimes kick myself for following these Test matches so religiously. And our Indian players keep proving they are only good for IPL.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 31st July 2014 at 19:03.
Old 31st July 2014, 20:57   #8000
Senior - BHPian

Spineless performance on all 5 days.
Ridiculous and pathetic.
Till the time Dhoni and his favorites will be in the team we ain't gonna win abroad.
Don't need to say more as well know what's going on.
Old 31st July 2014, 21:33   #8001
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Our batsman have to take the blame for the loss as they are expected to bat well on a reasonably flat batting pitch. The team also looked over-confident after the Lords win.
What they need to do is to get Gambhir back in the team & make place for Ashwin as well. Not that both of them will turn around the fortunes of the team but they are anyday better than Dhawan & Jadeja.
We should also hope that James Anderson gets banned for the next 2 games & pray that Broad gets injured!
All along everyone was worried about our weakness which was our bowling & our ability to take 20 wickets and now suddenly our batting has become our weakness.
Old 1st August 2014, 09:49   #8002
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

aha - Even Stevens now after the loss, hope we don't lose the series from here (hoping this will not trigger an English resurgence!).
Old 1st August 2014, 11:22   #8003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
We should also hope that James Anderson gets banned for the next 2 games
With what he has done, we are looking at at-least 2 games or 4 at max. Yesterday when asked the question about his hearing, he sounded fairly low.

The English team and media possibly understands that there is no point of covering up for his deed and that is why they have been silent. While MSD has put his foot down - completely agree with him.

Someone needs to teach this guy a lesson, glad it will be MSD.

With the weather as it is in England, we are looking at Ashwin in place of Rohit & Aaron for Shami.

I am not sure as to why Ishant- who had a niggle won't be fit for the next game? What the hell are the doctors and physio doing? Or maybe MSD was pulling a fast one on England, who knows?
Old 1st August 2014, 11:30   #8004
Senior - BHPian

England lost the 2nd Test when they could have won it. It was close. But this test, India were never in the game on all 5 days.
Old 1st August 2014, 21:35   #8005
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Big blow to Team India, the ICC Judicial Commission finds Anderson not guilty!This Shovegate proved to be a damp squib.
And in further bad news, Bhuvneshwar's ankle is swollen!
Old 7th August 2014, 12:33   #8006
BHPian

Quote:
Big blow to Team India, the ICC Judicial Commission finds Anderson not guilty!This Shovegate proved to be a damp squib.
And in further bad news, Bhuvneshwar's ankle is swollen!
It's fairly clear that the Pommies blatantly lied to save Anderson's A**. I hope this fires up our team and that famous dialogue, "Break his ******* hand" by Clarke is repeated

P.S. : It looks as if Ashwin & Gambhir are playing for sure. Not clear if Shami will be dropped. He is the one guy 'capable' of bowling in all conditions in this team and he is letting the team down drastically.

Bhuvi, by the looks of it has recovered and will play.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 7th August 2014 at 12:35.
Old 7th August 2014, 16:08   #8007
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Not clear if Shami will be dropped. He is the one guy 'capable' of bowling in all conditions in this team and he is letting the team down drastically.
Shami is dropped, its good that Pankaj Singh is given another chance. Hope he has some luck going his way.
Old 7th August 2014, 16:13   #8008
BHPian

Quote:
Shami is dropped, its good that Pankaj Singh is given another chance. Hope he has some luck going his way.
Honestly, for all the sympathies that Pankaj Singh had, I do not see how can he threaten any batting order. Yes, he had some bad luck last game but even then he wasn't threatening.

And I would really be happy to be proven wrong though
Old 7th August 2014, 16:17   #8009
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Honestly, for all the sympathies that Pankaj Singh had, I do not see how can he threaten any batting order. Yes, he had some bad luck last game but even then he wasn't threatening.
From what i saw in the last test, he bowled well in his first 2-3 spells after that he was leaking runs. He's certainly better off than Shami who bowls the odd bad bowl every 2 overs!
Varun Aaron has a tendency to bowl waywardly, lets see how he goes in this Test.
Meanwhile, Gambhir is out. Bring back Dhawan!!
Edit: 4 down for 8 runs! Play 5 bowlers, have overcast conditions & you opt to bat.

Last edited by PPS : 7th August 2014 at 16:39.
Old 7th August 2014, 16:38   #8010
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the unfavorable verdict has broken the spirit of the team. They're 8/4 in a Test match! What's happening there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks