Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 11:27   #14611
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Ranveer Singh recreates the historical moment when Kapil Dev and his squad won the 1983 World Cup.

Ranveer got Kapil Dev accent and mannerism spot on.

Trailer

Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 11:27   #14612
Senior - BHPian

Everyone is forgetting this is not our complete first choice 11. If Rohit, Rahul, Kohli, Bumrah, Shami, Pant were playing match could have been over way before. Bumrah would have picked the last wicket with his yorkers. Considering that the team did a good job of staying in a winning position till the last ball. Plus the pitch didn't crumble, it wasn't the usual 5 day pitch in India. Still the spinners tried their best.

Ishant sharma doesn't work in India. Need to play Siraj next game. Kohli should come in for Rahane with everyone else keeping their position.

Btw, I know Dravid applauded the pitch curator but I am not agreeable with it. We need spinning wickets at home cos that's our strength since eternity. NZ, SA, England prepare tracks which is their strength. Pitch shouldn't be a minefield but need to give support to spinners third day onwards and not a flat one even on day 5.

Last edited by harry10 : 30th November 2021 at 11:32.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 12:02   #14613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ranveer Singh recreates the historical moment when Kapil Dev and his squad won the 1983 World Cup
Looking forward to this one. Indeed, most of the actors have picked up mannerisms and voice modulations quite well. Been a fan of Kabir Khan's story stelling and cinematography since a long time now.

The 1st half seems to be a lighter or comical take on the team members. Hope it does not turn out like Azhar which was more of a comedy movie than anything else.

Meanwhile, there are rumours of KL Rahul & Rashid Khan getting banned for 2022 IPL. Sources report that both have approached Lucknow Franchise. Similar incident had happened with Jadeja and he was banned from IPL 2010.
Attached Thumbnails
The Cricket Thread-screenshot_20211130123036_twitter.jpg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 30th November 2021 at 12:32.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 13:29   #14614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ranveer Singh recreates the historical moment when Kapil Dev and his squad won the 1983 World Cup.

Absolutely. I will be watching this in a theater asap, even if I have to wear a PPE kit.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 13:48   #14615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
hope the management don't get ideas to slot Rahane in the 11. The VC needs a break and some domestic/county cricket to regain his form.
I don’t think the team management is going to drop the Mumbai boy for a test in Mumbai.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Meanwhile, there are rumours of KL Rahul & Rashid Khan getting banned for 2022 IPL. Sources report that both have approached Lucknow Franchise. Similar incident had happened with Jadeja and he was banned from IPL 2010.
Rahul somehow has a knack of getting into BCCI’s bad boys list

Last edited by pandey.jai : 30th November 2021 at 13:52. Reason: Added reply
Old 30th November 2021, 14:05   #14616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I dont understand why the franchise does not get penalized and only the players do.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 14:31   #14617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting. Now of course BCCI will crack the whip and dictate terms. They're always in favour of capitalism and free market economics...as long as they get to control it all! But wonder if in the long-term we'll start seeing player contract release-clauses in the IPL like in international club football.

Last edited by am1m : 30th November 2021 at 14:33.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 15:25   #14618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

OT discussion

Nice trailer. It'll be interesting to see how much they stick to the original storyline and how much they dramatize.

For example, the India vs Zimbabwe was a match that was forgotten/unattended by majority. Only 4 news reporter attended that match, one of whom was Ayaz Memon. A good article of his covering that series is here. I do hope they stick to original story as much as possible - from what I have heard, that team did wonders beating all the odds. That story is worth gold today.
Old 1st December 2021, 12:15   #14619
BHPian

Quote:
Former India and Karnataka player Dodda Ganesh has come down heavy on stand-in captain Ajinkya Rahane for his awful batting performance in the 1st India vs New Test, saying that "enough is enough".
https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...263859749.html
Old 1st December 2021, 12:25   #14620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
It's one thing for clueless people like me who won't even make it to the neighborhood gully cricket team to take shots at current cricketers in the anonymity of an online forum. No one is really going to take me seriously. But why do national newspapers carry opinions of ex-cricketers who haven't even played anywhere near the number of Tests that the people they are targeting have?! A lot of people read that.

Like the cut-off for statistical purposes, there should be a cut-off too for ex-players who pass off as authoritative sources in newspapers- should have played a minimum of 50 international Tests!

Last edited by am1m : 1st December 2021 at 12:29.
Old 1st December 2021, 12:32   #14621
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I dont understand why the franchise does not get penalized and only the players do.
Because franchisee has paid big bucks $$$ and players are as usual expendable. Same with match fixing, players get banned but the club is always back to play.
Old 1st December 2021, 14:14   #14622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Because franchisee has paid big bucks $$$ and players are as usual expendable. Same with match fixing, players get banned but the club is always back to play.
Not true.
CSK and RR were banned for 2 years due to the betting scandal. And betting is different than match fixing. So clubs do get banned if offense is proven. Jadeja was banned for 1 year cos he broke the retention rules, just like Rahul and Rashid have if the reports are true. They can't get into talks with any franchise before their contract is over. However I am yet to see any confirmation from any reliable source from franchises or bcci over this so this all maybe hearsay.

The window for new franchise have started from 1 Dec and till 25th dec they can decide to approach all the players who weren't retained by their franchise.

I expect Rashid and Rahul to get anywhere between 15-18 Crore.

@am1m- Forget gully cricketers, even a 10 year old can tell Rahane is past his sell by date since a long time and is a free loader blocking a worthy place of a youngster now. Ganesh has spoken exactly what every cricket fan believes. Ganesh isn't from Mumbai lobby like Gavaskar to support Rahane knowing fully well the reality is opposite. And by the way serious fans are quite knowledgeable as well. Don't need to play 50 tests to understand who should be in team and who not.

Last edited by harry10 : 1st December 2021 at 14:19.
Old 1st December 2021, 14:15   #14623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Like the cut-off for statistical purposes, there should be a cut-off too for ex-players who pass off as authoritative sources in newspapers- should have played a minimum of 50 international Tests!
Above 50 we may not get good writers. I would suggest 40 or maybe 1 (1 just to feel the test arena)
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 14:16   #14624
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Not true.
So clubs do get banned if offense is proven
Yup exactly what I said, clubs always get back but players are disposed off for the same scandals.
Old 1st December 2021, 14:24   #14625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Yup exactly what I said, clubs always get back but players are disposed off for the same scandals.
Jadeja was back after 1 year.
Rahul and Hardik were back after suspended for controversy even when they didn't do anything on field.

Mohammad Amir was back after spot fixing scandal even in international. Steve Smith, Warner, Bancroft were back after sandpaper scandal.

So, players do get second chances depending on the severity of their action. If Rahul and Rashid are ban for 1 year they will be certainly back to play next year. But for something like match fixing which Hansie Cronje did it's good they don't come back for the betterment of the game.

IPL is now a brand which BCCI won't dilute, they don't care about franchise or players, only their brand so they will decide accordingly.

Most Viewed