Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2007, 21:00   #766
Senior - BHPian

Yuvraj needs to be looked at seriously at now, high time. Give him some space and time to work things out and hope he turns it around and not go to shoot more commercials.
Old 16th September 2007, 21:13   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Yuvraj needs to be looked at seriously at now, high time. Give him some space and time to work things out and hope he turns it around and not go to shoot more commercials.
Agree with that. Give him a long & consistent rope & see if he can deliver, else drop him.
Old 16th September 2007, 21:43   #768
BANNED

Seeing the batting display by all the team, I wonder, where the hell is Sachin Tendulkar?? This form of cricket is ideal for him. He is born to play this kind of cricket. I wish somebody flies him to South Africa and gives him a bat.
Old 17th September 2007, 00:41   #769
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Agree with that. Give him a long & consistent rope & see if he can deliver, else drop him.
Come on guys, look at the number of ODI's he has played. Close to 200, I ought to call him a senior player now. He has been given a really LONG shot. Like Rahul mentioned the other day, he is just one of them who KNOCKS on the door every now and then and not one of those who DESTROYS the door and cements his place consistently.

Its high time the youngsters were given a chance to see how they prove themselves in tough situations. So far not going good, hopefully we will see some good outcome from this series.

And don't expect Robin to be Mr. Consistent. He will play brilliantly on certain days and look ordinary on others. Thats the way he plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
Seeing the batting display by all the team, I wonder, where the hell is Sachin Tendulkar??
I bet he is sitting at home completely relaxed with Anjali and Sarah and saying to himself "Look at this team, they are nothing without me" .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 17th September 2007 at 00:43.
Old 17th September 2007, 10:36   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
And don't expect Robin to be Mr. Consistent. He will play brilliantly on certain days and look ordinary on others. Thats the way he plays.
Oh then he can never cement his place in the team. Brilliance is nothing without consistency. And I guess its time we drop Yuvraj and get Kaif in. And I would want Kaif to get the same amount of chances that Yuvraj got. We have Suresh Raina and Manoj Tiwary too.

But we need to get Rohit Sharma for Yuvraj and Chawla for Agarkar for the next match. Also find some one who could replace Sreesanth.

Also someone needs to sit and have a chat with Dhoni and explain to him that he is not a player that we depend on to save matches. he is the one we depend on to get us to victory. So better go out there and start hitting instead of defending.

Quote:
I bet he is sitting at home completely relaxed with Anjali and Sarah and saying to himself "Look at this team, they are nothing without me" .
Nah - he must be saying - get set guys I am your new captain.
Old 17th September 2007, 12:04   #771
BANNED

Quote:
Oh then he can never cement his place in the team. Brilliance is nothing without consistency.
It all depends on how well the management hones him. From whatever little I have seen he has matured a lot. Like I mentioned earlier the day he learns to VALUE his wicket and puts a price on it he will be dangerous. But its upto the senior players and the coach to make him realize this.

Quote:
And I guess its time we drop Yuvraj and get Kaif in. And I would want Kaif to get the same amount of chances that Yuvraj got.
I agree. But the only problem is that Yuvi is in the team playing in the death as a big hitter which Kaif isn't.

Quote:
But we need to get Rohit Sharma for Yuvraj and Chawla for Agarkar for the next match. Also find some one who could replace Sreesanth.
Not seen much of Rohit Sharma. But yes, Piyush needs to get back into the team.

Dhoni needs to stop doing commercials, if he is going to continue the way he is playing right now his house will soon be ransacked pretty shortly . He has suddenly rose to this stardom, and I think he might be getting carried away with his instant success.

Quote:
Nah - he must be saying - get set guys I am your new captain.
IMO Sachin wont accept captaincy not unless its just a stop gap arrangement for a series or a couple of months. This might happen only if dada refuses to accept captaincy too. But I am guessing that wont happen if he were offered the job.
Old 17th September 2007, 12:10   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMO Sachin wont accept captaincy not unless its just a stop gap arrangement for a series or a couple of months. This might happen only if dada refuses to accept captaincy too. But I am guessing that wont happen if he were offered the job.
According to reports in the newspapers, Sachin has citied personal reasons for attending the Sunfeast Open do which was scheduled for the 18th. That has set the tongues wagging and the newspapers going ballistic.

Now its being said that the Mumbai lobby worked against Dravid (including Vengsarkar) and Pawar did not even try and persuade Dravid to re-consider, instead within hours of his resignation , Sachin was already contacted and offered the captaincy.
Old 17th September 2007, 12:17   #773
BANNED

I am really not aware of who conspired against who. But, what I know is one has to respect Dravid's decision to resign. There is no point in asking someone to do what he does not like. This will cause more harm to the team than good.
Old 17th September 2007, 12:40   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't know much about Rohit Sharma but yes yuvraj singh seems too focussed on modeling than cricket.Don't know who will replace them but Ajit agarkar and Shreesanth need to be replaced as well.Dinesh Kartik too seems to be those one series wonders that India produces from time to time,also he drops way too many catches.

Please please play Yusuf Pathan he has the best strike rate for a batsmen from India [close to 200%],why is he being wasted.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 17th September 2007 at 12:48.
Old 17th September 2007, 17:09   #775
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Oh then he can never cement his place in the team. Brilliance is nothing without consistency. And I guess its time we drop Yuvraj and get Kaif in. And I would want Kaif to get the same amount of chances that Yuvraj got. We have Suresh Raina and Manoj Tiwary too.

Also someone needs to sit and have a chat with Dhoni and explain to him that he is not a player that we depend on to save matches. he is the one we depend on to get us to victory. So better go out there and start hitting instead of defending.
Both Yuvraj and Kaif need to be selected and retained, in my view, at least in Test cricket and the 50-over internationals. Forget 20/20, it's not the real thing. I am willing to bet that Pathan is being targetted as the guy to be dropped. Note that Dhoni gave Yuvraj a bowl, ignoring his regular bowler Pathan. Agarkar seems to be well connected now and may not be dropped. If Dhoni wanted another spinner to bowl, the logical choice was Sehwag, not Yuvraj. Baffling, but that's Indian cricket.

Looks like Dhoni is well on the way to being the next politician-captain of the Indian cricket team.

Last edited by rks : 17th September 2007 at 17:11.
Old 18th September 2007, 15:56   #776
BANNED

Hey just heard that Dhoni is the captain for ODIs. Sachin again missed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Looks like Dhoni is well on the way to being the next politician-captain of the Indian cricket team.
Old 18th September 2007, 16:37   #777
BHPian

When is India's next match?
Old 18th September 2007, 16:42   #778
BANNED

Dimitri Mascarenhas is turning out to be a dud with his batting. He is now in the hall of fame with players like Aquib Javed, who do well only against India.
Quote:
10. Mascharenhas.
Old 18th September 2007, 16:50   #779
BANNED

Remaining matches:

Tue 18 Australia v Pakistan 5:30PM
Tue 18 Bangladesh v Sri Lanka 9:30PM

Wed 19 South Africa v New Zealand 5:30PM
Wed 19 England v India 9:30PM

Thu 20 Australia v Sri Lanka 1:30PM
Thu 20 Bangladesh v Pakistan 5:30PM
Thu 20 South Africa v India 9:30PM

Sat 22 1st Semi Final 4:30PM
Sat 22 2nd Semi Final 9:30PM

Mon 24 Final 5:30PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
When is India's next match?
Old 18th September 2007, 17:42   #780
Senior - BHPian

Lets hope they dont include "Agarkar" in next match... he loves to get beaten all around...

Most Viewed