Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2007, 16:19   #1936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but some hope is there with Dhoni & Uthappa batting
LOL - snaronikar !! Sasural mein naak katwa li Dravid ne.

Its time for him to think hard about his role in ODI's for India.
Old 14th October 2007, 16:33   #1937
BANNED

NC ... Don't give up hope yet --- 2 BIG hitters still there so you never know ;-) !!
Old 14th October 2007, 16:36   #1938
Senior - BHPian

I know Khaadu - again we got the batting order wrong. Robin should have ideally come in when Pathan went but......I just hope it's not too late now.

My fingers are crossed. Go boys go.
Old 14th October 2007, 16:54   #1939
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I know Khaadu - again we got the batting order wrong. Robin should have ideally come in when Pathan went but......I just hope it's not too late now.

My fingers are crossed. Go boys go.
Both gone .. I guess now we can finally give up hope but time to look forward to the next series
Old 14th October 2007, 17:09   #1940
Senior - BHPian

Good match but unlucky not to get there :-(
And IMO Dravid need to be dropped.He seems totally out of place.
Old 14th October 2007, 17:31   #1941
Senior - BHPian

Yeah....Dravid has to sit out and get back to basics. Ganguly should have stayed on during that crucial juncture. But he looks always tired when he is on 80s and 90s. Not converting 1s into 2s. Hope the age is taking toll on him now.
Old 14th October 2007, 17:31   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Haha the BCCI Club got violated, as usual!
Old 14th October 2007, 17:50   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Another clinical finish by the aussies. Sachin & Saurav laid a good foundation which should have seen us winning. We played well in patches but the No.1 team always believed they could win. Individual brilliance counts for nothing if it does not contribute to the team cause. Just look at our score card. Three of those scores could have been match-winning knocks on another day.

The ODI game has moved on. You need utility players who can bat/bowl and field like their lives depend on it. Saurav and Dravid are peerless, but in a different era. The inability to run 2/3s, save runs and stubborn insistence on scoring only in boundaries used to work just fine till a few years ago. Its time for the Uthappas, Sharmas and Pujaras to step up to the task.
Old 14th October 2007, 18:58   #1944
rks
BANNED

As Arun Lal said, Ganguly's failure to accelerate when he was the set batsman was an important factor in our defeat. 86 off 111 deliveries is just too slow when the target is 318.

And why didn't Murali Karthik get 10 overs? He conceded only 37 off 9 and picked up a wicket. That again looks like an inexplicable blunder to me.
Old 14th October 2007, 21:26   #1945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Haha the BCCI Club got violated, as usual!
Just for the record, this was v1p3r posting from my phone

I'm as totally un-cricket as you can get.
Old 14th October 2007, 21:41   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Just for the record, this was v1p3r posting from my phone
Huh??? What is the droid doing with you Ashok? Is he down in Hyderabad or are you visiting Bengalooru?
Old 15th October 2007, 11:28   #1947
BHPian

'Talking back won't annoy Aussies'

Came across this article on rediff ...

'Talking back won't annoy Aussies'

Quote:
Hello, India,

I've been reading your comments in the press after the Twenty20 World Cup win and till the halfway stage of the Future Cup, and I am sorry to say you've gotten it all wrong.

And this is placing pressure on your game, at a time when you need consistency of performance, and a galvanized attitude, to be successful against Australia.

Three things have been common to your opening matches: open aggressiveness, verbal sledging, and a belief that you are standing up to Australia.

What you need to understand is that these three things are not about physical actions, but about a mental attitude. It is about how you want to think, play and perform in each of the disciplines: batting, bowling, and fielding.

To understand this, you need to first understand how the Australians do it. Out on the field, the Australian players will say things -- little comments, quips, about your game, about your weaknesses. They will also talk of what is going well for them as a team; at times, they will talk about how you failed at key moments in previous games, and how they intend to capitalize on your weaknesses.

They will remind you of the price of failure; they will remind you of what people in your country do when you fail, how they burn your effigies and attack your homes.

The Aussies know that the equation is simple: pressure plus expectation equals failure. They know that the pressure is on you, from your own countrymen, to succeed, and they will use that as a weapon.

Old 15th October 2007, 15:16   #1948
Senior - BHPian

Sachin Tendulkar needs to be blamed here for not scoring as quick as SYmonds did. His strike rate was far below compared to Symonds. If Symonds can do it, why not Sachin. Also he failed to collect a wicket
Old 15th October 2007, 15:38   #1949
BANNED

Bang on spot !!! Couldn't watch the watch, but say the highlights.
SC Ganguly: 50 off 68, finally 86 off 111. So the last 36 runs is off 43. He perished while trying to up his scoring rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
As Arun Lal said, Ganguly's failure to accelerate when he was the set batsman was an important factor in our defeat. 86 off 111 deliveries is just too slow when the target is 318.
Old 15th October 2007, 15:39   #1950
BANNED

You are taking it too far. Little fella did more than his job. Can we ask him to win a match for his country like Symonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Sachin Tendulkar needs to be blamed here for not scoring as quick as SYmonds did. His strike rate was far below compared to Symonds. If Symonds can do it, why not Sachin. Also he failed to collect a wicket

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks