Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 13:47   #9046
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Good to see Rishabh Pant making all the right noises with good performances in the Ranji trophy as well as in the warm up game for India A against England. Hope he is the wicketkeeping batsman successor to Dhoni in the near future. Coincidentally, he showed his prowess while playing for India A, much like Dhoni back in 2004
Old 13th January 2017, 13:50   #9047
Team-BHP Support

I agree. He has been very consistent with the scores and the run rates. Good to see him getting a chance to travel with the squad, and hopefully will find a place in the starting 11 for the T20s.

Also, Prithwi Shaw and Panchal doing well as openers in the longer format. Jaffer jr is also being talked about highly in the cricketing circles.

Old 13th January 2017, 13:55   #9048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Looks like Nike will have to shoot this one again with Virat in the center
I don't think they all stood together for the photo. It's just good photo shop at play and they can as well change the position as they want. Not sure if they would do it though.
Old 13th January 2017, 15:02   #9049
Senior - BHPian

By the way, Bangladesh just ended up getting a stupendous first inning score at Wellington Vs New Zealand, with Shakib al Hasan scoring a double century and Mushfiqur rahim scoring 150!! Quite an achievement I would say after the disapointing ODI and T20 series.
Old 14th January 2017, 15:41   #9050
BHPian

Gujarat have won the Ranji trophy for the first time. Congratulations to Parthiv Patel for leading his team with well played 90 and 143.
Old 14th January 2017, 18:18   #9051
Team-BHP Support

I was following the match and hoping & praying that Gujrat would not succumb to the Mumbai pressure and sledging. Horrible fielding by Mumbai resulting in a lot of dropped chances hurt Mumbai.

Well done Gujarat !
Old 14th January 2017, 20:53   #9052
BHPian

From begin behind Vs Jharkhand in the semis, where JH had a meltdown in the 4th innings to winning the final - great story for Gujarat and well deserved crown.
Old 16th January 2017, 07:08   #9053
Senior - BHPian

What a match!! What an innings!!

Kedar Jadhav played a gem. Its not easy to outscore Kohli who doesn't keep a foot wrong these days.
Old 16th January 2017, 07:17   #9054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
What a match!! What an innings!!

Kedar Jadhav played a gem. Its not easy to outscore Kohli who doesn't keep a foot wrong these days.
Absolutely. I am still confused why we keep picking shikhar dhawan ahead of Rahane.
Also Mishra should have been picked as most english batsmen can't pick wrist spin.
Old 16th January 2017, 09:38   #9055
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Time to drop Dhawan and give Rahane a more regular place in the playing XI. Good to see Kedar Jadhav trying to consolidate his place in the team, most likely Manish Pandey and Jadhav will compete for a spot. We headed out to dinner when Dhoni got out and score was 63/4 and were surprised that India had won when we got back home

Last edited by NPV : 16th January 2017 at 09:41.
Old 16th January 2017, 09:51   #9056
Distinguished - BHPian

Kedar Jadhav was a surprise package. Amazing inning when no one expected it. And talking about surprise package, Shikhar Dhawan is a surprise package too..everyone is surprised how he gets selected
Pandya needs to learn a lot of temperament he tries to become a hero and go for big shots even if it means the match is lost (he has done it once against NZ). But the good thing was he accepted this and told that he will improve with age and experience. Hope he does that because Ravindra Jadeja didn't seem to have learnt it even after so much of experience.
Kohli...no words! he has now equalled Sachin on highest number of centuries by any batsman during a chase! and now the 4th on the list of highest centuries by batsmen in ODIs.
One shot in that innings in particular was just amazing...that short arm jab over long on boundary. Even Dhoni would've been amazed at the power he packed in that shot.
Old 16th January 2017, 10:56   #9057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Kedar Jadhav was a surprise package. Amazing inning when no one expected it. And talking about surprise package, Shikhar Dhawan is a surprise package too..everyone is surprised how he gets selected
You got me ROFL there on Dhawan. He looked completely out of sorts.

Quote:
Kohli...no words! he has now equalled Sachin on highest number of centuries by any batsman during a chase! and now the 4th on the list of highest centuries by batsmen in ODIs.
One shot in that innings in particular was just amazing...that short arm jab over long on boundary. Even Dhoni would've been amazed at the power he packed in that shot.
Kohli is like no other while chasing, very calculative and focussed. Imagine if it is the same with First innings.

The shot he got to a hundred too reminded me of Sachin's Shot of Tom Moody in Sharajh 1998 series vs Australia.
Old 16th January 2017, 14:10   #9058
Senior - BHPian

One particular stat that caught my eye yesterday was the fact that (prior to yesterday's game) 8 out of top 10 successful chases in ODIs are against Australia!!! If I am not wrong, top 5 are all against the Aussies!

Complacency anyone?
Old 16th January 2017, 14:50   #9059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
After Yesterday's match, the top 5 highest successful run chases in ODIs have been against Australia. Also 8 of the top 10 highest successful run chases have been against the Aussies.
One thing to note is that on 9 of those 10 occasions, the home teams have won. India is the only team to have won against the home team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
One particular stat that caught my eye yesterday was the fact that (prior to yesterday's game) 8 out of top 10 successful chases in ODIs are against Australia!!! If I am not wrong, top 5 are all against the Aussies!

Complacency anyone?
It was...from October 05 2016(see my post quoted above) till yesterday. Yesterday's match is the 4th highest successful chase in ODI.
so the Top 5 against Australia record is no more. Also now it is 7 out of the top 10 successful chases that is against the Aussies.
When they win, its some kind of record, when they lose, its a record too
Old 16th January 2017, 15:08   #9060
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
By the way, Bangladesh just ended up getting a stupendous first inning score at Wellington Vs New Zealand, with Shakib al Hasan scoring a double century and Mushfiqur rahim scoring 150!! Quite an achievement I would say after the disapointing ODI and T20 series.
Probably Bangladesh made a record - Losing a match after scoring 500+ runs in 1st innings.

Sad for them - but their inexperience and lack of maturity shows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks