Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2007, 10:30   #916
Senior - BHPian

E_L,

One spell doesn't make a player good. Sreesanth bowled beautifully yesterday but he needs to show consistency. Yes every one has bad day and off days, but you have to have a semblance of consistency. Sreesanth is on his way but not quite there.

Jogi tried to bowl yorkers - and getting 22 runs in 6 deliveries is difficult for any team. Hussey was under tremendous pressure and with only tailenders to support him, there was a lot riding on his head. Jogi got most of his deliveries right in the block hole and Hussey had to go for it. Once he missed 2 deliveries it was all over. Mind you I am not taking anything away from Joginder's effort.

But I still feel he is the weak link in our bowling. Jogi and Sehwag as the combined 5th bowler went for 57 in 4 overs, any other part time bowler who is a batsman first can do that too. We need to get Kartick / Yousuf Pathan in for the final.

BCCI gives 10 million USD to the team for their effort and YUvraj gets a sports car.

@ Mclaren - Buddy, you must be happy now that our youngsters have stood up and delivered when it mattered.

Yes - we are going all the way. Pakistan better watch out. Ganpati Bappa Morya.

And this was the 2nd match where I sat in the same place facing the same direction - and I intend to do it again for the final - the only problem is the final is at 5 pm.
Old 23rd September 2007, 11:14   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Anyways a nice match and well played India. Just two words for the finals : Chak De
Its ironic that cricketing fraternity had to hijack the slogan/anthem song from a movie about women's hockey !!

My 2 cricketing cents.. Good captaincy from Dhoni, especially bringing back Sreesanth at precisely the right time. Hayden was always looking dangerous. More than Yuvi's batting, I was impressed by Sreesanth's bowling.. 4-1-12-2 isnt something that you'll get to see often even in a one day match !!
Old 23rd September 2007, 11:18   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

- the only problem is the final is at 5 pm.
Ohh dam most of us will be at work during that time.
Old 23rd September 2007, 11:18   #919
BANNED

HAHAHAHA ... The look on the faces of them Aussies when they were outplayed by a bunch of kids still trying to figure out what 20:20 was all about . Where are all the guys who kept cribbing about the men in blue ( they seem to have vanished all of a sudden ) , though I did see one Mr. Zappo say something but now has vanished again .

The bunch of them shut up a lot of critics ... also it goes to show that 20:20 is here to stay and anyone can beat anyone . Men in blue did it in style and the thing to notice is that they kept there nerves even in nail biting situations . 5th bowler is definitely a weak link but I can't see anyone else getting a look in for the final as the guys on teh bench are without experience so let them stick with man from Haryana and who knows , he might come good in the finals .

The cricketing worlds , organisers . sponosrers , viewers , etc etc dream final has finally happened -- INDIA vs PAKISTAN , can't get better than this and I don't care who wins as long as it is a nail biting end ( whatever few nails we still might have left ) . I obviously will hope that India wins -- !!

Monday eve .. drop what you doing , shut down ur factories and get in front of the tube -- its gonna be a great match .

Rt @ what teh hell you doing watching cricket .. or were you watching another Tamilian flick but with better acting by the Aussies compared to the SA ?? Or is it that you love the boundary shots so that you get to oggle at them dancers .... obviously it has to be something else and definitely not the cricket that has you glued to the tube

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2007, 13:17   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
i think Ganguly, Tandulkar need to retire
Who are they? I dont remember seeing any Indian players with those names.
Old 23rd September 2007, 14:49   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Who are they? I dont remember seeing any Indian players with those names.
You will see a lot of them before the end of this year. India is playing Aussies for a 7 ODI home series. And after what happened in England, I am really looking forward to this series with Dhoni as captain.
Old 23rd September 2007, 20:19   #922
BHPian

did anyone notice that Sreesanth looks like bugs bunny when he celebrates?
Old 23rd September 2007, 20:29   #923
Senior - BHPian

I saw highlights of India batting in youtube. It was some fantastic hitting by Yuvi. I really enjoyed it. Can those guys stuck momentarily in Uncle Sam's unfortunate land have some live fun please? Any way I can see the match live? Please do not ask me to go to cricinfo.com.
Old 23rd September 2007, 21:12   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I saw highlights of India batting in Youtube. It was some fantastic hitting by Yuvi. I really enjoyed it. Can those guys stuck momentarily in Uncle Sam's unfortunate land have some live fun please? Any way I can see the match live? Please do not ask me to go to cricinfo.com.
live fun?? he he.. Man you, sitting in Min-ap-policem should be telling us more about that
Old 24th September 2007, 11:12   #925
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

NC, thats the kind of display we always expect from our youngsters. Debut or not, perform when the chips are down. OZ's do it, so do England, SA, Pakistan infact any team other than ours. But it was nice and refreshing to see youngsters perform in tight situations.

T20 is still in its infancy. With more promising close encounters to come. But let us not generalize the bigger formats of the game based on performances from T20. A 50 over game is a whole lot different from 20 overs. And I am still not convinced if this team will be as menacing as it is now on a 50 over match.

Pak hasn't beaten India in a WC match. Hoping the trend continues. Hope this one lives upto the Indo-Pak reputation and the result is decided on the last ball . After all, a good game of cricket is what we all ask for.

Can't wait for the 7 ODI's v/s the Aussies to begin. That is the real deal.
Old 24th September 2007, 11:22   #926
Senior - BHPian

What a match....Great batting and lovely bowling...

Yuvi, Sreeshanth were the heroes of the day.

I wonder why always the batsmen is given credits (esp by the media). Both Gilchrist and hayden were looking dangerous. if one of them had stayed longer the match would have easily slipped away.

But Yuvi is in amazing form, hope he bats like this always Also Uthapa is looking good.

India surely needs a good 5th bowler, hope they get a spinner in place of Yoginder sharma.

Hope India winds today!

Lastly this team looks to be good, its the youngsters making the magic. Dhoni is looking to be one of the best or the Best captian India ever had, not for getting the result but fo the way he is handling. looks like he is a good Leader!
Old 24th September 2007, 11:25   #927
BHPian

if india has to win today it iwill be our bowlers which will help us win the match
Old 24th September 2007, 12:27   #928
Senior - BHPian

Tooooooo much expectation from the Indian team. Hope they live upto it.
Old 24th September 2007, 12:38   #929
Senior - BHPian

So its finally today. Looking forward to see a good match. Now who all are running away early from work?

Wow this is my first post in the cricket thread
Old 24th September 2007, 14:04   #930
BHPian

Our generous BOSS, at office (BAnk) has arranged for a Projector Screening of the match, with some refreshments. ,for todays match.

Last edited by major : 24th September 2007 at 14:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks