Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:27   #10381
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Ishant was unlucky not to pick too many wickets though.

It's been like that for 11 years. May be the next 11 years will be lucky.
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:29   #10382
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Selection of Pandya may be the biggest wrong decision in this test. Already, he has proved he can't do much with his bowling. Only need to see if he can contribute with the bat, especially if there is a slump and he plays an important knock lower down in the order. In his place, Jadeja would've been a better choice especially with his bowling and on this pitch that could have made a difference.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd August 2018 at 11:34.
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:31   #10383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Not too sure about Nair but if Karthik keeps dropping catches & doesn't score too many runs, Pant will come in for sure. Our captain loves ringing in the changes! I don't even think Rahane's place is secure in the team.
Dhawan is likely to fail and will be replaced by Pujara. And then, if we replace Pandya with a batsman - Nair might play.

Interesting to see if India will take the new ball straightaway today or, what I think is more likely, give Ashwin a chance to finish the innings off with the old ball.
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:42   #10384
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Dhawan is likely to fail and will be replaced by Pujara. And then, if we replace Pandya with a batsman - Nair might play.
Lets wait for 3-4 innings to see how everyone goes about their job.

Ideally, team should have adopted a safety first approach by playing 6 batsman since that had been our nemesis in SA but our team management is obsessed with Pandya for some reason.
I personally feel 5th bowler is always under bowled & after his 1st spell Pandya was leaking runs.
Perhaps in later tests if given a chance, Jadeja can bowl more tight overs & hold one end up just like how Ashwin did yesterday.
Old 2nd August 2018, 17:42   #10385
Senior - BHPian

Looks like we have new IPL star playing test cricket in Rahul. Pity that he started as the Test batsman, acquired IPL skill and now unable to let go of the IPL hangover.
Old 2nd August 2018, 18:00   #10386
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the indian top order is already being tested with score reading 76 for 3. Both openers out scoring 20s and KL Rahul with just 4. For now we still have Kohli and Rahane not out and close to getting to 2 digit scores. Hopefully this will not end in disaster, fingers crossed.
Old 2nd August 2018, 18:29   #10387
Senior - BHPian

I am disappointed with KL Rahul. Keeps flattering only to decieve. A pity the way he got out.

Now English bowlers making the ball talk and even Rahane chasing the ball outside off. I hope we don't end with a huge deficit!
Old 2nd August 2018, 18:57   #10388
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, turning out to be a battle for the Indian batsmen to save their wickets! Ben stokes is bowling an amazing spell of swing bowling. Rahane gone, then DK for a duck and Pandya too was given out lbw but he survived with a referral.

And just now kohli's catch was put down in the slips. Followed by a dropped catch of Pandya

India surviving dangerously and luck is favouring them now but when will they run out of it ?

Last edited by NPV : 2nd August 2018 at 18:58.
Old 2nd August 2018, 19:08   #10389
Senior - BHPian

Pandya is just prodding every ball out there. He is not in the team for his bowling alone. If this is the way he is going to play then irrespective of what he scores in this match, India should look at replacing him with a better bowler who can at least contribute better with the ball.

But for the time being I hope he sticks around for some time. Kohli is the kind of player who can hurt teams bad if they give him too many chances.
Old 2nd August 2018, 20:08   #10390
BHPian

Interesting Test Match. Again, hopeless Indian batting. How many times would we see this? Saw Rahane bat - ridiculous. He probably should have been out 4 times. Kohli did nick a few but always used a soft grip so that the ball doesn't carry. Pandya was living a charmed life out there.

Agree with Pujara being dropped, but Dhawan still in? We just don't seem to learn, Dhawan always starts in the playing XI and fails and then is dropped after 2 Tests. The cycle just keeps repeating itself. I would have Rahul open and Nair at 3. I would still bat KL Rahul atleast till 3 Tests, if he keeps failing, then I'd drop him for good. Also 4 fast men? India clearly missed Kuldeep.

I hope we do better but something tells me we are going to lose this one by a big margin.
Old 2nd August 2018, 21:03   #10391
Senior - BHPian

Well now I just hope Ishant and Umesh hang around to score 10-15 runs each and we get the deficit below 50. Anything above that and we are looking at a certain defeated!
Old 2nd August 2018, 21:09   #10392
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Kohli's game plan will change now, just hope he gets a century and keeps England's lead to about 50 runs or lesser.

Edit:after resisting and opposing the DRS, India must be happy they have it now, many decisions in their favour and helping survive the English onslaught.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd August 2018 at 21:27.
Old 2nd August 2018, 21:12   #10393
BHPian

England bowlers bowled consistent line outside off. Kept doing it over after over after over.
Indian bowlers were all over the place and were too straight.
Surely we have a better bowler than Ishant Sharma !!
Kuldeep or Bhuvi need to be in the team and if and when Bumrah gets fit he should too be in the 11.

Even though batting has looked terrible today I expect it to improve

The best team has to play so having an extra spinner even on a green top is okay IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Kohli's game plan will change now, just hope he gets a century and keeps England's lead to about 50 runs or lesser.
IMO koli should start playing shots when Shami comes to bat.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd August 2018 at 21:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 2nd August 2018, 21:25   #10394
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Surely we have a better bowler than Ishant Sharma !!

We will never know till Ishant decides to retire of his own volition.
Old 2nd August 2018, 22:35   #10395
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

In the end a great innings by Kohli (149) and England have a 13 run lead.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd August 2018 at 22:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks