Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:35   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this on Rediff:

Armpit
by ASG on Oct 02, 2007 06:30 PM | [COLOR=#0066cc]Hide replies[/COLOR]

Armpit
The strength of the batsman lies in the strength of his armpit.
There should be special trining for the players to enhance their armpit strength in particular.
If the armpit strenth is good, hitting sixers would not be a problem.
The Dhobi or the washermen clan or caste people can serve india better. Actually while thrashing soap soaked clothes they develop strong armpit muscles traditionally and all Dobi sons be given special batsman training to make them ready to play for India.
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:37   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
It was sad to see both Tendulkar and Yuvraj falling for the traps that were SO obviously set up for them. Two very conspicuous fielders (you gotta be blind to not see Symonds) in two very unusual positions that they are known to have a weakness for, and both of them took the bait.
I think The Dwarf is now senile. And the Aussies have this good thing going. Lee, McGrath, Warne all say he's the best ever, he is damn happy, so is our janta, and he still gets violated every time on the field.
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:48   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Lee, McGrath, Warne all say he's the best ever, he is damn happy, so is our janta, and he still gets violated every time on the field.
Funny that you say it, because I've felt the same. Every time he looks dodgy and good enough to be dropped, TOI and other such yellow journals are filled with praise from players of the country we're about to play.

I used to think that these were planted by his propoganda machine (and thats a very large and well paid one, I would assume), but yes it makes sense for our opponents to do the same so that we are reminded of how great a player he is - that way they only have to face 10.5 or 10 opponents on the field.
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:59   #1399
rks
BANNED

Without a doubt our spinners failed badly in this game, on a pitch where Hogg and Clarke were able to get prodigious turn. The Aussie batsmen were willing to use their feet to attack our spinners, while our batsmen, supposedly better players of spin, were stuck to the crease.

On the positive side, Pathan gave a very good display of accurate bowling. Pathan should take the opportunity to get some decent scores with the bat. Unfortunately he got run out today, in a bad mix-up with Dhoni; I think Dhoni called for the run and then backed out, leaving Pathan stranded.

We need five bowlers who can get the job done against the formiddable Aussie batting. I still say go with 5 bowlers (including Pathan) because the part-timers will get brutally slaughtered by the Aussies. Our batsmen seem unequal to the task of getting a 300+ score, which will be the norm with the Aussies. Time to consider Rohit Sharma, Ganguly (if fit) and Karthik.
Old 2nd October 2007, 19:24   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Its our esteemed batting line-up that keeps falling like a pack of cards all the time.
Why not the other way around, after having aussies in trouble at 4 wickets down below 100, it were the bowlers who still let them score 300+ in two matches in a row. No matter how good is the batting line up scoring 300+ batting second isnt easy at all. Its easy to blame the batsmen while bowlers get away.... batting is our strength, that dont mean our bowlers can get away, bowling rubbish.
Old 2nd October 2007, 19:42   #1401
Senior - BHPian

I really don't think people like Powar should be on the team. No offense meant,but i think there are better player who ought to be given a chance in this series.
The senior players didn't really do much. Tendulkar got hit all over the place,and he didn't contribute much with the willow. Dravid atleast played a fair innings. The fielding was sloppy!! I thought that they had improved,but it just goes to show that without much of the young blood playing,we'r still the same old Indian team.

The game seemed so one-sided. Kinda annoyed me,since I had to sit through the night to watch the game.

You are right,extreme_torque.. our bowling really sucked! I'd really like to see RP Singh back, and Powar out for the next game.
Old 2nd October 2007, 20:04   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Every time india looses we do make such comments and the selectors, the manager, the captain (incl. ex-captains) need to think what went wrong analyze and put up a strategy for counter attack atleast from next game onwards. This is the 2nd time we have failed to contain aussies scoring 300+ after they loosing quick wickets <100 on board.

I feel the players are not even bothered to display a courageous knock afterall they have got the moolah they were longing for a very long long time.
Old 2nd October 2007, 20:18   #1403
Senior - BHPian

I sincerely feel its time for the 3 senior players to say bye-bye to the team. There's so much of young talent that can be used. Every other team has brought in fresh blood,and the results are seen at some point or the other. Best example would be Bangladesh- mostly youngsters. They may not have much experience,but over time they'll definitely improve & prove themselves.
Old 2nd October 2007, 20:20   #1404
BHPian

Australian team is bullying our team!

Where do they get these bouncer like guys to play cricket from? This guy Hadden is just a well trained bouncer who happened to play cricket. We must get some big guy into the team as well. Big guys can general bowl fast so they must be trained to improve on there speed. We need some well built guys with killer instinct to win the Auzes wrestling team.
Old 2nd October 2007, 20:43   #1405
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I feel the players are not even bothered to display a courageous knock afterall they have got the moolah they were longing for a very long long time.
Funny you say that. I tend to agree to the point that while the cricketers of all other test playing nations depend on the dough they get from "playing" cricket on the field our esteemed cricketers get "easy money" from ads & such lucrative gifts. When we provide them with such easy money WHY would they bother even if they didn't play well? Because the money is anyway there. Not like they need to "earn it" on field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin
There's so much of young talent that can be used. Every other team has brought in fresh blood,and the results are seen at some point or the other.
Talent is there, but are they ready to compete against the best regularly? Most of the times they have been put up against the wall, they have cracked. Apart from T20 that is. Look at our talent. Heroes from T20 all failed to impress in this game when the situation got tough & take India to a victory. And I would love to know which top teams you are talking about that have a complete fresh blood with no experience and are still managing to win on a constant basis. IIRC, Sri Lanka, Australia, South Africa, Pakistan, England, West Indies all have their share of experienced players.

E_t, I agree with you. But, what I am trying to say is that our batting line-up should atleast give it a fight. Loose by 15-30 runs no problem, atleast go down fighting.
Old 2nd October 2007, 21:38   #1406
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
and he still gets violated every time on the field.
Funny you say that. He (senile dwarf) has won 4 MOTM awards & 2 MOTS awards since 2006 upto the England 1 day series (when everyone thought he was playing his worst). While Yuvraj has won just 1 MOTM, Dhoni has 2 MOTM awards (against Bangladesh & Afro XI), Ganguly with 2 MOTM awards, while Dravid has just 1 for the same period. Either the expert panel must be equally biased to help the opposition or you just not been watching enough cricket IMO off lately. Do note that, this does not include all those little handy knocks of any batsmen. This stat is only for the ODI series for 2006/07.
Old 2nd October 2007, 21:41   #1407
Senior - BHPian

@mclaren: You are right. We should treat cricket like any other game. There is so much hype created by media/others that the players become demi gods. Look at other sports. Our media is not even bothered to give enough coverage of the them. Eg: V.Anand won the world chess championship w/o loosing a game and we are not even bothered to discuss the same. Similar is the case with billiards/hockey etc....These people do well because they are less known and do not earn from the ads and other gifts given to them. If they have to earn they have to perform well.

All the money we are paying to government (as taxes) is given to these cricket players as gifts at the cost of exchequer (our money). Its so disgusting.........At least we expect our cricketers to give up a decent fight in the match.

@Monster BHP: Aussies bully and they play well also. But our people have started a new mantra on field i.e., sledging. If our players does sledging and play well on field then it will be different **** game altogether. Unfortunately, they neither show the courage to score runs nor they are good at bowling/fielding.....what they do is just talk and talk......
Old 2nd October 2007, 21:52   #1408
BANNED

Quote:
@mclaren: You are right. We should treat cricket like any other game. There is so much hype created by media/others that the players become demi gods. Look at other sports. Our media is not even bothered to give enough coverage of the them. Eg: V.Anand won the world chess championship w/o loosing a game and we are not even bothered to discuss the same. Similar is the case with billiards/hockey etc....These people do well because they are less known and do not earn from the ads and other gifts given to them. If they have to earn they have to perform well.
Well even our esteemed members here are responsible for a certain amount of hype. Specially the one dealing with the T20 cup. Also everyone seems to have forgotten that Karun Chankdok also won a GP and our national anthem sang on the top step of the podium.

Quote:
But our people have started a new mantra on field i.e., sledging.
I would not classify what Sreesanth did today as sledging. It was more like acting stupid. Even after the ball was dead he knocked the bails of at the bowlers end and was begging the umpire for a referral. That bit IMO is one of the most stupidest things I have seen in cricket. I won't be surprised if Chris Broad suspends him for the next couple of matches too on disciplinary action.

This is what Gilchrist had to say about this incident:

Quote:
I also saw a few things that I wouldn't expect from my son, Harrison, in a backyard game of cricket.
Haddin on the same:

Quote:
There's a fine line between stupidity and the spirit of cricket," he said, referring to the run-out that never was. "You can judge for yourself."
Gilchrist so rightly also mentions this:

Quote:
Gilchrist was at his most caustic though when repeatedly queried about how India's one-day displays stacked up against their Twenty20 heroics. "The quicker we move on from this Twenty20, the better," he said with a wry smile. "Everything keeps getting drawn back to that. Congratulations to India, they had a wonderful victory, beautiful celebrations ... we all enjoyed it, we've never seen anything like it. But I'm more interested in the fact that we're 1-0 up in this one.

"You can't compare. Twenty20 is a different form of the game. We're not sitting back and reflecting on that Twenty20. It means nothing to us now.

"We're here, 50 overs, and that's what we've got to do. In 20 overs, there's so much good fortune that needs to go your way. If you play 10 Twenty20s in a row, you can't put money on who's going to win because it's so variable. But in 50-over cricket, the better side will win more often than not. That's what we're striving to be."
Source: Cricinfo

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd October 2007 at 21:54.
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:26   #1409
BHPian

Quote:

@Monster BHP: Aussies bully and they play well also. But our people have started a new mantra on field i.e., sledging. If our players does sledging and play well on field then it will be different **** game altogether. Unfortunately, they neither show the courage to score runs nor they are good at bowling/fielding.....what they do is just talk and talk......
Its embracing that a country of +1billion people doesnt have one 6footer in the entire team. This what happens when a partial selecting board picks chickens because the selectors themselves are chickens.

More over this Auzie bouncer team takes so many performance enhancing drugs and work out at gyms. We need to boost couple of peacocks in our team and shut the Auzie team. We dont win anyway lets at least have a thuggish team that no one messes with lol.
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:41   #1410
Senior - BHPian

@Monster bhp: Hahaha........well said. You mean to say.....peacocks will eat away kangroos. Ummm......I think peacocks are herbiverous.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks