Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 12:22   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
For all the "sack the coach" hue and cry that the media is making, may I ask one just question. Are we going to start winning matches the day after the coach goes?
Oh, no! then we will say 'Give us a good coach & then we will start winning'. Until then Sachin would be seriously going about his business of collecting 100s against weaker sides (are there any ?) & getting his average up to please the older little master.
Old 5th April 2007, 12:56   #182
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Until then Sachin would be seriously going about his business of collecting 100s against weaker sides (are there any ?) & getting his average up to please the older little master.
Gavaskar calls Sachin "the little champion", and is very particular about this terminology, so that his own turf is well protected. *He* (Gavaskar) is the little master.

Last edited by rks : 5th April 2007 at 12:57.
Old 6th April 2007, 00:44   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire View Post
Looking at the current performance in of Indian Cricket team, what i can infer is there can be a better strategy to select future players.

first, ask all indian who wish to play international cricket to SMS to BCCI, then BCCI will pick a lottery (similiar to KBC). Then the 15 member team which was short listed would undergo a 6 months of training on cricket to face to other nations team. And finally they will be let to play... Here we can have reservations, sick, old and even hijras to take part.

with the above scheme the Conclusion is:

- there wont be ugly sponsors, even if there is then every citizen gets equal share
- if we lose then its obvious that it was indians playing with all their will
- if we win, we know that it doesnot take lots of years of experience but the will to fight to win
- Lots of participation and nobody cribs anymore because everybody gets to play someday in some international

Let every indian get the oppurtunity to play in the game where its ok to lose or win....

man, 4 tire, dont ya have more tires than just 4 ?? you are a riot. i salute you, sir.

P.S.... are you the bloke thats also called mandal ??
Old 8th April 2007, 09:02   #184
Team-BHP Support

It seems B. K. Venkaesh Prasad is going to be our next bowling coach. God help us!
Old 9th April 2007, 15:44   #185
rks
BANNED

Looks like BCCI has accepted Greg Chappell's recommendations, at least in part, and may come down heavily on our seniors. TV reports say that Ravi Shastri will be manager of a young Indian team to Bangladesh. Let us wait and watch the interesting developments.
Old 9th April 2007, 17:59   #186
BHPian

Shastri wants fresh blood in national team

India's newly appointed cricket manager Ravi Shastri is backing the infusion of fresh blood into the team following last month's early World Cup exit in the Caribbean.
On Saturday, the 44-year-old Shastri was handed the task of guiding the team for next month's tour of Bangladesh after Australian Greg Chappell resigned as coach in the wake of the World Cup debacle.
"You need to look at youth in whatever walk of life at some stage. There is a shelf-period for everything," Shastri told CNN-IBN news television channel on Monday.
India, touted favourites back home, were knocked out of the World Cup in the group phase after defeats to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, prompting several former players and fans to call for large-scale changes to the team.
The powerful working committee of the board advised the selection committee to send a young team to Bangladesh under an experienced captain on Saturday, and on the same afternoon, Rahul Dravid was retained as skipper for the next three tours.
"If you have got to experiment and try and do something, do it against Bangladesh," said Shastri, who played 80 Tests and 150 one-day internationals between 1981 and 1992.
The former captain, currently a commentator with a leading sports broadcaster, was given the role on an interim basis.
Starting on May 10, the tour consists of three one-day internationals and two Tests.

Shastri wants fresh blood in national team
Old 10th May 2007, 14:35   #187
BHPian

Banga boyz may dominate again

Looks like banga boys may dominate again as India tours bangladesh. Indians having a tough time in 1st ODI.

Ban 250/7 ; Mongia was the pick of the bowlers.
Ind 67/3 ; Mr Sehwag has failed again. His luck has gone forever with his hair.

Old 10th May 2007, 15:53   #188
BHPian

Ind 146/5 ; Dhoni hangs on .. looks like another defeat in the kitty.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:31   #189
Team-BHP Support

The first ODI I ever saw was 1983 World Cup Finals, that too at a neighbor's home since we didn't have TV. I caught the cricket watching bug with that game. This infection remained for 24 years, until couple of tours before the recent WC. I am completely cured of cricket bug now. I may catch a score here and there as comic relief, but I don't watch cricket anymore.

I'd like to thank the current BCCI cricket team, management, sponsors and advertisers for curing me and increasing my productivity at work and spare time at home. God Bless.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:35   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The first ODI I ever saw was 1983 World Cup Finals, that too at a neighbor's home since we didn't have TV. I caught the cricket watching bug with that game. This infection remained for 24 years, until couple of tours before the recent WC. I am completely cured of cricket bug now. I may catch a score here and there as comic relief, but I don't watch cricket anymore.

I'd like to thank the current BCCI cricket team, management, sponsors and advertisers for curing me and increasing my productivity at work and spare time at home. God Bless.
Looks like you are in a deep pain ..
Old 10th May 2007, 16:41   #191
Senior - BHPian

Excellent innings so far from Karthik. Who did not made him play at the WC are real idiots.

41 from 41 delivery reqd. Two quick wickets will be interesting. (remember Abdur Razzak got Dhoni plumb when he was on 11, unlucky abdur)

But it seems the batsmen are well settled and not taking any risks.

Last edited by Surprise : 10th May 2007 at 16:46.
Old 10th May 2007, 16:41   #192
BHPian

41 of 41 with 5 wickets .. India has a amazing prowess in making the games interesting no matter who the opponents are ( Aus pls excuse ).
Old 10th May 2007, 17:07   #193
BHPian

Finally India beats Bang with one over to spare. Karthik should be given the bat more frequently
Old 10th May 2007, 17:44   #194
Senior - BHPian

Karthik will play like this until he finds something to endorse. thats the sad part.
Old 10th May 2007, 19:57   #195
rks
BANNED

Sehwag and Gambhir did not do too badly in this match and Sehwag picked up a wicket as well. But I personally feel that these gentlemen will fail against the stronger teams due to technical shortcomings. I would like to see Mohd. Kaif and Irfan Pathan in the present Indian team in place of Sehwag and Gambhir. Pathan has the potential to become a genuine all-rounder and his inclusion will stengthen our bowling; if only our selectors will show some faith in him and give him some confidence... Kaif is an outstanding fielder in addition to being a solid batsman.

Last edited by rks : 10th May 2007 at 20:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks