Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2019, 09:04   #11656
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Cricket Thread

Note from Support: IPL discussions on this thread (The IPL Thread) please. Thanks.
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:06   #11657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think it is time for RCB to look at a new captain. As good as he is on the field, Kohli has failed on the strategic front at RCB - right from the auction to reading the pitch to selecting the playing 11 etc.

RCB needs an overhaul, much like KKR did earlier.
Quoting from the IPL thread...How true is this for the Indian World cup team also. We probably have 2 batsmen, 2 bowlers and 1 wicket keeper that we can rely upon. Rest all are selection blunders that VK has made and justifying it (with the coach backing him). In a team game, if we can rely on only less than half of the players, the result can never be positive. I've seriously lost hopes of us winning the WC2019.

I'm still a big fan of Kohli the batsman, Kohli the fielder, Kohli the passionate, dedicated athlete.
Old 13th April 2019, 23:44   #11658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Rest all are selection blunders that VK has made and justifying it (with the coach backing him). In a team game, if we can rely on only less than half of the players, the result can never be positive. I've seriously lost hopes of us winning the WC2019.

I'm still a big fan of Kohli the batsman, Kohli the fielder, Kohli the passionate, dedicated athlete.
Very true... But this has happened too often, and its all predictable. Every time Kohli comes out backs up his decisions, and then coach comes out and then he says the same things, and then for effect throws in some explosive statements and everyone just goes after that, and the original issue is lost or buried deep somewhere.
Old 14th April 2019, 15:27   #11659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting from the IPL thread...How true is this for the Indian World cup team also. We probably have 2 batsmen, 2 bowlers and 1 wicket keeper that we can rely upon. Rest all are selection blunders that VK has made and justifying it (with the coach backing him). In a team game, if we can rely on only less than half of the players, the result can never be positive. I've seriously lost hopes of us winning the WC2019.

Nice. Just wondering who are the two batsmen we can rely upon? Kohli - yes. Who is the other one?
Old 14th April 2019, 15:43   #11660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Nice. Just wondering who are the two batsmen we can rely upon? Kohli - yes. Who is the other one?
in the current ODI setup, one out of either Rohit or Shikhar on any particular day and definitely not both of them on the same day.
Old 15th April 2019, 12:06   #11661
PPS
Senior - BHPian

The circus around the Indian Team's selection for the World Cup will get over today afternoon. Can't believe few of the prominent ex-cricketers want Saini & Samson to be included in the squad!

From what i read, teams can be changed upto 23rd May without ICC permission.
Old 15th April 2019, 13:20   #11662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
The circus around the Indian Team's selection for the World Cup will get over today afternoon. Can't believe few of the prominent ex-cricketers want Saini & Samson to be included in the squad!
1. Who is Saini?

2. Samson has a better cricketing head on his shoulders than Pant. I would rate even Dinesh Karthik above Pant for taking to the World Cup.
Old 15th April 2019, 13:49   #11663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
1. Who is Saini?
A tall, young fast bowler playing in RCB now. He along with Prasidh Krishna are promising fast bowling prospects.

But it's too early to have them in the Indian team IMO
Old 15th April 2019, 14:07   #11664
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A tall, young fast bowler playing in RCB now. He along with Prasidh Krishna are promising fast bowling prospects.

But it's too early to have them in the Indian team IMO
Navdeep has already been a part of the test squad before, without getting a game though. He looks a very good prospect indeed.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th April 2019 at 14:08. Reason: correction
Old 15th April 2019, 15:24   #11665
Team-BHP Support

Squad: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Vijay Shankar, KL Rahul, Dinesh Karthik

Good luck guys

Last edited by Eddy : 15th April 2019 at 15:25.
Old 15th April 2019, 16:54   #11666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Squad: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Vijay Shankar, KL Rahul, Dinesh Karthik

Good luck guys
Selectors have made good of who were available. It lacks the No.4. Nobody in the current line-up or those who missed making the squad can claim to be a solid No. 4. Others numbers have to up their game to fill this gap.

PS: Considering English conditions, my dark horse for No 4 would have been Pujara.
Old 15th April 2019, 17:00   #11667
BHPian

Quote:
Batting looks quite top heavy. My heart goes out to Ambati Rayudu - had the World Cup come a year early, he would have definitely made the cut.

Shankar/Karthik/Rahul can bat at 4, but none of the three have established themselves. Also, he WC is too short a competition for experiments. I would bat Dhoni at 4 - just for his temprament and experience, and not because he's technically more sound than any of the other three.

No complaints or surprises in the bowling dept - the best of what is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
PS: Considering English conditions, my dark horse for No 4 would have been Pujara.
Rahane would have been my dark horse! He's got more experience with white ball cricket and his basic technique is good. Recent form was questionable though.

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 15th April 2019 at 17:04.
Old 15th April 2019, 17:35   #11668
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Dropping Rayadu is an absolute shocker. Rayadu only has himself to blame though as he lost form at the wrong time. Selectors were grooming him all these months as the ideal no.4 & gave him sort of an assurance as well. But i guess that's how it is.

KL makes it to the squad, I do not know based on what.

Selectors have been quite inconsistent with their policies! Someone like Pant (thankfully not picked for WC) is not good enough to be selected for ODI's but was given a Grade A contract a few months back.
Old 15th April 2019, 18:22   #11669
BHPian

I was half expecting Rahane to make the cut. But Rahul is not that bad on current form either.

I like the look of the Aussie squad. Again a bit top heavy like our team.
Old 15th April 2019, 18:50   #11670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
KL makes it to the squad, I do not know based on what.
My point exactly!! I can't help but think there is some political backing or something like that behind KL Rahul's inclusion. Just go back a few pages on this very thread and we can clearly see the level of exasperation this guy causes in the minds of fans. I hope Kohli won't have to pay heavily for his selection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks