Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 12:24   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Just caught up with the match - I didnt realize we had a test match in between the ODIs.

I see 3D has been trying hard for yet another century. Thankfully Dravid wont hang around for a half-century - at least not the Dravid we know.

PS: Where's Uthappa? Or is this a Veteran's Benefit Match?
Old 8th October 2007, 12:27   #1652
Senior - BHPian

EEEEEHHHHH! What's happening? Unable to undersatnd the bating order. Dravid might have pushed Uthappa and said "Kid I Will Go Next"
Old 8th October 2007, 12:35   #1653
BANNED

Dhoni wanted to surprise the Aussies with his batting order. Now he has surprised himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
we have messed our batting order big time this match.
Old 8th October 2007, 12:37   #1654
Senior - BHPian

10dulkar has wasted too many deliveries and with this we will end up scoring around 280+. A short of 20 runs......When will these guys understand.....and why Uthappa did not open when the field restrictions are on?
Old 8th October 2007, 12:39   #1655
BHPian

And just see how Uthappa has been hitting! Shame on the chosen batting order today
Old 8th October 2007, 12:41   #1656
Senior - BHPian

291 in 50 overs . 25-30 runs short - we should have got at least 310. Dhoni messed up the batting order BIG TIME.

Uttappa at 3 and Yuvraj at 4 could have propelled us to 320. Now its upto our 2 spinners to take charge.
Old 8th October 2007, 12:43   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
291 in 50 overs . 25-30 runs short - we should have got at least 310. Dhoni messed up the batting order BIG TIME.

Uttappa at 3 and Yuvraj at 4 could have propelled us to 320. Now its upto our 2 spinners to take charge.
I totally agree. And not to mention the blaster who was at best the "blockster" today.
Old 8th October 2007, 12:47   #1658
Senior - BHPian

Sachin, Yuvi Ganguly all wasted **** today. We could have well past 300 in today's match. Now on to spinners and Hayden and Co. will be waiting to put the **** out of ground.
Old 8th October 2007, 12:55   #1659
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Come on guys, give some credit where its due. India could have been easily 3 or 4 wickets down had we lost a wicket initially. Full credit to the Aussie bowlers for the fantastic bowling in the 10 overs. Do note that pitch is playing very unevenly and there was swinging even till the 20th over.

1. All those complaining about Sachin rate, ever wondered why Yuvraj was going under a SR of 50 for his first 33 *****? No, I bet. Some double standards.

Anyone wondered why the runs seemed to have run out all of a sudden after Sachin dismissal until Robin came to the party? I bet no one would have noticed that period either.

I have seen plenty of batsmen throw it off from where Sachin carried on. Not that he didn't try hard to get out . Blame the umpire for letting him play. ROTFLMAO

It was sad that Dhoni ran him out when he was looking good to get some quick runs and make up for the loss. Comeon, it was a easy run to fine leg. But Dhoni preferred to stay in the crease. No one noticed that either?

I think India did so well only because of the start we managed and not loosing wickets. Pitch is not the easiest to bat on. And come on, Dhoni couldn't even get Hogg away in the last 5 overs.

Robin is really good at this. But had he come earlier he might have thrown it away as well. Its a 50-50 chance that he might have clicked as good.

NC, see Dhoni is best at No 4 .

And everyone kept blaming Tendlya for throwing his wicket away the other day, surprisingly no one said the same about Yuvi. Double standards I say.

Diabloo, thats some statistics there. But playing conditions won't let you plan like that my friend. Specially when you have some firing in a swinging ball at 150kmph.

Let us see how the Indians bowl. Thankfully the monkey is out of the team. Which means Pathan gets the new ball. Hopefully, if we get a couple of quick wickets & put Aus under pressure we should win it. I think India are in the driving seat now. Spinners will play a very important role.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th October 2007 at 12:57.
Old 8th October 2007, 12:58   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
It was sad that Dhoni ran him out when he was looking good to get some quick runs and make up for the loss. Comeon, it was a easy run to fine leg. But Dhoni preferred to stay in the crease. No one noticed that either?
I think Dhoni must have got fed up with Sachin's strike rate ....we'd have probably got to 325 if he'd got out a little earlier
Old 8th October 2007, 13:05   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I think Dhoni must have got fed up with Sachin's strike rate ....we'd have probably got to 325 if he'd got out a little earlier
I agree, we would have scored 20-30 runs more easily. Folks who spend more time at the crease are more used the conditions and so should score at a higher rate at least at the end of their innings. Sachin, having spent more than 100 ***** (and 18 years!), should have scored faster, but guess who was hitting better around that time? Hell with 79 runs, if it comes at the strike rate that is much less than the net run rate of the innings, we don't need it.
Old 8th October 2007, 13:10   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Come on guys, give some credit where its due. India could have been easily 3 or 4 wickets down had we lost a wicket initially. Full credit to the Aussie bowlers for the fantastic bowling in the 10 overs. Do note that pitch is playing very unevenly and there was swinging even till the 20th over.
Granted

Quote:
1. All those complaining about Sachin rate, ever wondered why Yuvraj was going under a SR of 50 for his first 33 *****? No, I bet. Some double standards.
I have always maintained Yuvraj at 4 or lower is far more dangerous than at 3. He cant play good swing and good spin bowling.

Quote:
Anyone wondered why the runs seemed to have run out all of a sudden after Sachin dismissal until Robin came to the party? I bet no one would have noticed that period either.
Seems like you missed Dravid who came in after that wicket.

Quote:
I have seen plenty of batsmen throw it off from where Sachin carried on. Not that he didn't try hard to get out . Blame the umpire for letting him play. ROTFLMAO
Sachin carried on slowly because of Vengsarkar's statement - nothing else. This innings gets him a place in the ODI team which will play against Pakistan

Quote:
dhoni did that - wow awesome man way to go Dhoni

Quote:
I think India did so well only because of the start we managed and not loosing wickets. Pitch is not the easiest to bat on. And come on, Dhoni couldn't even get Hogg away in the last 5 overs.
That is very surprising and the whole cricketing world and all the experts call our batsmen the best against spin bowling - I dunno why !!

Quote:
Robin is really good at this. But had he come earlier he might have thrown it away as well. Its a 50-50 chance that he might have clicked as good.
But I would have still taken that chance.

Quote:
NC, see Dhoni is best at No 4 .
I still dis-agree.

Quote:
And everyone kept blaming Tendlya for throwing his wicket away the other day, surprisingly no one said the same about Yuvi. Double standards I say.
I again say - Yuvraj is not suited to No 3. He plays best at 5 and I would keep him at that. If Sachin can blackmail the team into giving him the opening spot I don't know why we can;t let Yuvi bat at 4/5.

Quote:
Let us see how the Indians bowl. Thankfully the monkey is out of the team. Which means Pathan gets the new ball. Hopefully, if we get a couple of quick wickets & put Aus under pressure we should win it. I think India are in the driving seat now. Spinners will play a very important role.
RP should open the bowling I think. Dhoni will keep Pathan for first change where he has been good at slowing things down.
Old 8th October 2007, 13:11   #1663
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Come on Suman, there was a period when Dhoni & Sachin were batting that runs were coming so freely (in singles & 4s). And it was Sachin who was doing most of the scoring (for that brief period). He was meddling the ball quite well before he got out. I am sure we would have got more had he stayed. Rahul, Dhoni didn't score well at all after Sachin got out. I think Robin saved our skins.

PS: When Dhoni came into the crease the score was 174 in 36 overs. When Sachin got out it was 221 in 41.5 overs. Thats 47 runs in 4.5 overs @ over 10 RPO. A feat that no one could match up till Robin scored those fabulous 4s. Since Sachin's dismissal India scored 70 runs in 8.5 overs @ 8 RPO. And I think around 30-40 runs came in the last 3 overs. Now you know where India really lost the match.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th October 2007 at 13:19.
Old 8th October 2007, 13:17   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sachin carried on slowly because of Vengsarkar's statement - nothing else. This innings gets him a place in the ODI team which will play against Pakistan
Right you are!. And it probably gets Australia the series, too
Old 8th October 2007, 13:20   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Another Sachin Tendulkar record

Sachin Tendulkar, in the course of his innings of 79, aggregated 1000 runs for the calendar year 2007. He's now done it in seven different years. No other batsman has managed this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks