Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2007, 21:43   #2086
Senior - BHPian

India will make it today..We sure are world champs
Old 20th October 2007, 22:15   #2087
Senior - BHPian

Oh Boy!!! What a match...Thrashed Aussies This win will silence them (back home).
Old 20th October 2007, 22:16   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Well we won, comprehensively at that! Fantastic show by all batsmen, except for Sehwag who failed, again.
Old 20th October 2007, 22:28   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Great show. We thrashed them.

Now bring on the Pakistan team !

In the meanwhile - lets continue our debate.

This win surely puts the role of the Fab 3 in question. I think the team looked weighed down when the big 3 are playing...I don't know why !
Old 20th October 2007, 22:39   #2090
BHPian

Second time that we beat Aus in T20 within a month. Looks like this format of the games suits us the best !!
Old 20th October 2007, 22:45   #2091
BHPian

I agree... India played super cricket today.
The Australians still look upon the T20 format with suspicion..they don't seem too good at it, do they??..but give them time...a year or so down the line they could be just as good at it as in other forms of the game.

There was a small dark lining in today's victory....the mumbai crowd. Each time poor Symonds came on screen, they jeered like they was no tomorrow.. what pathetic behaviour!..felt sorry for Symonds when in one of the close ups, he forced a wry smile when the booing started :-(
Old 20th October 2007, 22:48   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
This win surely puts the role of the Fab 3 in question. I think the team looked weighed down when the big 3 are playing...I don't know why !
Couldn't agree with you more. There is an air of great freedom with which the Twenty20 team bowls, fields and bats. Why won't our BCCI/Selectors play THIS team at least in the dead rubbers of 50 over matches and see how the team responds? Except for Sehwag (who made mess of another good chance to get back), everyone else performed very well against the famed Aussies.

BTW, as per Cricinfo reports, the last 8 international matches (that had results) between India and Australia have been shared 4-4. Good going, surely!

Last edited by pmbabu : 20th October 2007 at 23:03.
Old 20th October 2007, 23:00   #2093
BHPian

Note one thing about this T20 match, famously called the slam-bang version of the game:

Gambhir: 19
Sehwag: 1
Uthappa: 11
Yuvraj: 9
Dhoni: 3
Total: 43

Those were the total number of singles scored by Indians.

Aussies scored 44 (Ponting scoring 22 of them).

Goes to show it is not all that slam-bang!

Last edited by pmbabu : 20th October 2007 at 23:02.
Old 21st October 2007, 03:50   #2094
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j View Post
There was a small dark lining in today's victory....the mumbai crowd. Each time poor Symonds came on screen, they jeered like they was no tomorrow.. what pathetic behaviour!..felt sorry for Symonds when in one of the close ups, he forced a wry smile when the booing started :-(
I don't think you can classify that as a dark lining .... he was jeered coz he asked for it !! And everyone knew that it was bound to happen -- blame it on the media or blame it on the players but it was called for .

If he took it in his stride .. great or else pls revert back to earlier posts where it goes to prove that Aussies can't handle it when they are at the receiving end but never have a problem when they are at the giving end .

BOOOOO SYMONDS >.......
Old 21st October 2007, 07:26   #2095
Team-BHP Support

The Aussie crowds and players are no better dude. Neither are the South Africans or the Brits. They have a go at any player the feel like. While I do agree, Sreesanth over did the sledging bit, don't for one minute think that the Indians are treated like kings everywhere they go.
Old 21st October 2007, 10:46   #2096
Senior - BHPian

We can expect the same/more sledging when our team visits them during early next year. The crowd will not leave our people and we will also be booooed/jeered.....Tit for Tat. As aussies are among the most racist people than the any other country in the world.

Whatever our crowd has done here, we need to be prepared to receive them back when our team visits down under. Should not be any regrets on this. Let's wait and see how our media reacts to it.
Old 21st October 2007, 10:56   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Steer @ Where are you hiding or are you busy cheering them on ???
Missed the match as I was in an aircraft!!!

It looks like the Aussies are slowly getting used to losing....they've been used to walking over all teams without a single defeat for a long time. Now they've lost 4 matches to us in the last 2 months.

>>>>>>>BOOOO Symonds!<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Way to go, Bombay! I was kind of hoping the whole crowd with turn up with ape masks.
Old 21st October 2007, 13:42   #2098
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Missed the match as I was in an aircraft!!!

It looks like the Aussies are slowly getting used to losing....they've been used to walking over all teams without a single defeat for a long time. Now they've lost 4 matches to us in the last 2 months.

>>>>>>>BOOOO Symonds!<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Way to go, Bombay! I was kind of hoping the whole crowd with turn up with ape masks.
Steer @ No wonder you were not posting .... you did miss seeing the Aussies get a whipping and the look on Pontings face -- PRICELESS . the last time I saw the same look on Pontings face was when Gibbs went ballistic against them in the famous 400+ chase . Mid way through the on slaught he ran short of ideas and I sure was wishing that he could dig a lil hole and roll into it .

And yeah ... the whole stadium should have joined in the BOOOING -- but yes, we better expect the same when we tour down under later this year . Shall be FUN .
Old 21st October 2007, 14:13   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
but yes, we better expect the same when we tour down under later this year . Shall be FUN .
Yeah we should be prepared to take on that and not go crying to Cricket Australia like the aussies did to BCCI. Its only reasonable to expect the same treatment - and our guys should know that what goes around ultimately comes around.

Yeah it should be fun.
Old 21st October 2007, 15:45   #2100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
. Its only reasonable to expect the same treatment - and our guys should know that what goes around ultimately comes around..
Strangely the Aussies never thought of this ... didn't they think that someone else could give it back to them on the field and when they did get it from the players and then followed by the public they went HOWLING . All these years they have been at the giving end .... noone told them that it could boomerang on them

As for BOOING and guys who think that was a dark lining ... did you see the match when Eng toured SA just after Pieterson had started playing for Eng ?? Everytime he went onto the field or hit a shot or collected the ball he was BOOOED .... and this went on through the series but no one went complaining anywhere !!

Cheers

PS -- When does the Pak series start ... and how many matches do we have there ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks