Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2007, 01:24   #1081
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i think its all fixed but great match it was..
cheers both the teams.
I have my doubts too. Everybody, including ICC, has a vested interest in keeping the enthusiasm alive in our cricket-crazy fans.

But as long as we have no evidence of any foul play, we might as well enjoy the Indian victory. I am happy for the youngsters like RP Singh, Irfan Pathan and Rohit Sharma who did very well in this tournament. Youssuf Pathan looks like a good prospect and his rapid but small contribution with the bat in the final was important (we won by only 5 runs). Yuvraj finally lived up to his tremendous potential, but needs to improve his attitude.

In the longer versions of the game, our weak bowling will be exposed unless we are willing to give genuine all-rounders like Irfan Pathan a chance to blossom. And younger players like Karthik, Kaif, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, etc. should be brought in to replace our senior players. Captaincy is bound to take its toll on Dhoni, given his vital role as keeper-batsman, especially in Test matches. Kaif or Yuvraj should take on the mantle in Tests at least.

I think 20/20 cricket will raise the overall standard of the 50-over game, just as the 50-over contest improved the standards in Test cricket Batsmen are so much more aggresive in Test cricket these days and fielding has improved by leaps and bounds. Unfortunately, genuine pace bowlers may become the vicitms of this overcrowded international schedule.
Old 25th September 2007, 01:35   #1082
BANNED

DAMN ... I log on after finishing my pints and pints of beer and I see more movement here than the entire forum put together and that too from guys who are know to be the most PESSIMISTIC supporters , the same guys who lambasted the team when we dropped out of the WC a few months ago , guys who thought India should never have gone for the 20:20 as they didn't know what it was all about specially with bowlers who woudl get thrammed all over ........ but the MEN IN BLUE prove each one of them TOTALLY WRONG -- up yours to all you pessimistic asses !!!

A win that goes to show that we should never give up hope on our team ... support them no matter what ... we all have our ups and downs ( even in life ) ... its just a game and running around painting their houses black or lambasting them at a loss ( shows how illiterate we are ) and then suddenly jumping on to the CONGRATULATORY BANDWAGON when they do win goes to show the immaturity the public of India ..... jealous of the fact that they have business houses lining up to pay them top bucks for ads ( noone remebers the crores they earn modelling ) .... !!!

Inspite of a great win we have some people wondering how much Mizbah was paid to play a cheeky shot when he got caught ( some ppl r so entrenched in fiction ) .... let me tell you one thing guys , if you havn't ever stepped away from your keyboard to play a actual game with actual nerve racking situations , you will never know what pressure can do to the best of us .... so get of that butt and stop commenting where you have no clue what you talking about -- India won fair and square and who ever thinks otherwise , name the location that you in coz I'll help you locate the nearest water body/cliff for you to go end your sorry *** life .

Mclaren @ grow up mate ... all along I thought you knew what you were talking about when it came to cricket but your comments today have shown that you stilla 20 yr old ..... its like the age old line used in racing , it doesnt matter wether you win by a mile or an inch -- WINNING IS WINNING !!! Don't go looking into why we didnt win convincingly or how we will perform over the next few months , just savour what you were fed today and then worry about tomorrow when you wake up tomorrow !!

Zappo @ do you have any clue about cricket or you just posting coz you feel you should ????

Samurai @ Did you ask the question about how much someone was paid for that one shot ------ I really hope you get your answers soon or you might lose a lot of sleep over the next few day wondering about the figure .

iraghava @ you really change colors quickly ... from lambasting teh boys and giving them no hope to suddenly celebrating as you never had faith in them !!

Genuine Fans @ Everyone has their bad days and their good days ... doesn't mean that things will stay good all the time or bad all the time . Its a game which looks very easy from the outside but knowing the idiotic public and their reactions a lot of stress is created for them so CHEER them every time they get onto the field and CHEER them everytime they get of the field no matter what the result is . A senior member here taunted me when I todl him I placed 10k on the MEN IN BLUE before we started bowling and he sent me a sms saying ' rich and stupid farmer ' but what he didn't realise that farmers ain't rich nor stupid . We as farmers have faith in the men that represent our soil .... no matter whether they lose or win , for us they will always remain as Team India and we shall CHEER CHEER CHEER and CHEER !!!

Pessimistic fans @ I wish I could say two words .... but as I can't do that , I will tell you guys one thing and only one thing ...... Team India can do without you guys , you guys are here when the going is good but change colors when the going gets tough and thats one thing we can do with out !!! GO TO HELL .........

Team India @ Well played and the way you have played in the last few matches goes to show that if you guys play without the fear and repurcusions of losing you guys will shine . STOP listening to what the desk top critics have to say and just go out and play how you think you should as you are your best masters and we shall support you irrespective of the final result . Kick some Aussie butt and prove all these fake supporters wrong

GO INDIA GO .......................

Cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 25th September 2007 at 07:08.
khaadu75 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th September 2007, 01:40   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Going by the book: Pakistan

Going by the bookies: Could be India.

I guess the bookies won today

Last edited by iraghava : 25th September 2007 at 01:50.
Old 25th September 2007, 02:03   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
iraghava @ you really change colors quickly ... from lambasting teh boys and giving them no hope to suddenly celebrating as you never had faith in them !!
Yeah, well I lambasted them when I felt they were pathetic & applauded them when they do well. Is that bad? I don't think so. I evaluate them on their performances and react in the way that's required.

When they did badly earlier I criticised them since in my book if they perform badly & lose they deserve the criticism. And when they do well I leave no stone unturned to praise them. Rest assured Khaadu, I'm a true fan but a realistic one, I don't go praising them blindly. When I see a bad performance I like to call it a bad performance.

I was ecstatic when we did wonderfully well in England and heartbroken when we lost the one day series. That's how I react and that is how I shall continue to do so.
Old 25th September 2007, 02:26   #1085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Surely an India - Pak final now
Quote:
50% of the prophesy through ! Now for the other 50%
Quote:
Good. Second 50% taken care of. Now all that remains are the formalities to get the cup home on Monday.
Aha - All prophesies come true.
Old 25th September 2007, 03:31   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen, all hail our soothsayer "Shuvc"! Good work there man!

Now what do you think about the upcoming mid-term elections?
Old 25th September 2007, 06:44   #1087
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Mclaren @ grow up mate ... all along I thought you knew what you were talking about when it came to cricket but your comments today have shown that you stilla 20 yr old ..... its like the age old line used in racing , it doesnt matter wether you win by a mile or an inch -- WINNING IS WINNING !!! Don't go looking into why we didnt win convincingly or how we will perform over the next few months
Sorry Khaadu, I do not believe in that mantra. I was there supporting our team when they were in the dumps, while all these wonderful men here were choosing the choicest of words to describe how each of them had to be slayed or dropped. I wonder how the very same would have reacted if India had lost this match. The very same people who are offering tons of praises here. Its quite sad that we have such a mentality, but thats the way it is.

Khaadu, its this short memory that we have. Today we won the WC and everyone is jumping with joy, tomorrow if we loose the series against Australia or Pakistan once again all the critics will be out lambasting (and I am surely going to be around to watch it happen). All I want our team to do is be consistent in winning (going by your WINNING IS WINNING mantra) be it against any opposition (and not some shades of brilliance once in a fortnight), and decimate them completely when the opposition is reeling on the carpet (than allow them to get back in the hunt). Not everyone's views are going to be like mine, but I don't expect that to happen either.

That said, the Australia series will start rather soon. I will be glued on to the TV sets (and its certainly NOT JUST because India won a WC) and will keep checking this thread for updates. I am sure we will have another round of words really soon . Though, what I will really be looking forward to in the future is some test matches, this T20 is like a lottery. Now give us the longer versions of the game.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th September 2007 at 06:50.
Old 25th September 2007, 08:08   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
cheers both the teams.
I second you, except for some very good fielding display.

I still couldn't digest the way hayden was walking down the pitch and heaving at the ball and getting beaten. Very little chance for that...

Some how it feels like WWE=ICC.
Old 25th September 2007, 09:32   #1089
BANNED

Hey guys, I have 2 suggestions for you all:

1. Watch domestic, first class cricket, where the stakes are low and nobody bothers fixing matches.

2. Play gully cricket yourself. Keep track of scores and how wicket falls.

After these, compare these to any International cricket match. Then find an instance of fixing in your gully, domestic cricket. Tell me the results.

Quote:
cheers both the teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I have my doubts too. Everybody, including ICC, has a vested interest in keeping the enthusiasm alive in our cricket-crazy fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
I second you, except for some very good fielding display.

I still couldn't digest the way hayden was walking down the pitch and heaving at the ball and getting beaten. Very little chance for that...

Some how it feels like WWE=ICC.
Old 25th September 2007, 09:39   #1090
BANNED

Hey man, atleast enjoy the win ! Don't say we should have lost
Your talk as if India cheated Pakistan & won the T20 WC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
IMO Pakistan DESERVED to win after being in the dumps.
EDIT: I know why you are not happy - Sachin T not in team. That could be the reason why we won the WC

Last edited by diabloo : 25th September 2007 at 09:41.
Old 25th September 2007, 10:16   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Being an Indian would not have cherished a much sweeter moment than the win last night. I feel that both the teams played their heart out especially after being knocked out of the World Cup in West Indies in the very first round. This has been a moment of reckoning for the Asian giants stamping their authority.

"Dhoni's Daredevils"-----> I would say held their nerve and it was one humdinger of a match.
Old 25th September 2007, 10:17   #1092
BHPian

Winning is winning !! and i am happy that India has come back, and has taken away the cup !! the youngsters are doing a fantastic job...cheers to Dhoni and his boys !!
Old 25th September 2007, 10:17   #1093
BHPian

Well Done India!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey guys, I have 2 suggestions for you all:

1. Watch domestic, first class cricket, where the stakes are low and nobody bothers fixing matches.

2. Play gully cricket yourself. Keep track of scores and how wicket falls.

After these, compare these to any International cricket match. Then find an instance of fixing in your gully, domestic cricket. Tell me the results.
Well I very much agree with Diabloo here.

Whatever anybody might say, I am happy for us being the winners of atleast the shortest version of the game...

WELL DONE INDIA!!!

afterall - the Quote as attributed to Pritish Nandy-"It is an Indian game. It just happened to be invented by the British)..."

For most of us, Cricket is the religion and I really couldn't help dancing with joy despite the fact that I am so far away from all my cricket friends in Delhi... I celebrated the win at night [2.00 am Melbourne time] with my wife, '01-month old little one" and my mom.... I can feel the confidence and the high moral within me because of this win.. It just reflects in whatever we do.... What say??
Old 25th September 2007, 10:32   #1094
Senior - BHPian

A great match indeed which kept us guessing till the last wicket fell. Irfan Pathan deserved the man of the match and for me R.P.Singh was the man of tournament. The best thing was that it was a team effort and everyone contributed to the victory. It's high time we move away from the personality culture. I am going to stick my head out and say this, if Sachin, Sourav and Rahul had played we wouldn't have won the cup. Young players got us the world cup. Good job team India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Actually it should be ... show middle finger to Greg chappell,
Greg Chappel should be showing us the middle finger. We Indians have a habit of hogging all the credit when things go good for us. All the time that Chappel was the coach, he kept repeating like a parrot that youngsters are the way to go and we should give young players a chance. Then all of us were going gaga over Dada and calling Chappel names. Today we hail Yuvraj as the hero. Chappel had commented that Yuvraj has other things on his mind and if he concentrates on his game he can turn out to be a great asset to the team. Back them we took his comments personally and lambasted him for 'talking crap'. I find the headlines in today's newspapers and the media reports funny. Print and TV Media are talking about youngsters doing it for India. Chappel said the same thing. Back then he was the villian because we couldn't think of a future without Sachin, Sourav and Rahul. Today the media is asking who Sachin, Rahul and Sourav?
Old 25th September 2007, 10:33   #1095
Team-BHP Support

khaadu khaadu khaadu...! I think you've been inhaling too many fertilizer fumes man.

Can't someone be angry when their team lose? And can't that same person be happy when they win without being accused of being something or another?

I'm not a huge cricket fan. I watch a few games here and there and sometimes pen down my thoughts as a total novice to the game. Just as many others do. And just like many others do, I've played cricket in the gullys and on the terrace of my building.

By your logic, no one except the few drivers who actually drive F1 cars should dare comment on F1. Or, and a bit closer to home, if you haven't taken part in a rally, you shouldn't be comment on anything to do with rallying (though thats about to change ).

Get over the holier than thou stuff man. In short all I'm saying is, and I say it as a friend, spare us the speech's please.

Most Viewed