Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 14:55   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Will Ricky Ponting get penalized for challenging the umpire's verdict? That too the 3rd Umpire's?

Or is that punishment reserved for Asians?
Old 8th October 2007, 15:01   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hayden scores 50 of 39 deliveries !! And his Indian counterpart scores 50 of 91 delievries !!! Also if nobody outscores Sachin in this match, then Sachin will get the MOTM award
Hey, even if Hayden make 100 off 70 *****, Sachin should be MoM.

MoM is given to the highest contributor to result, and in this case Sachin will be the highest contributor for Aussie win.

\N
Old 8th October 2007, 15:09   #1683
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
MoM is given to the highest contributor to result, and in this case Sachin will be the highest contributor for Aussie win.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:10   #1684
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

As anticipated Indian quickies let us down BIG time. Rank hop deliveries outside off stump, half-volleys on leg stump. Can anyone point out ONE ball that the Indian bowled that looked dangerous? ONE ball that swung? I can't. While the Aussies were constantly swinging the ball, getting uneven bounce NOT one Indian bowler could manage even 10% of what they managed. And then we proudly hold our batsmen responsible for putting this match out of the hands of the Indians.

Even if we got 350, the OZ's look like they are going to get them easily. So whose to be blamed. But of course the Indian batsmen.

Can someone tell me why Yuvraj wasted 33 ***** with a SR of around Sachin's when in sublime form (12 of 25, 18 of 31, 22 of 33)? Ball was not swinging. Could someone tell me why he threw it away giving catching practice to Ponting (what happened to diabloo's performing when it matters here)? Could someone also tell me how much India scored from over 42-48 (it was 40 runs) while 30 runs came in last two overs. While India managed 47 runs in 4.5 overs from 36-41.5 (stat that pmbabu cannot argue on) why did the run rate slump down from 42-48?

I wish more than ever that the openers should have got out early and then we must have had India with 4 down for some 30 odd runs. That IMO would have been a lot of fun.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th October 2007 at 15:14.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:13   #1685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Will Ricky Ponting get penalized for challenging the umpire's verdict? That too the 3rd Umpire's?

Or is that punishment reserved for Asians?
Nopes, no punishment for the Aussie skipper. The match referee will "speak" to him. Period.

And Sreesanth will be fined for excessive appealing
Old 8th October 2007, 15:15   #1686
BHPian

Folks! You are missing the whole point here. I am not saying that Sachin played a remarkable knock today. Hardly. But this is one knock isn't it? We want to knock him off the team. Wonder if anyone can put his stats for the entire year 2007. If he is not performing over that period drop him. But I believe he is. In England he was good. India lost all matches where the small fella dint score runs. Against SA too he played superbly against. And one slow match and he should be out of the team just because people are craving for injection of new blood in the team?? Unjustified IMHO..

Sachin since the world cup and before this series: Average 52+

MSD- Avg. 44 includes a superb 139 not out in the Afro Asia cup. Take that out and the average would drop to 31.6.

Yuvraj Singh - 43.15 includes the Afro Asia cup. Take that out and the average increases to 46.

Unfortunately I could not get the strike rates for the same period but I can assure you that if you do find that Sachin would be somewhere around 80 runs per 100 *****. Again not bad IMHO.

PS: Delayed post because net is abysmally slow and hence took too much time. Add a sutta break in between too.

Last edited by thefreak : 8th October 2007 at 15:20.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:32   #1687
BANNED

Surprisingly we had so many of them cry hoarse that Ganguly should be dropped from the team. He is the 3rd highest run getter in 2007 after Hayden & Jaywardena. Ganguly is behind the SL captain by 24 runs but Ganguly has played 5 matches less. Sachin is 7th & Yuvi is 8th. Ponting is 6th.

Sachin was primarily responsible for India doing well in England. But we have such short memories that we can't remember. Or are we just biased and foolish?

Now I have 3 questions I would like you "experts" to answer.

1. If Ganguly doesn't "fit the team composition" in the last game. How can he fit NOW? Why wasn't he replaced by Rohit Sharma for this game?
2. Why are there two different views on why Ganguly didn't play in the last match? BCCI gives one reason, Dhoni gave another. Why?
3. WHY would ANYONE want to drop a guy who is the highest run getter in this season from India? And currently stands 3rd highest for 07 in the world? This beats my logic completely?

Proof: Cricinfo - Records - 2007 - One-Day Internationals - Most runs

We have 3 Indians in the top 10 batsmen while there are NO Indians (except Zaheer @ 8th) in the bowling top 10. Why?

Cricinfo - Records - 2007 - One-Day Internationals - Most wickets

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th October 2007 at 15:34.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:35   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Surprisingly we had so many of them cry hoarse that Ganguly should be dropped from the team. He is the 3rd highest run getter in 2007 after Hayden & Jaywardena. Ganguly is behind the SL captain by 24 runs but Ganguly has played 5 matches less. Sachin is 7th & Yuvi is 8th. Ponting is 6th.

Sachin was primarily responsible for India doing well in England. But we have such short memories that we can't remember. Or are we just biased and foolish?

Now I have 3 questions I would like you "experts" to answer.

1. If Ganguly doesn't "fit the team composition" in the last game. How can he fit NOW? Why wasn't he replaced by Rohit Sharma for this game?
2. Why are there two different views on why Ganguly didn't play in the last match? BCCI gives one reason, Dhoni gave another. Why?
3. WHY would ANYONE want to drop a guy who is the highest run getter in this season from India? And currently stands 3rd highest for 07 in the world? This beats my logic completely?

Proof: Cricinfo - Records - 2007 - One-Day Internationals - Most runs
Come on. Dont you know he is old? Give youth a chance.

That is the explanation that is doing the rounds these days. Statistics/form/runs scored are immaterial. Sachin/Dada/Dravid are old.
BCCI should put a stipulation on the camps it conducts. People above the age of 30 are not allowed in. Or should we really look at the distant future and start playing the U19 side as our national team?
Old 8th October 2007, 15:41   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren,

Ganguly has scored runs but the way he has scored them counts. He is a scratchy player now even on the offside where he was referred to as God once.

He can't take singles, cannot field - all those add up - don't they ?
Old 8th October 2007, 15:48   #1690
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Give youth a chance.
Hold on. Dhoni has played 88 ODI matches and if he wasn't handed over the captains reigns we were going to see him loose a place to Karthik as a wicket keeper shortly. A fact that many agreed on this very forum after the Eng series.

Yuvi has played 186 ODI's and if someone is to go by the most failures in a career he tops the Indian list. If it wasn't for the T20 he would have been fighting for his place too. Now his place is certain for the next 5yrs because of those 36 runs in 1 over.

Kaif has played almost as long as Yuvi has now & still he has no place in the team.

Gambhir plays one knock of some 40 odd once every 10 matches and manages to hang on to the team while Ganguly who is 3rd in the 07 ranking needs to be dropped.

Is someone implying that none of the 4 mentioned above have got enough chances? Just before the T20 all of them faced possible chances of being dropped. Suddenly we need youth now. After just one series? While if someone who has done well in two series has to be dropped after just 4 rough matches?

By that logic, Sachin scored the 2nd highest in England. Infact his stats for the 07 series after Eng series are like 11M - 578R - 99HS - 52.54Avg - 0 (100's) - 6 (50's). I say go drop him. Inspite of having an average of 66 against SA & 53 against Eng in the last two series. Did someone say he is not consistent or has lost his touch?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th October 2007 at 15:52.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:50   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Not u19.....at least India A team plays better than there senior counterparts.....Currently two bouncers from Australia are playing and they are going to finish the game.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:51   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Hold on. Dhoni has played 88 ODI matches and if he wasn't handed over the captains reigns we were going to see him loose a place to Karthik as a wicket keeper shortly. A fact that many agreed on this very forum after the Eng series.

Yuvi has played 186 ODI's and if someone is to go by the most failures in a career he tops the Indian list. If it wasn't for the T20 he would have been fighting for his place too.

Kaif has played almost as long as Yuvi has now & still he has no place in the team.

Gambhir plays one knock of some 40 odd once every 10 matches and manages to hang on to the team while Ganguly who is 3rd in the 07 ranking needs to be dropped.

Is someone implying that none of the 4 mentioned above have got enough chances? Just before the T20 all of them faced possible chances of being dropped. Suddenly we need youth now. After just one series.

By that logic, Sachin scored the 2nd highest in England. Infact his stats for the 07 series after Eng series are like 11M - 578R - 99HS - 52.54Avg - 0 (100's) - 6 (50's). I say go drop him. Inspite of having an average of 66 against SA & 53 against Eng in the last two series. Did someone say he is not consistent or has lost his touch?
Me was being sarcastic sire!! Yeah agree to most of the points above. But then the experts would still say that they are not young. There has to be an age criteria. Cannot play after 30 like you cannot write IAS after 30
PS: hey normally can I PM you an issue that I am facing with the website management of Team-bhp?

Last edited by thefreak : 8th October 2007 at 15:56.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:04   #1693
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Ganguly has scored runs but the way he has scored them counts.
Show me ONE youngster who has scored so consistently in the entire team over the year. Do take into consideration that the last two series were played at Ireland & Eng where the new ball swings. A problem that Yuvi, Dhoni, Karthik don't have to face coming lower down the order.

Quote:
He can't take singles, cannot field - all those add up - don't they ?
Agreed. Which is why he should still be a captain. Dhoni is a very bad captain IMO. Did anyone notice Ganguly cook up a strategy for Gilchrist in this match and it worked just a couple of ***** later? Ganguly went upto Dhoni and said "DO THIS" for the team. It worked, then some of us say "seniors are selfish". Come on, get a hang of yourself. I say if Ganguly was the captain of the side we would have fared much much better.

Let me point out the number of mistakes Dhoni has committed in this match alone. I can point out many others from every match.

1. Wrong choice of batting order. Specially with Yuvi.
2. Poor bowling rotation & strategy worked out to get the Aussie batsmen out. The minute Ponting saw swing he held back Johnson & brought in Bracken. Who is clearly the better swing bowler. Did Dhoni do the same? Come on every Tom, Dick & Harry knows that Pathan is the better swing bowler.
3. It was clear that RPS was not swinging the ball but was bowling wides one after the other. Yet he kept bowling him till he got tonked for 4s which gave the momentum back to the OZ's.

All this argument is USELESS. Point is Indian batsmen PUT UP THE SCORE which is good for WINNING. IF our BOWLERS can't get their act to-gether WHY blame the batsmen? I can bet that had India lost an early wicket we WOULD have seen another dramatic collapse.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:07   #1694
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Not u19.....at least India A team plays better than there senior counterparts.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but all these U-19 & India A performances are on Indian soil. Take them to Eng, SA, WI, Aus and see them tumble.

What I would really love to see is fab 3 rested for the series in Australia. I am praying they all get injured. Then we will see how much of youth talent we have. That is the real test. As our TALENTED youth showed at Eng.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th October 2007 at 16:08.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:10   #1695
Senior - BHPian

@mclaren: Our seniors are not performing even in home series, right? . At least the u19 & india A performs in home series.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks